Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

SWAblue 01-07-2013 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by tbmpilot (Post 1325031)
This information has been shared so much I'm shocked by your question.

But, to answer...

In most cases, you either work 5 full days a week or 6 days which usually consists of 4 full days and two half days. For full days - Show up and fly super early. Fly and go home super late. Sit in some God-forsaken place all day in-between (off duty). For half days - fly in the AM or PM depending and go home.

Some 4 and 4.5 day schedules are available. Work there a few years and you may luck into one of those.

QOL? It depends on you. Can you find something fun or productive or FUN to do in the place where you sit all day? Girlfriend??? Second job??? Nastiness all day long or making a boatload of extra money = pretty good QOL... I made twice what I made at AMF during the daytime "sits".

I am sorry for shocking you, but this really did not show what is being asked.

Looking at the BE99 flight schedules out of KHWD, it shows them flying all night between KHWD and KBUR. Your explanation does not paint a picture of how an individual schedule would look like with these specific flights.

When ever I share an example of a schedule I show a real schedule for an entire month that includes every leg, the times of departures and arrivals, the city pairs, the day of the week flown, etc.

Does AMF not build monthly or weekly schedules that you can share with such detail?

mojo6911 01-07-2013 08:27 AM

Is there anyway to be based at DFW as a new hire?

tbmpilot 01-07-2013 06:02 PM

True but...

Originally Posted by SWAblue (Post 1325303)
Looking at the BE99 flight schedules out of KHWD, it shows them flying all night between KHWD and KBUR. Your explanation does not paint a picture of how an individual schedule would look like with these specific flights.

There are some outlier flights, but most schedules will be as I described. You won't be able to hold a BE99 out of HWD as a new hire anyway.

SWAblue 01-07-2013 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by tbmpilot (Post 1325774)
There are some outlier flights, but most schedules will be as I described. You won't be able to hold a BE99 out of HWD as a new hire anyway.

I am not interested in what I can hold as a new hire. I am interested in the actual pilot schedules for the BE99 out of HWD.

Can someone help here?

Thanks.

word302 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Can anyone tell me if the PA-31 run between Burbank and San Diego is really just KBUR-KMYF sit all day KMYF-KEMT-KBUR?

Are there any other VFR legs that don't show up on flightaware?

Thanks for the help.

Rexflyt 01-07-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by SWAblue (Post 1325860)
I am not interested in what I can hold as a new hire. I am interested in the actual pilot schedules for the BE99 out of HWD.

Can someone help here?

Thanks.

I don't fly out of HWD, but looking at the schedule it looks like there are 4 99 runs. Mon-Fri to Eureka, Mon PM to Thu PM to Burbank, Mon PM to Fri PM to Burbank, and Sat AM to Burbank.

Rexflyt 01-07-2013 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by word302 (Post 1325867)
Can anyone tell me if the PA-31 run between Burbank and San Diego is really just KBUR-KMYF sit all day KMYF-KEMT-KBUR?

Are there any other VFR legs that don't show up on flightaware?

Thanks for the help.

That pretty much is it, I believe on Mon or maybe it was Fri it did an extra leg to KEMT in the AM, so BUR-MYF-EMT-MYF. It has been awhile since I did that run.

SWAblue 01-08-2013 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rexflyt (Post 1325880)
I don't fly out of HWD, but looking at the schedule it looks like there are 4 99 runs. Mon-Fri to Eureka, Mon PM to Thu PM to Burbank, Mon PM to Fri PM to Burbank, and Sat AM to Burbank.

Thanks Rex.

I couldn't tell if the HWD pilots were flying one round trip a night to BUR or two round trips with BUR also being a base. It sounds like one round trip.

Can you include the departure and arrival times for those trips out of HWD to BUR and back?

Thanks again?

word302 01-08-2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rexflyt (Post 1325882)
That pretty much is it, I believe on Mon or maybe it was Fri it did an extra leg to KEMT in the AM, so BUR-MYF-EMT-MYF. It has been awhile since I did that run.

Thanks for the help. Sounds like not a bad run, being stuck in San Diego all day that is.

Rexflyt 01-08-2013 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by SWAblue (Post 1325981)
Thanks Rex.

I couldn't tell if the HWD pilots were flying one round trip a night to BUR or two round trips with BUR also being a base. It sounds like one round trip.

Can you include the departure and arrival times for those trips out of HWD to BUR and back?

Thanks again?

I don't have access to the details other than departure times. The Sat AM flight has a 0330 Dep to BUR, the Mon-Fri PM has a Dep. time of 2100, Mon-Thu. Dep time is 2150. Flightaware may give you a better picture of what the flights are actually doing, hope that helps.