Pay raise for Ameriflight pilots

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Pay raise for Ameriflight pilots

Old 09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Sidelined

I was told both Chieftain and BE99 will be at $28,000.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by socal swede View Post
I was told both Chieftain and BE99 will be at $28,000.
That is what I heard also. First year pay. Also heard retention bonus on the Metro, 1900, Lear and Brasilia was going from 5% to 10%.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by sscottky72 View Post
Really? Everything I have been reading indicated that it is possible to obtain 1000 hours in 12-18 mos.
Yeah, maybe if you get a super sweet high time run right out of the starting blocks (yeah right), scjfly is right, plan on 500-600 hours a year. The 1000 PIC turbine is really unrealistic in 12-18 months.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Freightdog:

Make sure you sign up to be a Marriot points member. You'll get bucoo points. They try to let the Metro class have the crew car on the weekends, so make sure you get out and see Seattle. Other than that if you have the flows down, you'll be way ahead of the game!
Ziggy,

Actually they are putting us up in the Homestead Suites now, Im not sure if that is an upgrade or not.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
On Reserve

Just got the new pay scale. I am getting just under a $5000 raise for the PA31 at $28000!! When I compare that to what I would be making at SkyWest I am very happy with my decision to come to Ameriflight. In addition, I am logging PIC time for now and getting great experience. In my third year if lucky enough to get on the Metro or 1900 I could be making $45165. No reason to even think about the regionals now.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: .

According to their website, they are hiring directly into the metroliner, is that correct? do you know what you get before you even start class?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:05 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
According to their website, they are hiring directly into the metroliner, is that correct? do you know what you get before you even start class?
There are openings in CVG for Metro pilots right off the street. I also know they just hired a pilot off the street for Bakersfield CA in the Metro. Most Metro job come as internal upgrades. If you are coming right off the street there had to be an internal bid open and close. If no one wants the opening then they go outside. I think Ameriflight lets you pick where you want to go and they don't "assign" where you are based. However, in the case of the Metro or the 1900 there needs to be an opening. There might be a Metro job open in San Angelo TX and of course the one in CVG. You should call Joanie or Sylvia in pilot recruting to see what exactly is open. I just met a pilot who was upgraded to the 1900 in about a year because she took an outstation somewhere in Arizona (I forgot the city). I have heard a lot of stories like that. With my family situation I am sort of stuck in SoCal so I expect the opportunities to be less for me.

I am pretty new here, but there are a lot of very happy pilots at Ameriflight. The management of the flight department is the best I have seen anywhere although there is a rumor the VP is being offered a VP job at another 121 airline. I hope he stays.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Just curious - what is the upgrade time for the lear?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: BE-1900 CA

Originally Posted by sscottky72 View Post
Turbine mins still 1800TT for new hires? So if you get hire with 1200 TT do you still have to wait until you get 1800TT for turbine eligibility or 1500TT?
Sscott, if you're planning on another couple years before applying, it's pretty hard to say what the turbine mins will be at that time. If they need a 99 pilot and you're qualified, you'll get the option. It took about six months for me to get the opportunity, but it could have been eight or nine months. If we feel the pinch from the regionals hiring, then it may happen a lot quicker. My advice would be to get your hours as fast as possible and ask the same questions when the answers won't just be raw speculation.

As for the raise, I'm very happy to be earning more. However, I'm a little disappointed- while Chieftain CPs get a $2+ raise, 99 CPs... don't. I had been expecting parity in the raises, though I guess I can see why that didn't happen- 99 drivers are getting valuable turbine time, they're more locked in by the commitment, etc.

Originally Posted by verticalspeed
Did Ameriflight finally install autopilots in all their aircraft?
No- a few PA-31s don't, and I haven't seen any 99s on the line that do.

Originally Posted by freightdog
Actually they are putting us up in the Homestead Suites now
What, no at the Ramada Limited for you guys?

Last edited by TangoBar; 09-30-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
On Reserve

[quote=TangoBar;239831]

As for the raise, I'm very happy to be earning more. However, I'm a little disappointed- while Chieftain CPs get a $2+ raise, 99 CPs... don't. I had been expecting parity in the raises, though I guess I can see why that didn't happen- 99 drivers are getting valuable turbine time, they're more locked in by the commitment, etc.

I just spoke to another new pilot person. The VP, CP and Dir of Trng were in OAK today. The VP addressed the raise and told them this was a 650K+ investment in the pilot group and was the largest pay raise in the company's history. He went through the method of how the raise was distributed in great detail. I will have more next week because we are having the meeting next week in my base. He also said some very interesting things about career moves in the industry.

My friend said that the VP was like he always is, very credible. A lot of pilots really like this guy and see him as very supportive of all of us. He told the group if they did not approve of the raise and if they were mad they should blame him and if they were happy, they should call the sole owner of the company and thank him. Who ever heard of any management guy taking the blame for the bad and giving the credit to others for the good stuff? Seems like a rare thing but in my encounters with the VP this is exactly the way he is. I can't wait to next week. All I can say is I got almost $5000 raise and it is hard to complain. I chose to come here over Skywest and I made the right decision with or without the payraise. It just sweetened the deal and confirmed I made the right move.