Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 05-16-2014 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by kimba (Post 1644045)
Agree, a two pilot crew is always safer than a single pilot one.

Not always. If the two can't work together (we had an E120 crew like that once) then it is even more dangerous.

CaseTractor 05-16-2014 05:34 AM

Maybe too soon to tell, but are there any insider thoughts?

Will the HQ move to DFW change the routes any? Less flying out west and more out of dallas or along the Mississippi?

frmrbuffdrvr 05-16-2014 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by CaseTractor (Post 1644314)
Maybe too soon to tell, but are there any insider thoughts?

Will the HQ move to DFW change the routes any? Less flying out west and more out of dallas or along the Mississippi?

The move won't directly affect any of the routes. It is more about operations and business reasons.

Now if having the corporate presence does anything to get us more runs out of DFW and Texas in general, then.....

The big thing we are being told is that all of the changes going on are about the new owner's plans for growth of the company.

fratedog 05-16-2014 05:42 AM

He means multi-crew pilot license. Google that and you will see MPL

brianb 05-16-2014 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 1644284)
You should google MPL. You would seem to be a good voice for its implementation

Guess that would be a positive then. They always said we would learn to operate as a team!

My personal curiosity is wondering what I have said in this thread (or any other information available on the forum about my background) that makes you think I am at AMF.

You got the mentality man, you got the mentality.:D

frmrbuffdrvr 05-16-2014 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by fratedog (Post 1644319)
He means multi-crew pilot license. Google that and you will see MPL

DANG!!! So you can never fly a plane by yourself?? Where's the fun in that?

That's a systems manager, not a pilot.

USMCFLYR 05-16-2014 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1644296)
I was wondering what it was as well. I did a google search and got links about programming languages and marine (underwater, not USMC) studies and even the Milwaukee Public Library. But nothing that seemed related to aviation.

Here are a few links:

IATA - Multi-Crew Pilot License Training

Pilot licensing and certification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Multi-crew Pilots License (MPL) | FTEJerez

Most see it as yet another threat to the professional pilot (especially airline pilots).
You can also search within APC for MPL used in posts and come up with plenty of reading.

Jetlife 05-16-2014 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1644338)

That's a systems manager, not a pilot.

Welcome to the modern world of air transport. You wan't to be a pilot, go fly a Cub on the weekends...

kimba 05-16-2014 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 1644298)
Not always. If the two can't work together (we had an E120 crew like that once) then it is even more dangerous.

Of course not always, but generally speaking yes.
Otherwise why the majority or part 121, part 135, corporate, some aerial photography company, etc... work with two pilots?
Why paying two pilots if one pilot can be enough?
Of course two bad pilots together make only the situation worst, but they were not suppose to be there in first place!

kimba 05-16-2014 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 1644284)
You should google MPL. You would seem to be a good voice for its implementation

Guess that would be a positive then. They always said we would learn to operate as a team!

My personal curiosity is wondering what I have said in this thread (or any other information available on the forum about my background) that makes you think I am at AMF.

So if you have never been at AMF, how to do know all this things.
When you talk it sounds like you have been there.
In this forum i've reported only my personal experience and the one of people that were with me.
MCL? Why not?
Does any one know if the three sisters (FedEX, UPS, DHL) fly single pilot or multi crew? And do you think they do that?