Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

DaCat1989 12-05-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1533759)
Yup, I've seen it a couple times where guys go straight from the EMB right seat to the BE99 in SLC, and then a few months later they were on their way to another base for a type rating. It also seemed to work out fairly well on the seniority side of things where everything is based on your date of hire regardless of what you're flying.

What do FO's make at AMF? Is it livable? I think i'm better off just waiting till i hit 1200 so i can go straight into the left seat. Thats if i get the job of course...

Aviator89 12-06-2013 01:51 PM

Whats the chance of a new hire being able to get their desired base? I have family that live 3 miles from KOMA. Would be great to not have to pay much rent. I am just shy of 1200 but will apply soon for the PA31/BE99.
Also, iv looked at the route map what kind of hours do KOMA guys average a week? Seems like shorter routes...

frmrbuffdrvr 12-07-2013 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1534120)
What do FO's make at AMF? Is it livable? I think i'm better off just waiting till i hit 1200 so i can go straight into the left seat. Thats if i get the job of course...

Bro FOs make $23670/yr. You can also plan to be in the 120 for one year, even if you go over 1200 hours during that time.

Originally Posted by Aviator89 (Post 1534527)
Whats the chance of a new hire being able to get their desired base? I have family that live 3 miles from KOMA. Would be great to not have to pay much rent. I am just shy of 1200 but will apply soon for the PA31/BE99.
Also, iv looked at the route map what kind of hours do KOMA guys average a week? Seems like shorter routes...

If you get direct into the 99 I would think you have a real good shot at OMA if you want it. I don't know how many of their runs are OMA based and how many are out stationed. A lot of UPS runs are domiciled away from the main base because they start and end the week at the out station. I can't speak to the specific run information since I have never flown up there.

TMoney 12-07-2013 07:22 AM

The 4 runs are all outstation based. You will have to live in EAR, GRI, HSI, or Broken Bow (BBW?). At least that's the way it was back when I was there a few years ago. Take a look at flight aware to get an idea of the specific times for the runs but essentially you fly into the hub in the evening, rest for a few hours through the night in a crew apartment, then fly back out to your outstation home in the morning. GRI is the only one that was mon night to fri morning. The other three are mon night to sat morning. Great flying experience learning how to deal with cold wx ops in the winter and some crazy storms in the summer. Definitely makes you a better pilot. The mx operation was good out there as well.

Aviator89 12-07-2013 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by TMoney (Post 1534931)
The 4 runs are all outstation based. You will have to live in EAR, GRI, HSI, or Broken Bow (BBW?). At least that's the way it was back when I was there a few years ago. Take a look at flight aware to get an idea of the specific times for the runs but essentially you fly into the hub in the evening, rest for a few hours through the night in a crew apartment, then fly back out to your outstation home in the morning. GRI is the only one that was mon night to fri morning. The other three are mon night to sat morning. Great flying experience learning how to deal with cold wx ops in the winter and some crazy storms in the summer. Definitely makes you a better pilot. The mx operation was good out there as well.

Okay, I have flown in that area alot before. And some guys I have talked to that flew into oneil stay in a hotel there during the day than fly to Omaha I believe. So i assumed that was their base/home.

Pilotandrew 12-07-2013 04:10 PM

I'm OMA based right now… flying the HSI run. We average anywhere from 10 (GRI) to 18-20 (BBW) hours a week. Monday PM to Sat AM. Its not a bad base if your used to the weather! Shoot me a message with any questions!

New Guy 007 12-08-2013 06:21 PM

Hey everyone, anyone have any info on the atl. or eastern u.s. bases. I live just south of atl.

polymox 12-09-2013 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 (Post 1535858)
Hey everyone, anyone have any info on the atl. or eastern u.s. bases. I live just south of atl.

Your closest is MIA, which is all type rated airplanes, so you're unlikely to go straight there without previous turbine time and an opening. Same story in CVG. DFW opens to newbies sometimes.

own nav 12-09-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1534120)

First year pay for chieftain or 99 is 28,000, compare that with what buff said for the EMB FO. Again the big advantage to the FO route is that your seniority number will be better. BTW, the payscale for everything else is under airline profiles, top of your screen.

The other consideration is that there are far fewer openings for the EMB FO spot than for the PA31 and BE99 captains.

Cyborgmudhen 12-10-2013 05:34 PM

Anyone know if the Bro FO position currently being advertised BUR based ?

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1536187)
First year pay for chieftain or 99 is 28,000, compare that with what buff said for the EMB FO. Again the big advantage to the FO route is that your seniority number will be better. BTW, the payscale for everything else is under airline profiles, top of your screen.

The other consideration is that there are far fewer openings for the EMB FO spot than for the PA31 and BE99 captains.