Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

tall guy 07-02-2014 11:46 AM

I don't want to get slammed on here but the company site list no time requirements for first officers. What are my chances of getting in with 300tt commercial multi and single with instruments. Don't laugh at me but your feedback would be helpful. Thanks so much.

polymox 07-02-2014 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by tall guy (Post 1676448)
I don't want to get slammed on here but the company site list no time requirements for first officers. What are my chances of getting in with 300tt commercial multi and single with instruments. Don't laugh at me but your feedback would be helpful. Thanks so much.

They usually look for 500 TT for E120 FOs. You can always try.

own nav 07-02-2014 01:05 PM


Originally Posted by tall guy (Post 1676448)
I don't want to get slammed on here but the company site list no time requirements for first officers. What are my chances of getting in with 300tt commercial multi and single with instruments. Don't laugh at me but your feedback would be helpful. Thanks so much.

Chieftain FOs:
5) CAPTAIN – PA31 UPGRADE PROGRAM

BASES – BUR, HWD, PDX, PHX

If you have more than 900 hours total flight time and would like to build multi-engine flight time with us (and get PAID for doing it!), please submit your pilot application with the notation under desired position as “PA31 Upgrade Program”. These positions are based in PDX, HWD, BUR, and PHX with the intention of building your flight time as quickly as possible so that we may use your services as a PIC under IFR (135.243(C)).

tall guy 07-02-2014 02:08 PM

Thanks for the info. The hour glass is almost empty for me and for many other aspiring aviators. The question is what will this do to the industry? Everyone I talk to doesn't care because they are either currently flying or have tons of time and complaining about making 80k in one case that I know. Its frustrating because all I want is an opportunity. 20k for the apt course after july is really expensive for a person like myself. Too bad I don't come from a rich family but I will get the written done and see what happens. Not here to complain so I will let you guys get back to real issues other than the 1500 atp.

own nav 07-02-2014 02:53 PM


Originally Posted by tall guy (Post 1676559)
Thanks for the info. The hour glass is almost empty for me and for many other aspiring aviators. The question is what will this do to the industry? Everyone I talk to doesn't care because they are either currently flying or have tons of time and complaining about making 80k in one case that I know. Its frustrating because all I want is an opportunity. 20k for the apt course after july is really expensive for a person like myself. Too bad I don't come from a rich family but I will get the written done and see what happens. Not here to complain so I will let you guys get back to real issues other than the 1500 atp.

I think you're on to something. It's becoming a rich kid's game. And if there aren't enough rich kids to fill seats, major airlines will reclaim outsourced flying with larger planes and less frequency. Regionals will liquidate, and the ones that can do more with less will survive.

I think we're in for some big changes at AMF as well, DFW HQ is just the start. On the other hand, I think it is, and always will be for most a "stepping stone" on the way to something bigger.

ClarenceOver 07-02-2014 02:56 PM


Originally Posted by polymox (Post 1676464)
They usually look for 500 TT for E120 FOs. You can always try.

i tried with 135 mins and got turned down. They are wanting to upgrade the fo's within the company and push me into the navajo or 99. i said nuh uh.

KSCessnaDriver 07-02-2014 07:11 PM


Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1676606)
I think we're in for some big changes at AMF as well, DFW HQ is just the start. On the other hand, I think it is, and always will be for most a "stepping stone" on the way to something bigger.

I don't think it's just AMF that's in for a big change. The entire UPS feed system is going to get killed, with what's going to happen going forward. Compare how UPS runs their feed to how a majority of the FedEx feed is ran, the difference is night and day.

Phxdvt17 07-02-2014 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 1676726)
I don't think it's just AMF that's in for a big change. The entire UPS feed system is going to get killed, with what's going to happen going forward. Compare how UPS runs their feed to how a majority of the FedEx feed is ran, the difference is night and day.


Hmmmm. Can you elaborate?

Phxdvt17 07-02-2014 07:22 PM


Originally Posted by GunnerV (Post 1674605)
I'm in training right now and we have 2 DFW and 1 SLC and maybe one other, but I forget where he is going.

I was supposed to have a steady flow of trainee's since June. I've only had 1 :p

GunnerV 07-02-2014 07:29 PM

There are two of us training in SLC and one in Omaha. I think a couple of Cheiftain drivers went to PDX. I heard there is another class right behind us, so maybe you'll get one of them. By your username, i am assuming you are in PHX?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:07 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands