Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Cyborgmudhen 08-22-2013 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by SWAblue (Post 1467869)
Yes there are.

Also to mention the pool of military pilots that always exists.

True, but while we have glass experience, there are not as many of us as you may think AND we are not getting the hours we used to.

Jetlife 08-22-2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SWAblue (Post 1467869)
Yes there are.

Also to mention the pool of military pilots that always exists.

That too. I just don't see AMF pilots getting snatched up to modern major airlines until the tens of thousands of better qualified candidates are hired first. A pilot here, a pilot there to Allegiant, sure...

CptGSXR 08-22-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1467791)
Along with your E120 type, you would need a couple thousand hours time before you could bid into it. Seniority wise, it may only take a year or two to get into it, depending on runs and openings. I know we just lost one Bro captain from Miami a couple of days ago.

CVG has BE1900, SA227 and E120. SDF has the 1900 & 227s.

As for seniority, there have been times when we have actually had street hires go to CVG. But the latest bids were all filled internally. So while you probably wouldn't have much problem getting into the base, you likely will need to spend some time out west in either PA31s or BE99s and then bid in.

Thanks a lot, good info

Cyborgmudhen 08-26-2013 07:07 AM

Oddball question for the gallery:
The phone message description of the hiring process mentions the need for a single engine, land rating.
I'm not aware of AMF operating any SEL equipment.
I do not have SEL.
Is this a problem ?

frmrbuffdrvr 08-27-2013 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cyborgmudhen (Post 1470341)
Oddball question for the gallery:
The phone message description of the hiring process mentions the need for a single engine, land rating.
I'm not aware of AMF operating any SEL equipment.
I do not have SEL.
Is this a problem ?

True. We have no single engine airplanes anymore. I don't know for sure, but I would guess that is just a holdover from when we had PA32s, but those have been gone for 5 or 6 years. So no, I doubt it would be a problem.

SKNPilot 09-06-2013 08:40 PM

I currently have 800TT and was wondering what are my chances of getting on the EMB120 with Ameriflight. anyone here with current inside info that can help me out?

aTomatoFlames 09-06-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by SKNPilot (Post 1479125)
I currently have 800TT and was wondering what are my chances of getting on the EMB120 with Ameriflight. anyone here with current inside info that can help me out?

From what I have heard/seen they like hiring people who have 800tt. I would try and get in contact with them, just realize there aren't many positions available. Also if there is a way to personally get your resume to them I believe that helps the most. From what I have heard they are looking for EMB pilots not sure how many and not sure if they were filled. Be prepared to move where they need you.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-09-2013 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by SKNPilot (Post 1479125)

Originally Posted by aTomatoFlames (Post 1479161)
From what I have heard/seen they like hiring people who have 800tt. I would try and get in contact with them, just realize there aren't many positions available. Also if there is a way to personally get your resume to them I believe that helps the most. From what I have heard they are looking for EMB pilots not sure how many and not sure if they were filled. Be prepared to move where they need you.

TomatoFlames is right. 800TT is a good number for right seat in a Bro, provided a good bit of that is multi time. If you only have enough multi time to get the rating, it might be a little tough.

I don't know of specific openings right now because we are going through some shuffling with the 120s. But once that settles out I'm sure we will need people.

And the last statement TF said is correct. Be prepared to go anywhere if you are serious about going this route.

chritz1179 09-09-2013 07:18 AM

Does anyone know where their metros are based and are they 2 pilot crews?

KSCessnaDriver 09-09-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by chritz1179 (Post 1480442)
Does anyone know where their metros are based and are they 2 pilot crews?

I think there is probably at least one metro in almost all the bases. Single pilot.