Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Scooter2525 09-24-2010 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by scubabri (Post 874855)
Do they hire directly into the 1900 or metro?

It has happened before even within the past year, but that is rare and not something thats a usual practice.

Oldog 09-25-2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by f16jetmech (Post 873423)
Does anyone know how picky they are regarding the multi time requirement? Example: I may be building some multi time in the next few months but wouldn't be ready to apply to AMF for at least another year. Are they big on the currency of multi? Obviously within reason, but all or most need to be recent? Or just some....

What they're really trying to determine is how "trainable" you will be -- no easy task on the phone or even in face-to-face interviews. The training and checkrides are pretty serious business, and people without recent experience -- or very little AMEL experience -- are more likely to have problems than folks with more (and recent) time. There are exceptions. A red-hot interview and blazing sim check will help.

samstanton 10-08-2010 01:00 PM

I submitted my online application last night. Do they send out any automated email to let the applicant know they have received it?

Desert Sky 10-29-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by samstanton (Post 881949)
I submitted my online application last night. Do they send out any automated email to let the applicant know they have received it?

Any word back?

samstanton 11-01-2010 08:33 PM

Nothing yet....

ownthesky748 11-03-2010 10:12 AM

No they don't send out any confirmation. they will contact you over email for phone interview.

Oldog 11-06-2010 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers (Post 875012)
Oh I know how it works over there...the "squeaky wheel gets the grease", which is how I was with them. But getting this email after we had scheduled an interview seems to close the deal for me:

"I am sorry to inform you that Ameriflight will not be able to go forward with your interview process. While I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of your interview cancellation, I will say that it was indeed a pleasure speaking to you on Sept. 9.
*$##$, I wish you all the luck in the world and I know your flying career with soar to unexpected heights."

If you don't succeed the first time, try, try again (once every 45 days is enough). But bear in mind that they're trying to identify the best candidates from the resumes and interview results on hand when it's time to select a class. A look at your own resume and past history is also worthwhile, because they check those things pretty thoroughly -- and sometimes replies to previous employer queries or PRIA requests don't come in until after the phone interview.

tbmpilot 11-08-2010 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 897365)
and sometimes replies to previous employer queries or PRIA requests don't come in until after the phone interview.

I don't believe they start the PRIA process until you are in INDOC

mshunter 11-08-2010 04:23 PM

Just made it through the phone interview, and was invited to the "real" interview.

Scooter2525 11-08-2010 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by mshunter (Post 898195)
Just made it through the phone interview, and was invited to the "real" interview.

:) Congrats man. You will do great!