Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

8ballfreight 11-25-2013 11:12 PM

I hope you get hired!

Cubdriver 11-26-2013 05:27 AM

[mod note]

Thread was merged from post 1670 to here.

Pilotandrew 11-26-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1528225)
Ok so i know there are a lot of ameriflight posts but they are pretty much old so i thought i'd start a new one with more up to date info...

I really have high interest in applying for AMF for the Turbine PIC experience and also because, it seems like a fun and good place to be.

What i'd like to know is:

1. I live in nebraska and I absolutely hate the winters here. I'm originally from vegas but AMF doesn't have any bases in vegas but i'd like to return to the west coast. If i apply, which west coast base would i most likely be going?

2. Also, i currently have about 200 hours in a King Air so what are my chances of jumping straight into a turbine? (based anywhere in the west coast). Or which west coast base will put me in a turbine quicker??

3. It would be fun to eventually get a chance to fly the metro. Which west coast base has the quickest transition to the metro?

Thanks in advance.

It's possible that you could be hired straight into the 99… I was with only 20 hours turbine, but 650 multi however. The bases for the 99 you would likely be sent to are Dallas, Omaha, Phoenix, or Buffalo. I just got hired into the Omaha base and am getting used to the winters as well… Upgrade time hasn't been bad from what I'm hearing. 6 months to a year for most from the 99 to the 1900, or the metro.

Good luck, and hope to see you jump on ship!

DaCat1989 11-26-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pilotandrew (Post 1528633)
It's possible that you could be hired straight into the 99… I was with only 20 hours turbine, but 650 multi however. The bases for the 99 you would likely be sent to are Dallas, Omaha, Phoenix, or Buffalo. I just got hired into the Omaha base and am getting used to the winters as well… Upgrade time hasn't been bad from what I'm hearing. 6 months to a year for most from the 99 to the 1900, or the metro.

Good luck, and hope to see you jump on ship!

Hey pilotandrew, yea it's what I hear about flying the 99 after 6 months with AMF. I would just love to jump straight into a turbine but if I have to wait then i will. Also to be honest, I wouldn't mind a Phoenix base. Actually, not even Dallas but as soon as I hit 1200, I'm applying

Thanks for the info

frmrbuffdrvr 11-27-2013 04:20 AM

DaCat, about half of our new hires are going direct to the BE99 these days. I'm not going to say that your King Air time will guarantee you will skip the PA31, but it will definitely help.

Pilotandrew is pretty close on the upgrade estimate. I have seen several folks lately who started in the 99 who were in metros or 1900s before the end of their first year.

DaCat1989 11-27-2013 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1528969)
DaCat, about half of our new hires are going direct to the BE99 these days. I'm not going to say that your King Air time will guarantee you will skip the PA31, but it will definitely help.

Pilotandrew is pretty close on the upgrade estimate. I have seen several folks lately who started in the 99 who were in metros or 1900s before the end of their first year.

That would be legit to get in a metro or 1900 before the end of my first year at amf. Like I said though, i'm only at 1000tt working for a company that flies about 200 hours a YEAR. I don't want to wait that long but i don't have a choice. Really sucks!

Should I apply at AMF and just keep updating my res to show my interest?

TMoney 12-05-2013 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1529304)
That would be legit to get in a metro or 1900 before the end of my first year at amf. Like I said though, i'm only at 1000tt working for a company that flies about 200 hours a YEAR. I don't want to wait that long but i don't have a choice. Really sucks!

Should I apply at AMF and just keep updating my res to show my interest?

Someone else can answer better than I can (been gone for a while) but if you get hired into the BRO right seat you may be able to build time faster and have an easier time getting to the 99. Can anyone else at AMF comment on that?

own nav 12-05-2013 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by TMoney (Post 1533734)
Someone else can answer better than I can (been gone for a while) but if you get hired into the BRO right seat you may be able to build time faster and have an easier time getting to the 99. Can anyone else at AMF comment on that?

Yup, I've seen it a couple times where guys go straight from the EMB right seat to the BE99 in SLC, and then a few months later they were on their way to another base for a type rating. It also seemed to work out fairly well on the seniority side of things where everything is based on your date of hire regardless of what you're flying.

props4ever 12-05-2013 05:28 PM

Cant wait till ypu guys run Key Slime Scare out of Denver

DaCat1989 12-05-2013 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by props4ever (Post 1534035)
Cant wait till ypu guys run Key Slime Scare out of Denver

why do you say that?