Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

AvPilot 04-19-2013 04:16 PM

How many hours a month can you usually expect to fly? Is everyday just two legs? Or are there some schedules with some flying in between on your sits?

frmrbuffdrvr 04-20-2013 06:04 AM


Originally Posted by AvPilot (Post 1394632)
How many hours a month can you usually expect to fly? Is everyday just two legs? Or are there some schedules with some flying in between on your sits?

It really depends on the run. There are still some bank runs on the west coast that have several legs per day. You can probably plan on an average of about 40 hours per month, though there are runs (like the E120 run out of the CVG base) where you actually have to take about a week off a month to keep from going over the monthly hour limits.

cws1028 04-20-2013 08:23 AM

Someone at my school said he was hired with just a phone interview, no face to face or anything. Is this the case right now?

thwhite2000 04-20-2013 10:35 AM


Originally Posted by cws1028 (Post 1395014)
Someone at my school said he was hired with just a phone interview, no face to face or anything. Is this the case right now?

Was your friend a former freight driver? Flown with someone on the inside? I just had the phone interview. Waiting to hear back for the tech/sim portion.

Scooter2525 04-20-2013 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by AvPilot (Post 1394632)
How many hours a month can you usually expect to fly? Is everyday just two legs? Or are there some schedules with some flying in between on your sits?

Where are you looking to get based?

grasshoppr 04-20-2013 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by cws1028 (Post 1395014)
Someone at my school said he was hired with just a phone interview, no face to face or anything. Is this the case right now?

I heard of a guy who did HR phone interview, then due to scheduling conflicts with him and amflight he did the second technical interview over the phone as well. No sim. Got the job.

ATOP40 04-21-2013 07:32 AM


Originally Posted by Scooter2525 (Post 1395166)
Where are you looking to get based?

I am interested in the 99 flying out of OAK/HWD.

How many hours a month do those BE99 pilots fly?

Also I know there is a line in Sacramento that flies out of MHR. How many hours a month does that pilot(s) fly?

Thanks for your answers!

frmrbuffdrvr 04-22-2013 03:49 PM


Originally Posted by cws1028 (Post 1395014)
Someone at my school said he was hired with just a phone interview, no face to face or anything. Is this the case right now?


Originally Posted by thwhite2000 (Post 1395073)
Was your friend a former freight driver? Flown with someone on the inside? I just had the phone interview. Waiting to hear back for the tech/sim portion.


Originally Posted by grasshoppr (Post 1395286)
I heard of a guy who did HR phone interview, then due to scheduling conflicts with him and amflight he did the second technical interview over the phone as well. No sim. Got the job.

This does happen on rare occasions. Most of the time though a face to face with a sim is prefered. If you can't get out to BUR, it can often be set up with an ACP at one of the bases.

KSCessnaDriver 04-22-2013 04:12 PM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1396259)
This does happen on rare occasions. Most of the time though a face to face with a sim is prefered. If you can't get out to BUR, it can often be set up with an ACP at one of the bases.

I went thru the process earlier this month and was straight up offered to interview at the base of my choice, no requirement to go to BUR at all.

WX Guru 04-24-2013 05:08 PM

What are the chanes of gettig based out of PHX with Ameriflight?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands