Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Pay raise for Ameriflight pilots

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by TangoBar View Post
Sscott, if you're planning on another couple years before applying, it's pretty hard to say what the turbine mins will be at that time. If they need a 99 pilot and you're qualified, you'll get the option. It took about six months for me to get the opportunity, but it could have been eight or nine months. If we feel the pinch from the regionals hiring, then it may happen a lot quicker. My advice would be to get your hours as fast as possible and ask the same questions when the answers won't just be raw speculation.

As for the raise, I'm very happy to be earning more. However, I'm a little disappointed- while Chieftain CPs get a $2+ raise, 99 CPs... don't. I had been expecting parity in the raises, though I guess I can see why that didn't happen- 99 drivers are getting valuable turbine time, they're more locked in by the commitment, etc.

No- a few PA-31s don't, and I haven't seen any 99s on the line that do.

What, no at the Ramada Limited for you guys?
There are actually quite a few 99's with AP's in them now. And no, no Ramada for future Metro drivers. They put us in the Homestead for the planned month stay up here in beautiful Seattle.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:11 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Default Any chance...

Any chance that one of the AMF folks could post here and/or send the fine operators of Airline Pilot Central a copy of the new pay scale (for all aircraft)?

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/contact_APC/

Thanks,
Old 10-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Airline Captain (cargo)

I have been with ameriflight for 2 months now (passed check ride a month ago). I love it so far. I just wanted to inform you guys out there that if you are single and like to travel and live in a suit case, then you have the chance to make money. I'm a TDY up in Oakland and as a TDY I make around 4500$ a month. I just said up my appartment lease, so the only expenses I have is my cell phone and pay for food. I'm trying to be a TDY for another month or two. If you guys want to join ameriflight the best way to do it is to be based in burbank and be TDY somewhere.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

So there are no PA31 runs out of PHX anymore?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Airline Captain (cargo)

the link below will tell you about the new payscale for ameriflight, anyone please take the time and update it at www.airlinepilotcentral.com I DONT HAVE TIME

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/fact...vhg4rhhmr39ue2
Old 10-26-2007, 05:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left and Right of Whatever

26.29 top out for a Bro CAPT and 12 something for an FO? No wonder they are having problems.

As far as pay across the industry goes....Same song, different band.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Don't be fooled by the retention bonus. It does anything but retain people. I do not know one person that will stay an extra 3 months to get that money.

Also, the new rule, as I read it, is that if you are or where under a training contract for that year the retention bonus is not available unless you sign up for the 2 year contract.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

just thought i would point out that that the rates look really low because it is a different pay structure than what you are used to...min gaurantee is 40 hours per week, so for a first year FO it comes out to $1820.80 a month where as comair is $1650.00, Pinnacle is $1575.00, Mesaba is $1800.00 per month. So pay scales are not really bad compared to the industry, plus most of your flying would be as a captain anyway as in most of their airplanes are single pilot.
so...if your a PA-31 captain your first year pay is acutally $2153.60 per month minimum
Old 10-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Hi!

If you like -135, or want to move to more of a -121 operation, we are looking HARD for pilots.

Falcon 20 FO $34/yr-full pay in training. -9 FO $39/yr. Falcon upgrade is now 6-12 months if you have the time. Mvmt from Falcon FO to -9 FO is now about 6 months. Hiring -9 off the street, also.

10 days off/28 for Falcon guys, 12/28 for -9 pilots. All HARD days off-you will be airlined to DTW or to your home to make your days off, if necessary. If you want to work a day off, 4 hours of pay. 5 year Falcon capt pay $92/hr.

Just increased perdiem $
Just gave us duty rig pay.

Just changed minimum callout times for freight pilots:
#1 crew, 25"
Not #1 1 hour during the week, 2 hours on weekends. If this program works in Nov, and then Dec, it will go into effect permanently 1 Jan.

If you're a PAX pilot, you have a fixed schedule (no reserve at all), or you're on a 2 hour callout if on a reserve schedule.

If U want a TON of info, pm me.

cliff
YIP
USA Jet Airlines
-121 supplemental
Mostly Falcons and -9s
YIP and ABQ
Old 10-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
Hi!

If you like -135, or want to move to more of a -121 operation, we are looking HARD for pilots.

Falcon 20 FO $34/yr-full pay in training. -9 FO $39/yr. Falcon upgrade is now 6-12 months if you have the time. Mvmt from Falcon FO to -9 FO is now about 6 months. Hiring -9 off the street, also.

10 days off/28 for Falcon guys, 12/28 for -9 pilots. All HARD days off-you will be airlined to DTW or to your home to make your days off, if necessary. If you want to work a day off, 4 hours of pay. 5 year Falcon capt pay $92/hr.

Just increased perdiem $
Just gave us duty rig pay.

Just changed minimum callout times for freight pilots:
#1 crew, 25"
Not #1 1 hour during the week, 2 hours on weekends. If this program works in Nov, and then Dec, it will go into effect permanently 1 Jan.

If you're a PAX pilot, you have a fixed schedule (no reserve at all), or you're on a 2 hour callout if on a reserve schedule.

If U want a TON of info, pm me.

cliff
YIP
USA Jet Airlines
-121 supplemental
Mostly Falcons and -9s
YIP and ABQ
Thanks for the info. Now we know to stay away from there.