Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Jetlife 01-12-2013 09:19 AM

That base has numbered days. Normally a base manager does not have that much control, if you get hired on you will understand exactly what I mean. He's the golden boy who can do whatever he wants and try away with it.

ATOP40 01-12-2013 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1328777)
That base has numbered days. Normally a base manager does not have that much control, if you get hired on you will understand exactly what I mean. He's the golden boy who can do whatever he wants and try away with it.

I would imagine the HWD base is not a happy place then. Build your time, keep your mouth shut, and get out?

If this guy kills the base, isn't he out of a job also?

SWAblue 01-12-2013 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1328780)
I would imagine the HWD base is not a happy place then. Build your time, keep your mouth shut, and get out?

And surrounded by some kiss a$$es. Which is always delightful.;)

Jetlife 01-12-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ATOP40 (Post 1328780)

If this guy kills the base, isn't he out of a job also?

Moral is low there from what I understand. I left right before the move. My guess is he's trying to kill the base right before he retires.

ATOP40 01-12-2013 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1328803)
Moral is low there from what I understand. I left right before the move. My guess is he's trying to kill the base right before he retires.

That is too bad. I have heard the company does realize that largely people are there for the short term. The pay isn't good at all so I would have hoped they would have treated people well. Sounds like HWD is possibly isolated in these regards.

I hope your move out was a move up.

Jetlife 01-12-2013 03:31 PM

There is very much a "revolving door" policy still live and well throughout the company but it is a fantastic experience. My move was absolutely a move up.

freightdog 01-12-2013 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1328954)
There is very much a "revolving door" policy still live and well throughout the company but it is a fantastic experience. My move was absolutely a move up.

Same here, my time at Ameriflight helped me get to Allegiant. Even when I'm flying the MD80 I know I'm going to miss flying the Metroliner.

ATOP40 01-12-2013 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1328954)

Good for you. Congratulations!

Jetlife 01-12-2013 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1328973)
Same here, my time at Ameriflight helped me get to Allegiant. Even when I'm flying the MD80 I know I'm going to miss flying the Metroliner.

Me too. I will cherish the flying I did. It was super fun. We all heard through the network about somebody getting hired at Allegiant, that must have been you. Congrats!

Companies that know what's going on, respect AMF pilots because they know they are fantastic pilots. I got hired onto my current gig because of it.

SWAblue 01-12-2013 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1329024)
Companies that know what's going on, respect AMF pilots because they know they are fantastic pilots. I got hired onto my current gig because of it.

What makes you guys fantastic pilots?