Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 01-09-2013 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by mojo6911 (Post 1325308)
Is there anyway to be based at DFW as a new hire?

Based at DFW itself? Not likely. The only positions that are actually BASED in DFW are metro/1900/E120 reserves. These may also be dual qualified in the BE99, but that's about it. So most of these are a bit more senior.

As for the runs that come into DFW at night (out station based in west Texas,) those sometimes go to new hires if no one bids them from within the company. But since the majority of new hires go into the PA31 still, and there are no PA31s in Texas, the best bet is to get on anywhere and then bid into Texas as soon as you can.

Fly Boy Knight 01-10-2013 02:14 AM

Anyone can see Ameriflight's flight schedule at the following link:

Ameriflight Daily Schedule

The flights are listed in order of flight number but just look at the departure and destination cities to find a specific flight. Also, a certain weekly run may have slightly different flight numbers depending on whether it is AM or PM, T-F vs Sat or Mon, etc. ALL of the flights that go to and from a certain set of cities usually included in the weekly run that a pilot will get scheduled for. Most of them are 5 days a week (M-F) or 6 days a week (Mon night -Sat morning) with Mon and Sat being 1/2 days only. Usually these type of runs are "Outstations" where instead of living "in base" (ie. in the city where the AMF base is), you will live in the outstation city and fly into the base town at night, spend the night there, and fly back to your home (the outstation city) in the morning.

ATOP40 01-10-2013 06:56 AM

Thanks to everyone for their contributions to answer my question about the scheduling out of KHWD on the BE99.

I was interested to see the hours of duty, the layover cities and the amount of time flying. When looking at the schedule with having bases in both BUR and HWD I couldn't tell if is one round trip a night per pilot or if a HWD pilot would do two round trips which I would prefer to build the time faster. It sounds like it is one round trip for a HWD BE99 pilot to BUR.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your time.

Jetlife 01-11-2013 06:40 PM

The only 2 BE99 runs at HWD are 229 and 1391. 229 is the night run to BUR, 1391 goes to RNO from SFO. That base is unfortunately losing runs like hotcakes.

freightdog 01-11-2013 11:57 PM

Thanks Rex.

I couldn't tell if the HWD pilots were flying one round trip a night to BUR or two round trips with BUR also being a base. It sounds like one round trip.

Can you include the departure and arrival times for those trips out of HWD to BUR and back?

Thanks again?
SWAblue,

If your looking to jumpseat you can try and call AMF dispatch at 18008004538 and they should be able to tell you the departure and arrival times.

The pilots at AMF get only a flight number on their schedule and have to find out from the dispatch what the times and legs are. Their systems are not intermingled to its difficult at getting info all in one place.

I do know when I was still there there were two (2) Be99 flights out of BUR that went to HWD. One departed at 2300 and another around 0030-0100 and one quick turned and the other day in HWD for about 2 hours. Those two separate flights only have about 5-7 hours of duty assigned to them per night. I'm pretty sure the HWD night schedules mask BURs.

Jetlife 01-12-2013 05:01 AM

There is only one night 99 run now. It leaves around 10pm, and departs BUR around 3-4 if I remember.

ATOP40 01-12-2013 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1328513)
The only 2 BE99 runs at HWD are 229 and 1391. 229 is the night run to BUR, 1391 goes to RNO from SFO. That base is unfortunately losing runs like hotcakes.

Doe AMF keep the airplane in SFO? Or does it get ferried from HWD?

Thanks.

I certainly am sorry to hear that they have been cutting back HWD. Same for the PA31?

SWAblue 01-12-2013 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1328620)
SWAblue,

If your looking to jumpseat you can try and call AMF dispatch at 18008004538 and they should be able to tell you the departure and arrival times.

The pilots at AMF get only a flight number on their schedule and have to find out from the dispatch what the times and legs are. Their systems are not intermingled to its difficult at getting info all in one place.

I do know when I was still there there were two (2) Be99 flights out of BUR that went to HWD. One departed at 2300 and another around 0030-0100 and one quick turned and the other day in HWD for about 2 hours. Those two separate flights only have about 5-7 hours of duty assigned to them per night. I'm pretty sure the HWD night schedules mask BURs.

Thanks for the info Freightdog. And also thanks for all that contributed to this question.

I am curious for two reasons. One, yes the jumpseats but not for me. It is for others I work with that may be interested. Moving from OAK to HWD though is a deal breaker for some. But likely not for all.

And two, I am involved in GA and since I am active on the forums I like to keep up with the industry for any aspiring pilots that I may have contact with. I think AMF is a great way to get some experience for younger pilots in their career path. Building TPIC time quickly certainly can give you an edge for some positions out there.

Thanks again everyone.

Jetlife 01-12-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1328710)
Doe AMF keep the airplane in SFO? Or does it get ferried from HWD?

Thanks.

I certainly am sorry to hear that they have been cutting back HWD. Same for the PA31?

The SFO-RNO 99 is ferried Tuesday morning, and stays there till Friday, then goes back to HWD for the weekend.

Yes the Chieftain runs are going away. The base manager does nothing to keep the base going.

ATOP40 01-12-2013 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1328766)
The SFO-RNO 99 is ferried Tuesday morning, and stays there till Friday, then goes back to HWD for the weekend.

Yes the Chieftain runs are going away. The base manager does nothing to keep the base going.

Oh no!!

Is there a time frame? With such little BE99 flying is it safe to assume the whole base will be on the way out?

I didn't know a base manager had that type of control. Yikes!

Also a little curious on how the company works out the schedule for the SFO flying. Is a HWD pilot responsible for getting to SFO everyday like the MHR flying?