Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Pilotandrew 09-25-2013 06:01 PM

I'm starting training the 14th of October straight into the 99... anything you guys think I should focus on studying before I get there... or what to expect?

Thanks!

Jetlife 09-25-2013 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by pilotandrew (Post 1490696)
i'm starting training the 14th of october straight into the 99... Anything you guys think i should focus on studying before i get there... Or what to expect?

Thanks!

flows flows flows

freightdog 09-26-2013 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1490698)
flows flows flows

limitations too, but yes, what Jetlife said, flows flows flows

Phxdvt17 10-03-2013 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1490914)

I've had two buddies who I used to flight instruct with who couldn't stress enough about the flows. One of them just upgraded to the 99 last month and said the sims are so task packed that if you at least don't have a rote knowledge before you get there then you won't survive. I also have a friend I worked at Boeing with who was the chief pilot at their PDX base who said the same thing.

I'm also starting at AMF on Nov 11th and directly into the 99. Does anyone know what model sim they have at BUR? A "B" or "C"? I think there are just enough differences between the two that knowing that info could help.

freightdog 10-04-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1490914)

I've had two buddies who I used to flight instruct with who couldn't stress enough about the flows. One of them just upgraded to the 99 last month and said the sims are so task packed that if you at least don't have a rote knowledge before you get there then you won't survive. I also have a friend I worked at Boeing with who was the chief pilot at their PDX base who said the same thing.

I'm also starting at AMF on Nov 11th and directly into the 99. Does anyone know what model sim they have at BUR? A "B" or "C"? I think there are just enough differences between the two that knowing that info could help.
The cockpit trainer is modeled after a "C" model 99.

ContactApproach 10-04-2013 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 1123020)
^^^THIS, and this is coming from a guy who has literally done it all in aviation. Enjoy your retirement John, you will be missed around here.

Well Said-

Snatch 10-08-2013 07:08 AM

Are they still using that classic 99 systems video? Someone needs to upload that onto YouTube.

own nav 10-08-2013 11:54 AM

VHS is replaced by powerpoint these days. Makes me feel like an old timer when I talk about those videos, or even Bob's indoc for that matter.

One of my favorite lines from the video:
"Before you start a PT6 engine, clear your mind of all evil thoughts..."

jonnyjetprop 10-08-2013 02:39 PM

I remember JH teaching the two day weekend ground school on the -99 in BUR.

freightdog 10-08-2013 02:44 PM

VHS is replaced by powerpoint these days. Makes me feel like an old timer when I talk about those videos, or even Bob's indoc for that matter.

One of my favorite lines from the video:
"Before you start a PT6 engine, clear your mind of all evil thoughts..."
Or..

"If you decide to put the power levers in reverse in flight, it's like putting a gun between your legs and pulling the trigger"