Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Flightcap 07-22-2014 07:20 AM

Is CVG a viable base for a new hire? It would be the only base of interest to me at the moment as I'm bound to Columbus for a few years.

giblets8o3 07-22-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Flightcap (Post 1689190)
Is CVG a viable base for a new hire? It would be the only base of interest to me at the moment as I'm bound to Columbus for a few years.

CVG is primarily metros. If you have a lot of turbine time it would be possible to go straight to CVG (very short staffed). If you're planning on commuting from Columbus that might be nearly impossible with the CVG schedule. Republic has a Columbus base... QOL would probably be better there

aTomatoFlames 07-22-2014 07:55 AM

No pay during the first week of indoc, but they pay for your hotel room (double occupancy). Then paid minimum wage (?) until you pass your check-ride. All other upgrades transitions are paid at your normal rate.

Flightcap 07-22-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by giblets8o3 (Post 1689215)
CVG is primarily metros. If you have a lot of turbine time it would be possible to go straight to CVG (very short staffed). If you're planning on commuting from Columbus that might be nearly impossible with the CVG schedule. Republic has a Columbus base... QOL would probably be better there

Agreed that QOL would be far better with a base closer to Columbus. The fact that requirements include turbine time for the CVG base makes Ameriflight not that attractive to me, as I'm looking for that part 135 job with no prior 121 or 135 experience.

KSCessnaDriver 07-22-2014 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by giblets8o3 (Post 1689215)

At the risk of being shot at, I'd say PSA probably has a better QoL than AMF does, concessionary contract included.

Jetlife 07-22-2014 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 1689282)
At the risk of being shot at, I'd say PSA probably has a better QoL than AMF does, concessionary contract included.

What regional wouldn't have a better QOL than AMF? Not bashing, and pay aside for the first year.

KSCessnaDriver 07-22-2014 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1689322)
What regional wouldn't have a better QOL than AMF? Not bashing, and pay aside for the first year.

Simply put, none.

jcrews 07-22-2014 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Flightcap (Post 1689190)

We just had a new guy go out there to fly a metro with little turbine time coming in. Plenty of time in the TT category, but mostly(more than 95%) piston twin and single time.

Anything is possible! Doesn't hurt to apply and communicate your needs.

eman 07-22-2014 02:43 PM

Ameriflight

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 1689322)

Lol! weekends off, home every night and major holidays off wasn't a bad quality of life. Pay for first year chieftain captain aside though...metro was just fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSCessnaDriver 07-22-2014 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1689485)
Lol! weekends off, home every night and major holidays off wasn't a bad quality of life. Pay for first year chieftain captain aside though...metro was just fine!

Depends on the base. It goes back to the whole 2 different airlines concept.