Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

KSCessnaDriver 06-03-2014 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by kimba (Post 1657743)
That's great for the senior guys, generally you start as a reserve.

I have held a line from day 1. In fact, the only places I can think of that you know you're going to be on reserve from day 1, are these 121 carriers you so highly speak of.

Gjn290 06-03-2014 07:45 PM

Kimba, please stop. You're coming off as a fool. You act like you know exactly what you're talking about yet people continue to prove you wrong. Know when to give up.

By the way, what regional did you go to?

KSCessnaDriver 06-03-2014 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gjn290 (Post 1657759)
Kimba, please stop. You're coming off as a fool. You act like you know exactly what you're talking about yet people continue to prove you wrong. Know when to give up.

I want to know what base he was at, in his short time with AMF

DasSchwerin 06-03-2014 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by kimba (Post 1657746)
Any company pays or should pay TDY when they need you to do something but regionals also pay per diem.
The fact that you are getting TDY, hotel and rent a car is not exactly anything special.

If flying with an FO is such a great experience, what happens to all the good about single pilot turbine PIC?

Kimba you said Ameriflight doesn't pay per diem. They do anytime your away from base "which I have been quite a lot lately". The point is, contrary to what you have posted, this company takes care of you. At least from my perspective and some of my friends who work here also. You were belittling Ameriflight's single pilot experience in earlier posts so I simply stated that I've also had an FO half the time so I've been getting experience with both. It's a mixture depending on what run you have.

kimba 06-03-2014 08:19 PM

No I haven't been fire!

Originally Posted by Gjn290 (Post 1657689)
There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. You continuously rant on and on about how terrible the pay at AMF is, yet Great Lakes pays captains far less than AMF pay. This statement alone completely disbands any argument you have about pay at AMF along with most of your credibility, well what's left at least.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 500 hours TT and 20 ME must be for FO's, right? Surely they aren't hiring PIC's with only 500 TT into the B1900. If they are then there is an accident waiting to happen.

I'm a little confused on this one. Which one is it? You were fired from AMF or you weren't? You say you were and then you say none have ever fired you? I'm assuming you mean you've never been fired.

You have three letters of recommendations for Delta? Are they from Delta Pilots? If not they probably won't help you much. If they are, as soon as delta sees your poor use of the english language, along with your lacking critical thinking skills, you probably do not stand much of a chance.

The aggressive attitude your receiving is a result of your unwillingness to listen to anything anybody has to say.

Trust me I am more than familiar with the smoke and mirrors game that recruiters like to play, after all that's what they get paid for. However, I personally know someone that was offered the Metro after 6 month on property.

You're reading comprehension skills also leave much to be desired. I read everything on the Southwest website. A 737 type rating is NOT required for an applicant to interview. If the applicant passes the interview the applicant then has six months to get a 737 type.
1 A Candidate may apply without a B-737 Type Rating. If a candidate interviews and successfully completes the entire selection process, he/she has six months from the date to obtain a B-737 Type Rating to be eligible for hire.

The PIC time is broken down the way it is on the website to stop people from logging PIC time from the right seat when they are pilot flying and are checked out and rated in the appropriate category and class. They want the person who actually signed for the aircraft, the one who has final authority over safety of flight.

If they way you put it is true then how on earth would any single seat fighter pilot be able to get a job at Southwest? :confused:
I happened to have met quite a few SWA pilots that were F16 drivers.

No, you did not even understand what I was talking about.
I was comparing building flight time as a CFI or as a pilot at Great Lakes. They both pay the same but at Lakes you can start as a SIC making the same money as a CFI in a part 141 school where you can also log 80-100hrs a month. I did not compare AMF to Great Lakes! But you are so full of yourself that you did not even get it.
Taking about the money if I well remember a PIC at AMF makes 18$/hrs a capt at Lakes makes 30$.
Thank for the clarification about SW, the type rating is not required for the interview but you have to have it before starting class, and how you are gonna pay it? With all the money you make at AMF?
Do you know anyone that went to SW recently with not mil time or regional?

kimba 06-03-2014 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 1657717)
OUCH! That was actually painful to read.

Yes - - your understanding of Southwest's requirements are wrong.
You misunderstand the details in the statement in the manner they are applied to applicants with a military background.

Edit: Sorry - someone else already pointed out the misunderstanding.
Btw - Great Lakes is rumored (known?) to be the worse paying P121 (and now partially P135) outfit out there and you are just building SIC time. Yes - for a time being I'd rather be buildnig TPIC time and making more money while waiting for that move to the regionals or other job to continue the trek to your ultimate goal in aviation.

Copy for SW, thank for everybody's clarification.

For Great Lakes, I do confirm it is the airline that pays the worst out there but I was not saying to go Lakes instead of another regional of AMF, I'm suggesting to go Lakes if you have 500tt and you don't want build time as a CFI.
I never meant to compare Lakes with and AMF or other regionals.

kimba 06-03-2014 08:25 PM

Not all true

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 1657752)
I have held a line from day 1. In fact, the only places I can think of that you know you're going to be on reserve from day 1, are these 121 carriers you so highly speak of.

Lucky for you, but when I was on the chieftain the pilots that just upgraded on the be99, were on reserve! At AMF!

kimba 06-03-2014 08:26 PM

???

Originally Posted by Gjn290 (Post 1657759)

Why do you want to know were I went?

kimba 06-03-2014 08:27 PM

I want??

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 1657760)
I want to know what base he was at, in his short time with AMF

You can keep this kind attitude for your pilot at AMF, with me there is no I WANT!

Once again: AMF attitude!

KSCessnaDriver 06-03-2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by kimba (Post 1657781)
Lucky for you, but when I was on the chieftain the pilots that just upgraded on the be99, were on reserve! At AMF!

Probably by choice, in order to get a base they want. There is a never ending stream of locations opening up for people to fly the 99 today. But they don't want to move. If you've got to have a specific location, AMF may not be for you.