Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Fly Boy Knight 12-21-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1105615)
Thanks for the response.

Does the airline provided transportation to BUR? And are you responsible for your own hotel while in training?

Thanks again for any and all replies.

The airline will provide you with hotel stays and travel arrangements ONCE YOU ARE IN TRAINING. You are responsible for getting yourself to BUR for indoc.

Ex. Indoc in BUR, aircraft flt training in PDX = you will get yourself to BUR and then they take it from there.

ATOP40 12-23-2011 03:12 PM

Thanks again for the response.

If possible, does anyone have information about the past couple new hire classes? Class date, base awards and equipment filled would be helpful.

Thanks again.

Badkharma 01-01-2012 12:42 PM

Possible for new AMF hires to get on at ONT?

freightdog 01-02-2012 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Badkharma (Post 1110480)
Possible for new AMF hires to get on at ONT?

Quick and dirty answer: No, the company sees BUR and ONT as a single base when it comes to flight crews (saves on paying per diem). Everyone starts over in BUR in the Chieftain and transitions are between 3-9 months to the Be99 depending on our turnover/company needs. However, the junior lines trend to ONT. So, the possibility of holding a line in ONT can often quickly after transitioning into the 99. But be warned, you will be expected to commute to BUR as well if the schedule dictates; be mentally and physically prepared for that.

Badkharma: I got your PM, I'll be sending you that email. :D

Sonny Crockett 01-02-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1st2000 (Post 240527)
I do not think Ameriflight tells you to go anywhere. My experience: I was asked where I wanted to go and it happened. They try and fill the openings, but you go where you want. I hear San Juan is hard to get, but I think San Juan is growing so you never know.

I just came here and this is a great place. Entry level pay is now at 28000 for the PA31 and BE99. Before I came here I did not know about the pending pay raise. If you are willing to move, it seems you can get an opportunity for something bigger fairly fast. As I have said in other posts the pilot management at Ameriflight is the very best. The ACP at my base says the VP is a fighter for the pilots and that everyone in the flight departemnt respects him. I think good leadership makes all the difference.

You should call Sylvia or Joanie in pilot recruiting. I just filled out the online application and was called for an interview in two days. A friend who also applied was not hired so they don't hire everyone.

Let me know if I can help further.

VP is Lotter correct?

A. Lotter is a GREAT guy!

freightdog 01-02-2012 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett (Post 1110992)
VP is Lotter correct?

A. Lotter is a GREAT guy!

Correct, Lotter is the VP and D.O.

ImperialxRat 01-02-2012 11:40 PM

A. Lotter is a great guy. I enjoyed chatting with him a lot when I worked there. Really looks out for the pilots and will help you out getting you a base that you want.

Manny 01-03-2012 08:12 AM

13 years ago I was able to take a company metro from PDX to OAK and that same night a Lear 35 to BUR. I started indoc the next day. Just ask.

Badkharma 01-04-2012 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1110983)
Quick and dirty answer: No, the company sees BUR and ONT as a single base when it comes to flight crews (saves on paying per diem). Everyone starts over in BUR in the Chieftain and transitions are between 3-9 months to the Be99 depending on our turnover/company needs. However, the junior lines trend to ONT. So, the possibility of holding a line in ONT can often quickly after transitioning into the 99. But be warned, you will be expected to commute to BUR as well if the schedule dictates; be mentally and physically prepared for that.

Badkharma: I got your PM, I'll be sending you that email. :D

Cool, thanks for the info!! Looking forward to hearing from you.

DirectTo 01-04-2012 02:14 PM

Many ex-airliners over there? I'm looking to jump ship and have always thought AMF was a cool deal.