Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 09-13-2013 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by chritz1179 (Post 1482073)
I have a SA227 SIC Type wonder if they hire direct to the metro?

We do if we can't fill a spot internally. Not likely to happen right now. But the way things have gone lately, if you have the hours you probably won't spend long in the BE99 before you get the chance to transition. And a good number of our new hires are starting out in the BE99 now instead of the PA31.

Originally Posted by chritz1179 (Post 1482243)
Metro is no joke it's a busy plane to try and handle single pilot dont think I'd want to do that.

I've been doing it now for almost 13 years. I tend to get confused if I DO have an FO. It's just how you are trained. I've never really known anything different in the tube. Now, I've had plenty of crew time in other airplanes (B-52, E-120.)

ebl14 09-13-2013 03:06 PM

Gentleman, I have a couple questions for you. (sorry in advance if they have been previously covered)

1. What determines which A/C you get assigned as a new hire?
2. Where are the junior bases?
3. What are the chances of getting into one of the turbine aircraft right off the bat?
4. When you are hired do you know which aircraft your are being hired into or do they tell you at a later date? (ex. after class starts)

eman 09-13-2013 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ebl14 (Post 1483632)
Gentleman, I have a couple questions for you. (sorry in advance if they have been previously covered)

1. What determines which A/C you get assigned as a new hire?

2. Where are the junior bases?

3. What are the chances of getting into one of the turbine aircraft right off the bat?
4. When you are hired do you know which aircraft your are being hired into or do they tell you at a later date? (ex. after class starts)

1.your multiengine pic time, turboprop time
2.probably the west coast (California), dont count on Seattle or Miami, some guys are sent to cincinnati
3.depends on your turbine pic time and how convincing you are. I had about 70hrs turboprop and kept bugging for a metro spot and got it off the street. Probably will start in the B99 and people move up fast around here
4.youll know what you're going to be prepping for before class date, they'll have to send you the material to prep

ebl14 09-13-2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1483635)
1.your multiengine pic time, turboprop time
2.probably the west coast (California), dont count on Seattle or Miami, some guys are sent to cincinnati
3.depends on your turbine pic time and how convincing you are. I had about 70hrs turboprop and kept bugging for a metro spot and got it off the street. Probably will start in the B99 and people move up fast around here
4.youll know what you're going to be prepping for before class date, they'll have to send you the material to prep

Thanks for your reply. Which aircraft and base averages the most hours per month. Any what are my chances of getting those bases with 5000TT, most of it turbofan 121 SIC, and no Turbine PIC.

undflyboy06 09-13-2013 05:20 PM

I'm sure things have changed since I left, but back in 09 I went to PDX in the Chieftain. That's where most new hires were sent and had descent flight time runs. I was averaging around 80 hours a month on the longer routes.

I'm sure things have changed since AMF has an extremely high attrition rate right now.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-14-2013 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by ebl14 (Post 1483647)
Thanks for your reply. Which aircraft and base averages the most hours per month. Any what are my chances of getting those bases with 5000TT, most of it turbofan 121 SIC, and no Turbine PIC.

Miami has some high time runs. The highest time run we have in Texas is about 65 hours/month.

I think it is more individual runs than bases.

Jetlife 09-14-2013 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 1483721)
I'm sure things have changed since I left, but back in 09 I went to PDX in the Chieftain. That's where most new hires were sent and had descent flight time runs. I was averaging around 80 hours a month on the longer routes.

I'm sure things have changed since AMF has an extremely high attrition rate right now.

Sounds like a couple of bases did end up furloughing PA31 drivers. That side of the house seems to nearing its end.

DirectTo 09-14-2013 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1483606)
We do if we can't fill a spot internally. Not likely to happen right now.

A guy I went to college with (Caravan driver) just turned down a direct entry Metro spot with several base choices.

9kBud 09-14-2013 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1483923)
Sounds like a couple of bases did end up furloughing PA31 drivers. That side of the house seems to nearing its end.

Strange, I have a friend in new-hire going into the PA31.

KSCessnaDriver 09-14-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 9kBud (Post 1484074)
Strange, I have a friend in new-hire going into the PA31.

There are some bases that are short on PA-31 guys too. I think it came down to people who lived in base before getting hired and didn't want to upgrade out of the base, may have got furloughed.