Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

saxman66 11-09-2008 09:16 AM

I'm about to be furloughed, so I just put an app in. I saw somewhere they have spots in DFW, which is where I live, so that would be nice to get. Do they ever hire 121 guys? I know I've probably gotten lazy with flight planning and weather since someone else has been doing all that lately. Figure I'd just see what they say.

Red Forman 11-09-2008 08:21 PM


Originally Posted by saxman66 (Post 494743)
I'm about to be furloughed, so I just put an app in. I saw somewhere they have spots in DFW, which is where I live, so that would be nice to get. Do they ever hire 121 guys? I know I've probably gotten lazy with flight planning and weather since someone else has been doing all that lately. Figure I'd just see what they say.

I also live in Dallas and applied to them a couple months ago when I started to see where Comair was going, or should I say wasn't going. I never heard anything back, even after I sent emails and left a few messages with people in HR. Let me know if you hear anything, otherwise good luck.

mojo6911 11-10-2008 08:26 AM


Originally Posted by saxman66 (Post 494743)
I'm about to be furloughed, so I just put an app in. I saw somewhere they have spots in DFW, which is where I live, so that would be nice to get. Do they ever hire 121 guys? I know I've probably gotten lazy with flight planning and weather since someone else has been doing all that lately. Figure I'd just see what they say.

I work at Skymates, and they do their interview in the Sim. Talking with Ted, the guy that does the interview, they don't really have DFW as a base. They have Pampas, TX as the base, and then DFW is a feeder for single pilot ops. They have a Brasilia that they fly out of DFW, but they only hire directly to the right seat, and I think its filled.

Alti2d 11-10-2008 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by GunnerV (Post 492688)
Makes perfect sense to me. Do they pay for a hotel as well?

Yup... I have to enter 10 characters now for this to post.... why?

RyanSD 11-12-2008 04:18 PM

I have put in my application and resume... Just wondering how long until they may call? I did call their pilot recruiting number on their website, but the voice specifically stated to not call or try to contact the chief pilot or DO. Thanks.

Ryan

TheOak 11-12-2008 06:20 PM


Originally Posted by own nav (Post 493711)

Thanks Own Nav! Perfect

own nav 11-13-2008 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 497589)
Thanks Own Nav! Perfect

Glad I could help.

insanelyradical 11-16-2008 06:18 PM

Just to let everyone who has put in their stuff, I emailed my resume to the asst. chief pilot in PHX (I got his email address from a buddy who used to work there and knows him) on 11/7/08 and have not heard anything back yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything. Also looking for suggestions on what the next step should be. (ie. email him the same stuff again, email him saying I am still interested, send in my stuff normally, etc.) My times are 1450TT 400ME and i'm currently a CFI.

BTPM 11-19-2008 06:16 PM

To the folks trying to get hired at Ameriflight
 
Hey Guys and Gals,
Keep in mind that Ameriflight is entering its peak time as we go into Thanksgiving, and there are not a whole lot of interviews conducted during this time. There are openings and there will be hiring. The best person to contact is Sylvia Perez the Pilot Recruiter at 800-800-4538. Call the main number and ask for her by name, she is very friendly and very professional and will be able to direct you. Also if you have any specific questions feel free to contact me via private message.

de727ups 11-19-2008 06:32 PM

PM's won't work until you get more posts, sorry. Thanks for being willing to help. I'd override the PM thing but a mod can't do it. If you don't want to give out your email, I'd suggest people just post their questions here. It's really better that way cause everyone can see it.

Thanks again. And nice to hear Amflight will be hiring.

KJSWA 11-19-2008 08:36 PM

BTPM-
Thanks for the info been trying hard to find my way into a 135 IFR job, and its very frustrating to see the guys that usually hire in my area fully staffed, people that would hire below mins and get you flying empty legs until you had the time are now backed up with resumes. Just glad I've still got a job.

mmaviator 11-19-2008 09:06 PM

BTPM

so is there any classes dates coming up? I see ameriflight positions on websites but nothing on their own website? comments

GunnerV 11-19-2008 09:06 PM


Originally Posted by Alti2d (Post 495944)
Yup... I have to enter 10 characters now for this to post.... why?

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted the clarification. I just got out of the military and our per diem works much the same way. I've got a family in Fort Worth and I figure I could live with the low pay as long as I wasn't spending what little pay I did make on hotels.

detpilot 11-24-2008 06:11 PM

Does anyone have a complete list of the bases, with a fleet breakdown of what aircraft are based where? If not, would anyone be interested in helping me make one? That seems to be a common question about AMF, and is something I'd like to see as well.

TMoney 11-26-2008 09:58 AM

I'm stranded out in OMA so all I know is out here we have BE99s and one 1900 up in Sioux City. Good luck with a list.

BTPM 11-27-2008 07:14 PM


Originally Posted by mmaviator (Post 502313)
BTPM

so is there any classes dates coming up? I see ameriflight positions on websites but nothing on their own website? comments

Hey mmaviator, there are class scheduled through all of 2009 for all equipment, but I do not know what the specific allocations will be for pilots. If you are interested give me a call at 818-813-1599, and I will try to answer any questions that you have, or at least direct you to the right people. BTW I am west coast, so please try not to call in the middle of the night, lol.

BTPM 11-27-2008 07:16 PM


Originally Posted by TMoney (Post 506450)
I'm stranded out in OMA so all I know is out here we have BE99s and one 1900 up in Sioux City. Good luck with a list.

Stranded!!! HSI is a cool place, or Grand Island, I should say. And the club house has awesome wallpaper!!!

skatergeek 11-28-2008 05:40 AM


Originally Posted by BTPM (Post 507257)
Hey mmaviator, there are class scheduled through all of 2009 for all equipment, but I do not know what the specific allocations will be for pilots. If you are interested give me a call at 818-813-1599, and I will try to answer any questions that you have, or at least direct you to the right people. BTW I am west coast, so please try not to call in the middle of the night, lol.

So are they doing direct hire into the 99's?

detpilot 11-28-2008 10:01 PM

BTPM, is it alright if I call you at that number too? Thanks.

find a way 11-29-2008 02:13 PM

what do you think the chances are of getting hired early next year with just at 135 mins?

Planewatcher 11-29-2008 02:39 PM

wow brave man for putting out his number....

PHX, SLC, OMA, ONT, SJU, CVG, are all turbine bases

BUR, OAK, PDX, and BFI are not.

direct hire in the 99/1900/SA227 is not going to happen anytime soon.

cappelation 11-29-2008 02:41 PM


Originally Posted by BTPM (Post 507258)
Stranded!!! HSI is a cool place, or Grand Island, I should say. And the club house has awesome wallpaper!!!

not to mention warm cookies.

skatergeek 11-29-2008 08:39 PM


Originally Posted by Planewatcher (Post 508231)
wow brave man for putting out his number....

PHX, SLC, OMA, ONT, SJU, CVG, are all turbine bases

BUR, OAK, PDX, and BFI are not.

direct hire in the 99/1900/SA227 is not going to happen anytime soon.

Ya I figured...is BUR a pretty senior PA31 base? What are the chances of getting it out of training?

Planewatcher 11-30-2008 08:07 AM


Originally Posted by skatergeek (Post 508423)
Ya I figured...is BUR a pretty senior PA31 base? What are the chances of getting it out of training?

Well you Got guys who are 99 qualified and have been at the company for two years who are flying the Chieftain. Because they Cant Hold a Line in ONT due to their Seniority. That pushes the Sole chieftain drivers to TDY.

skatergeek 11-30-2008 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by Planewatcher (Post 508570)
Well you Got guys who are 99 qualified and have been at the company for two years who are flying the Chieftain. Because they Cant Hold a Line in ONT due to their Seniority. That pushes the Sole chieftain drivers to TDY.

Figures...I keep putting my stuff in but I never hear anything. I have 1450TT/165ME, I live in PHX so I would want something kind of close...

BTPM 11-30-2008 06:33 PM


Originally Posted by detpilot (Post 507835)
BTPM, is it alright if I call you at that number too? Thanks.

Yea thats fine, always willing to help.

Sam.

PRCAPTAIN 11-30-2008 06:55 PM

I been in the AMF system for over 2 yrs.I first got into the Chieftain in the central states,then i move into the BE99 but i took me a year to move on.All can I say is that It's a nice experience work for the biggest 135...Also we are cass...And it's true SJU is a senior base.

TMoney 12-01-2008 10:47 AM

People who were looking for a position at AMF with fewer than IFR 135 mins are no longer of interest. It used to be training captains could come on with less than 1200 hrs to perform off line training and ground/sim training. With the company moving towards more online training this is no longer the case. It used to be a good way to get in the door though.

TMoney 12-01-2008 10:48 AM

Hey Sam! That's why I took the OMA base. Crazy wallpaper. I hear the temporary base manager for next week is a crazy guy.

OMA is a sweet base though if anyone is looking to come to AMF. It's all turbine so put in a bid if you want to upgrade quickly and if you want to wear a ski suit to work.

own nav 12-01-2008 11:17 AM

Sounds like we're starting to get back in business with DHL.

Kougarok 12-01-2008 11:32 AM


Originally Posted by own nav (Post 509276)
Sounds like we're starting to get back in business with DHL.

What runs are you guys going to be doing for DHL?

skatergeek 12-01-2008 12:09 PM

Does anybody know what the secret is to get hired at AMF? Or even a call for that matter. I am sure they are FULL of resumes, but I can not get a response from anybody there. Sounds like others are in the same boat.

mmaviator 12-01-2008 12:30 PM

anybody get a call? what r ur times? when did you put in ur app?

own nav 12-01-2008 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by Kougarok (Post 509296)
What runs are you guys going to be doing for DHL?

Somebody help me with the new runs in the midwest (MSP, MEM?)

Also one out of SLC.

freightdog 12-01-2008 05:02 PM


Originally Posted by own nav (Post 509476)
Somebody help me with the new runs in the midwest (MSP, MEM?)

Also one out of SLC.

Still be held a big secret with some of the flying for DHL, UPS, FedEx. More info after the 1st of the year.

freightdog

BTPM 12-02-2008 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by mmaviator (Post 509367)
anybody get a call? what r ur times? when did you put in ur app?

Nice talking to you the other day. Were you able to get ahold of Sylvia?? Let me know.

Sam.

Planewatcher 12-02-2008 06:23 PM

If this is the same Sam i think it is, be careful on here.

I have been busted for something I said over on FI.

mmaviator 12-02-2008 06:30 PM

btpm-
negative, thanks though

planewatcher-
just curious(none of my business) but how can you get 'BUSTED' for something said on an internet website?

skatergeek 12-02-2008 07:15 PM

Question for all you AMF'ers out there.

How do the runs at Ameriflight work? Does your route change every week or do you have the same route for the entire month? How often do you bid for bases/routes/etc. Also, I know for the PA31 its a M-F gig, so that means you only get 8 days off a month?

hi208 12-02-2008 08:35 PM


Originally Posted by mmaviator (Post 510451)
btpm-
negative, thanks though

planewatcher-
just curious(none of my business) but how can you get 'BUSTED' for something said on an internet website?

I got fired from a job for saying the company I worked for was a bad place to work! Owner some how found it and fired me!

I am interested in the routes also if anyone currently working for ameriflight could help out. I am really interested in PDX PA-31 routes.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:27 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands