Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 05-19-2014 01:15 AM


Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 1646421)
Did you mean normally [not] a pilot?

Of the **older** F/A-18s - only the USMC 'D' model has two aircrew - one pilot, one Weapons Systems Operator (WSO) - like the F-15Es.
Of the *newer* variants, the F/A-18Fs (replacing the F-14s) has a WSO too, instead of the F-14 RIO.

Now...back to AMF....:)

I just said that because I know of pilots who have been qualified to do either.

Your point is the same as mine. The fighter world has been single pilot from day one and the newer aircraft being single pilot doesn't signify a change in that.

own nav 05-19-2014 06:56 AM


Originally Posted by Beech90 (Post 1646331)
Anyone know the possibility of doing a base transfer. I.E OMA- SLC while staying in current equipment? New hires are going into into SLC, so I couldn't imagine it would be a issue to "trade" me into SLC, while a new hire into OMA.

Thoughts?

SLC doesn't have cheiftains. The BE99 is the smallest type in SLC. Junior guys in the Metro have been here just over a year.

KSCessnaDriver 05-19-2014 09:16 AM


Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1646607)
SLC doesn't have cheiftains. The BE99 is the smallest type in SLC. Junior guys in the Metro have been here just over a year.

That hasn't stopped the company from sending new hires straight to SLC.

Beech90 05-19-2014 09:23 AM

I'm not in the chieftain, I'm in the 99. And yes, new hires are going into SLC for some reason.

own nav 05-19-2014 10:09 AM


Originally Posted by Beech90 (Post 1646712)
I'm not in the chieftain, I'm in the 99. And yes, new hires are going into SLC for some reason.

That's what I figured, and yes we've had some go straight to SLC, so I don't see what the hold up would be in having you transfer here.

Phxdvt17 05-19-2014 02:58 PM


Originally Posted by Beech90 (Post 1646712)
I'm not in the chieftain, I'm in the 99. And yes, new hires are going into SLC for some reason.

I went direct to SLC. Recently transferred out (personal reasons, out of the 4 bases I've been to in the system it's by far the best). Right now the ball is in your court. You have the demand and they don't have the supply.

Jvw700 05-19-2014 05:05 PM

Hey guys I'm lookin at getting out of my dead end regional job and possibly into Ameriflight. Looking to get to Slc on the beach 99 or metro... Anyone care to share their experience with the company, training, and typical schedule? Thanks.

own nav 05-20-2014 08:09 AM


Originally Posted by Jvw700 (Post 1647019)
Hey guys I'm lookin at getting out of my dead end regional job and possibly into Ameriflight. Looking to get to Slc on the beach 99 or metro... Anyone care to share their experience with the company, training, and typical schedule? Thanks.

Typical BE99 schedule in SLC is 4 weekdays and a Saturday. Likely, one day will be AM reserve (cover sick calls, special flights, etc. still get paid for a full day).

Weekdays, show at 5 or 530AM, all day layover, return to SLC just after 7PM. Saturdays, show at 7 or 730AM, get home between 11AM and 5PM depending on the run. Exact details can be found on amfpilots.com, no login needed to look at the schedule.

Most days will get 2 to 4 hours flight time depending on the run.

My experience is that every base is different. SLC had an awesome ACP a few years ago who changed a few key things to make a big difference, and the following ACP's have kept things rolling.

Jetlife 05-20-2014 08:14 AM


Originally Posted by Jvw700 (Post 1647019)
Hey guys I'm lookin at getting out of my dead end regional job and possibly into Ameriflight. Looking to get to Slc on the beach 99 or metro... Anyone care to share their experience with the company, training, and typical schedule? Thanks.

Dude why take a paycut to get more SIC time with a worse schedule?

Pilotandrew 05-20-2014 08:24 AM


Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1647438)
Dude why take a paycut to get more SIC time with a worse schedule?

I think you meant turbine PIC with a (debatable) better schedule?:)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:58 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands