Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
It is a year for all airframes now. Not eligible for rehire at ameriflight or anywhere? Because if its at ameriflight then so what.
AMF thinks they can ruin your career if you sneeze, or do anything else they don't like. The reality is they have zero control, and everyone I saw canned from AMF got way better jobs. AMF will have you as not eligible for rehire because you left under a training contract, if the company you're going to already hired you, then it is moot.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Lear 55 CA

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Unless things have changed. One year contract to start, 6 month contract for the BE99 upgrade, and 1 year for each of the type rated planes starting the day you pass your checkride. The turbine training contracts have a dollar amount attached, and state that you are liable for that amount prorated for the amount of time left on the contract.

I'm sure most people will tell you "there's no way to enforce it." But at the very least I'm sure you'll get a "not eligible for rehire" on your PRIA which will show up for the next 5 years.

On the other hand, if you can put in two years, it's entirely possible you could have an ATP, type rating, 1000 turbine PIC, dual qualified in two turbine aircraft and a letter of recommendation from your ACP and or training captains. That shiny jet regional will still be there, and if it's looking like you're going to be in the right seat for 8 years, you'll be in a better position to move on to something better. Just a thought.
Companies are not allowed to put "not elegible for rehire" on your PRIA. It is illegal and you can sue them for defamation if they dont take it off if you ask them to do so.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

When I was at AMF they were not desperately understaffed, but I would not count on making 1000TPIC in two years there. Some runs are pretty low time, and we also occasionally sat reserve. Just an FYI.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Seat 0B

Originally Posted by ImperialxRat View Post
When I was at AMF they were not desperately understaffed, but I would not count on making 1000TPIC in two years there. Some runs are pretty low time, and we also occasionally sat reserve. Just an FYI.
Depends on where you are based. Some midwest and east coast bases, especially CVG will get you in no time. Hard flying, but worth it to get the 1000TPIC.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: CJ4 manager/pilot

Originally Posted by wmuflyboy View Post
Companies are not allowed to put "not elegible for rehire" on your PRIA. It is illegal and you can sue them for defamation if they dont take it off if you ask them to do so.
Do you have a source for this?

I think the primary issue would be that many companies have forms you fill out as a new pilot they then send off for PRIA and background info. I've dealt with Results, Inc before and the information they sent off with the PRIA request included basic job info (dates, pay rates, rehirability). Since the pilot has seen and signed these forms before they're sent off, they could argue you consented to this info coming out.

Now...whether the company chooses to fill that info out when they return the sheet is another issue. I wouldn't.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Lear 55 CA

Originally Posted by wmuflyboy View Post
Do you have a source for this?

I think the primary issue would be that many companies have forms you fill out as a new pilot they then send off for PRIA and background info. I've dealt with Results, Inc before and the information they sent off with the PRIA request included basic job info (dates, pay rates, rehirability). Since the pilot has seen and signed these forms before they're sent off, they could argue you consented to this info coming out.

Now...whether the company chooses to fill that info out when they return the sheet is another issue. I wouldn't.
Yes. My source is a ruling in my favor in the court of law for this exact thing. It was determined to be illegal. It is defamatory and retalitory and has nothing to do with what the PRIA is used for.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

I did it in under 2 years.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012

In Miami base I did 950 hours in 13months. We had long runs and overtime came about 1 time in the year. It's possible depending on the base
Old 05-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 6Legs12hrsMinRest
Default PDX Routes

Can anyone tell me about the PDX routes? I stop flying for a few years ago am able to start again soon. I am thinking of about Ameriflight, TT 2700+ Multi 1200+ pervious 135 freight exp
Old 05-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Falcon 900B

Anyone go to their open house last week? Anything to report? I just saw they have a banner ad up for another open house at the end of the month.