Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 04-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
Is this only if you interview at the job fair or is the sim eval done away with all together?
Only at the job fair. They don't have a sim to bring to the open house and they want to be able to offer class dates.

BTW, we are also going to two indoc classes per month.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by fratedog View Post
.....And thats why I left the cockpit forever
That doesn't just pertain to flying. I've seen that on just about every job I have had.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Pilotandrew View Post
$7,500 signing bonus?!
Originally Posted by own nav View Post
I don't think the word "signing" was on the ad.

Here's my math, you get the 2000 as a type rated captain, and the 10 percent bonus at the end of your first year. Refer a friend, and get another bonus.

If there's anything else that helps you get to that 7500 figure, I'd be interested to know.
Yeah, I'm not sure how they get to $7500 either. But the flyer say "Employment Bonuses", not signing.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: Professional gear swinger.

I was just offered a class date. Beech 99 out of BUR. The way i was told it works is I will get 1000$ after my check ride and another 500$ after 6 months.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Hawaiiavi8er View Post
I was just offered a class date. Beech 99 out of BUR. The way i was told it works is I will get 1000$ after my check ride and another 500$ after 6 months.
I'm guessing you already have 135 experience?
Old 05-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: in the groove

Can someone share the details of the training contract if there is one, and if it is enforced?
Old 05-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: Professional gear swinger.

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I'm guessing you already have 135 experience?
Yes i Do. I previously flew Vans.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
Can someone share the details of the training contract if there is one, and if it is enforced?
Unless things have changed. One year contract to start, 6 month contract for the BE99 upgrade, and 1 year for each of the type rated planes starting the day you pass your checkride. The turbine training contracts have a dollar amount attached, and state that you are liable for that amount prorated for the amount of time left on the contract.

I'm sure most people will tell you "there's no way to enforce it." But at the very least I'm sure you'll get a "not eligible for rehire" on your PRIA which will show up for the next 5 years.

On the other hand, if you can put in two years, it's entirely possible you could have an ATP, type rating, 1000 turbine PIC, dual qualified in two turbine aircraft and a letter of recommendation from your ACP and or training captains. That shiny jet regional will still be there, and if it's looking like you're going to be in the right seat for 8 years, you'll be in a better position to move on to something better. Just a thought.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Unless things have changed. One year contract to start, 6 month contract for the BE99 upgrade, and 1 year for each of the type rated planes starting the day you pass your checkride. The turbine training contracts have a dollar amount attached, and state that you are liable for that amount prorated for the amount of time left on the contract.

I'm sure most people will tell you "there's no way to enforce it." But at the very least I'm sure you'll get a "not eligible for rehire" on your PRIA which will show up for the next 5 years.

On the other hand, if you can put in two years, it's entirely possible you could have an ATP, type rating, 1000 turbine PIC, dual qualified in two turbine aircraft and a letter of recommendation from your ACP and or training captains. That shiny jet regional will still be there, and if it's looking like you're going to be in the right seat for 8 years, you'll be in a better position to move on to something better. Just a thought.
Or you can go strait to the regionals and be 2 years higher in seniority...
Old 05-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

It is a year for all airframes now. Not eligible for rehire at ameriflight or anywhere? Because if its at ameriflight then so what.