Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

1st2000 10-03-2007 07:06 PM

propfails2FX. Some more good news about Ameriflight. A 2500 hour PA31 and BE99 training captain just was picked up by Continental for their 30 October class. This is the 3 pilot to go there in a short time and I understand that a few have went to Alaska and other major airlines.

TangoBar 10-10-2007 09:00 PM


Originally Posted by propfails2FX (Post 240567)
Sounds good. Still have some time left on active duty, but am looking hard at the street captain option.

What would you consider the top bases to be? Will be able to move anywhere once my service obligation is complete.

PDX has a good mix of equipment- PA-31, BE-99, 1 BE-1900, a few Metros. Compared to other areas, the QOL is very good Sure there's ice, fog, and rain all winter long, but that's just a bonus! Who wants to fly in warm VFR conditions all year long?

Out of curiosity, what kind of equipment do you fly now/ what are you interested in flying at AMF?

Wherever you decide to go, try to get a written guarantee that you'll be based there. IMO, most ACPs are always looking for willing pilots, so talking to them helps, too.

AKfreighter 10-12-2007 10:00 AM

So I keep seeing Ameriflight advertising for the Billings, MT base (among many others). Since I'm interested in moving to that area, can anyone tell me what the equipment and runs are like out of there? Is it typical of other bases?

Ziggy 10-12-2007 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by AKfreighter (Post 246175)
So I keep seeing Ameriflight advertising for the Billings, MT base (among many others). Since I'm interested in moving to that area, can anyone tell me what the equipment and runs are like out of there? Is it typical of other bases?

Billings is an all turbine base. Half the pilots are based in BIL the others are out stationed. BIL has a really tight group of people, great place to work. Especially if you like the outdoors. Recently they lost a couple of good DHL runs, so most of their business comes from UPS. Upgrade times from the 99 run longer that others due to the atmosphere and over all QOL.

AKfreighter 10-15-2007 06:31 AM

Thanks Ziggy. What about hours? And is it still the typical run of leaving early am, waiting around, coming back in the late afternoon?

Ziggy 10-16-2007 08:08 AM


Originally Posted by AKfreighter (Post 247353)
Thanks Ziggy. What about hours? And is it still the typical run of leaving early am, waiting around, coming back in the late afternoon?

This really depends on the run. Some have you wheels up at 02:30am and done for the day at 09:00am. While others it's 06:30am wheels up and back at 18:30. If you take an out station run, your QOL seem to be better than in base. But if you choose being based in station, then you can bid different runs.

AKfreighter 10-16-2007 12:45 PM


Originally Posted by Ziggy (Post 247964)
This really depends on the run. Some have you wheels up at 02:30am and done for the day at 09:00am. While others it's 06:30am wheels up and back at 18:30. If you take an out station run, your QOL seem to be better than in base. But if you choose being based in station, then you can bid different runs.

Huh, crazy. The job would be fun, but what do you do with all the dead time? If you are at an outstation, to you fly to the base in morning and come back in the evening or can you get back to the outstation during the day? Are there multiple stops? I wish I knew someone up here that had experience with AMFlt. Thanks for being patient.

Ziggy 10-18-2007 09:50 PM


Originally Posted by AKfreighter (Post 248136)
Huh, crazy. The job would be fun, but what do you do with all the dead time? If you are at an outstation, to you fly to the base in morning and come back in the evening or can you get back to the outstation during the day? Are there multiple stops? I wish I knew someone up here that had experience with AMFlt. Thanks for being patient.

You can find their BIL number in the yellow pages, just call and talk to either the ACP or Ops Manager. Both are good guy's, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to answer your questions.

AKfreighter 10-20-2007 02:03 PM

All right! Thanks, I think I'll do that.

propfails2FX 10-20-2007 03:57 PM

1st 2000: PDX sounds good. Appreciate the gouge.

Tango Bar: USN P-3 and military IP background. Looking to add a few hundred more hours of ME TPIC in order to be competitive for everyone. Meet mins for a lot of companies, but I figure a year at AMF would provide a solid boost to the resume. Also a good insurance plan in the event of a furlough.

Cheers,

Fails2FX


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:09 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands