Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

freightdog 09-14-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by MissPIC (Post 1260621)
Does anyone know how hard it is to get based in CVG?

Not that hard at all. If you're applying to AMF, tell the recruiter, Sheri Hudson, that you want CVG. It only may help if you have previous turbine time since CVG is an all turbine base (Metros, 1900s, and Brasilias).

MissPIC 09-17-2012 05:38 AM

Thank you guys!

Oldog 09-22-2012 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Turbine (Post 1254350)
Awesome, thanks for that. What does it mean when "expediter" is listed as the aircraft type ?

Fairchild factory-built 22 Merlin IV-C airplanes (the marginally-successful "corporate" version of the Metro III) as straight freighters and called them "Expediters."

Twelve "light" airplanes (14,000 lb MTOW) originally went to UPS (with N-numbers ending in UP) and were originally operated under contract by SAT.

Ten "heavies" (16,000 lb MTOW, can be identified by serial numbers ending in "A") went to DHL (with N-numbers ending in DH) and were originally operated by DHL's own crews.

Ameriflight has 17 of the 22 Expediters built. There are very minor systems and performance differences between the Merlin IV-C and Metro III.

Now, take an anti-TMI pill.

Turbine 09-22-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 1264959)
[/B]

Fairchild factory-built 22 Merlin IV-C airplanes (the marginally-successful "corporate" version of the Metro III) as straight freighters and called them "Expediters."

Twelve "light" airplanes (14,000 lb MTOW) originally went to UPS (with N-numbers ending in UP) and were originally operated under contract by SAT.

Ten "heavies" (16,000 lb MTOW, can be identified by serial numbers ending in "A") went to DHL (with N-numbers ending in DH) and were originally operated by DHL's own crews.

Ameriflight has 17 of the 22 Expediters built. There are very minor systems and performance differences between the Merlin IV-C and Metro III.

Now, take an anti-TMI pill.

Thanks for that very detailed analysis !:)

I saw Ameriflight posted a need for a direct entry Metro captain, for CVG or BUF, on climb2350. The flight time requirements seemed a little steep. Something like 2-3K total with 1500 multi pic ?? Are those requirements lower for pilots already working at AMF ? What are the mins. to get a 99 as a new hire ? (assuming there was a vacancy for one of course)

jcrews 09-24-2012 08:14 AM

I assume there is a bit of a revolving door at the PA31 bases. What do people usually do for housing? Rent a room, crash pad?

freightdog 09-24-2012 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by jcrews (Post 1265618)
I assume there is a bit of a revolving door at the PA31 bases. What do people usually do for housing? Rent a room, crash pad?

Both, remember though that AMF does day trips and you're home the same day. So you want your living situation to be a somewhat comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.

freightdog 09-24-2012 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Turbine (Post 1264992)
Thanks for that very detailed analysis !:)

I saw Ameriflight posted a need for a direct entry Metro captain, for CVG or BUF, on climb2350. The flight time requirements seemed a little steep. Something like 2-3K total with 1500 multi pic ?? Are those requirements lower for pilots already working at AMF ? What are the mins. to get a 99 as a new hire ? (assuming there was a vacancy for one of course)

If you knew someone who flies a metro then you would understand why for the high time requirements. It's a lot of airplane in the beginning. Especially for street hires; having to learn the "Ameriflightisms" and the aircraft.

For example, our Beech 99 IOE/line training is about 7-10 days max with a week of ground and sims, while the Metro IOE/line training is about 2-3 weeks of flight training and the 2 weeks of ground, CPTs, and sims.

Beech 99 street hires require less time. Lately it seems that the street captains have been having between 1200-1500 TT, with a couple hundred hours of multi, and some with no previous turbine time.

CirrusPilot 09-25-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1266108)
If you knew someone who flies a metro then you would understand why for the high time requirements. It's a lot of airplane in the beginning. Especially for street hires; having to learn the "Ameriflightisms" and the aircraft.

For example, our Beech 99 IOE/line training is about 7-10 days max with a week of ground and sims, while the Metro IOE/line training is about 2-3 weeks of flight training and the 2 weeks of ground, CPTs, and sims.

Beech 99 street hires require less time. Lately it seems that the street captains have been having between 1200-1500 TT, with a couple hundred hours of multi, and some with no previous turbine time.

Could you guys give me an idea on what the lowest times Ameriflight is accepting? I have been researching this company and am very interested. I cant wait to move on from flight instruction!
Thanks

jcrews 09-26-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by cirruspilot (Post 1266245)
could you guys give me an idea on what the lowest times ameriflight is accepting? I have been researching this company and am very interested. I cant wait to move on from flight instruction!
Thanks

1240 tt 35 me

flysooner9 09-26-2012 11:38 AM

Any chance of being based around Dallas?