Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Jetlife 05-20-2014 08:33 AM

You know what I read SlC as sic, not SLC. My bad.

Beech90 05-20-2014 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jvw700 (Post 1647019)
Hey guys I'm lookin at getting out of my dead end regional job and possibly into Ameriflight. Looking to get to Slc on the beach 99 or metro... Anyone care to share their experience with the company, training, and typical schedule? Thanks.

Don't. You're better off at a regional.

Apparently they aren't willing to trade me out of one junior base into another junior base (where new hires are going) while staying the 99. Either I upgrade, or wait until a bid comes out. Makes total sense.

Pilotandrew 05-20-2014 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Beech90 (Post 1647706)

Apparently they aren't willing to trade me out of one junior base into another junior base (where new hires are going) while staying the 99. Either I upgrade, or wait until a bid comes out. Makes total sense.

Did you put in a standing bid? Or they say no all together?

Phxdvt17 05-20-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Beech90 (Post 1647706)

You must not be working hard enough at it. Generally SLC is pretty senior, though between upgrades on the metro side and a couple other 99 guys leaving they have the need for 99 guys there, that's why your seeing all these new hires go there. Seriously push it, it will happen.

If you want an upgrade in SLC you'll never see a bid on it. Most upgrades there are in house.

Jetlife 05-21-2014 03:12 AM

I could see the company not moving guys out of crappy outstations to more desirable places because it is much easier to fill SLC, than to find somebody willing to take Lubbock or some other horrible outstation run.

Jetlife 05-21-2014 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pilotandrew (Post 1647447)
I think you meant turbine PIC with a (debatable) better schedule?:)

Oh and there is no debate, you won't have a better schedule at AMF lol. And no I don't work at a regional.

Pilotandrew 05-21-2014 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1647983)
Oh and there is no debate, you won't have a better schedule at AMF lol. And no I don't work at a regional.

Hahaha, I meant that with a grain of salt.. It's nice knowing my set days off every week.

Jetlife 05-21-2014 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pilotandrew (Post 1648099)
Hahaha, I meant that with a grain of salt.. It's nice knowing my set days off every week.

You know your set days off on an airline rotation too...

Brazilian 05-21-2014 09:53 PM

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me answer some questions. I was looking at amfpilots.com to try to figure out the schedule for pilots whose base is in Plattsburgh NY. It seems that you have two schedules: 1) fly in the morning, layover somewhere during the day, fly back early evening; 2) fly in the evening, layover and sleep somewhere, fly back to Plattsburgh the next morning. Did I understand that correct? Also, do you fly six days a week? On a different subject , it appears that they only have the BE99 in PBG, is that correct? Finally, I would like to hear from someone who is, or has worked in PBG, how is life over there? I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Please feel free to PM if you don't feel comfortable posting your reply here.

Once again, thank you in advance for any help.

Phxdvt17 05-22-2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Brazilian (Post 1648839)
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me answer some questions. I was looking at amfpilots.com to try to figure out the schedule for pilots whose base is in Plattsburgh NY. It seems that you have two schedules: 1) fly in the morning, layover somewhere during the day, fly back early evening; 2) fly in the evening, layover and sleep somewhere, fly back to Plattsburgh the next morning. Did I understand that correct? Also, do you fly six days a week? On a different subject , it appears that they only have the BE99 in PBG, is that correct? Finally, I would like to hear from someone who is, or has worked in PBG, how is life over there? I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Please feel free to PM if you don't feel comfortable posting your reply here.

Once again, thank you in advance for any help.

PBG is an outstation run from BUF. I was never in PBG however, I went TDY to BUF and was in 99 class with the guy flying that run. He liked the time you blocked (blocking a little over 3.0 a day), and said the town was pretty small, roughly 25k people. In the PM you'll fly to BUF, sleep at the crew appartment there, then fly back to PBG in the AM. Overall he said that he enjoyed it.