Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

aTomatoFlames 12-10-2013 06:37 PM

EMB-120 Bases: Seattle, Cincinnati, Miami, Borinquen, Phoenix. Unless AMF was awarded a new contract I doubt there being a BUR base.

New Guy 007 12-13-2013 08:48 AM

Hey guy's, hope everyone out there is having a good week, quick question for amf folks, does your company pretty much shy away from pilots that have tons of time or do prefer the lower time people. Are they having issues with people applying, they seem to posting adds on Climb to 350 weekly. Any reply would be helpful. Have a great weekend! Fly safe.

DaCat1989 12-15-2013 07:09 PM

Anyone know what the possibilities are to getting based at either Phoenix or Salt Lake City??

tlewis95 12-16-2013 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 (Post 1540599)
Anyone know what the possibilities are to getting based at either Phoenix or Salt Lake City??

Quite a few people were hired straight into PHX on the 99 lately and occasionally someone will luck out and go straight into SLC as well.

SWAblue 01-13-2014 04:42 PM

Hi guys,

Just curious, how many hours do pilots average per month on the 99 in Hayward or Mather.

Thanks in advance.

colonials13 01-14-2014 07:09 AM

Hey guys. From previous posts, I am kinda understanding the runs AMF pilots make, but how much time away from home are we talking per week?

aTomatoFlames 01-14-2014 11:22 AM

Depending on the run expect to be away from from home 12hrs a day M-F. Currently I wake up in the morning fly to my destination and hangout for 4-6 hours and fly back. My days are about 11hrs from when I leave home and get back to it. Though, there are a few runs where you may be away from home all week.

colonials13 01-14-2014 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by aTomatoFlames (Post 1558943)
Depending on the run expect to be away from from home 12hrs a day M-F. Currently I wake up in the morning fly to my destination and hangout for 4-6 hours and fly back. My days are about 11hrs from when I leave home and get back to it. Though, there are a few runs where you may be away from home all week.

Thanks aTomatoFlames! Are those away-from-home-all-week runs more the exception than the rule? Basically what I'm trying to gauge is, would u say u have a good QOL?

frmrbuffdrvr 01-14-2014 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by aTomatoFlames (Post 1558943)

Originally Posted by colonials13 (Post 1559027)
Thanks aTomatoFlames! Are those away-from-home-all-week runs more the exception than the rule? Basically what I'm trying to gauge is, would u say u have a good QOL?

A big part of that depends on where your home is. Most small package runs (UPS particularly but some DHL as well) are out stationed. In other words, the run starts and ends the week away from the base. Example; your out station is San Angelo, TX. On Monday evening you show up at the airport and fly freight into San Antonio. You spend the night at the layover apartment and show back up at the airport to take freight back out in the morning. Repeat the cycle through either Friday or Saturday morning. So if you actually move to the outstation (which is preferred by the company) then you are actually off at home every day.

frmrbuffdrvr 01-14-2014 02:04 PM

I just heard some interesting news. AMF is looking to offer a "signing bonus" for folks coming here with previous 135 experience with a higher bonus if you are already typed in one of our aircraft (SA227/BE1900.)