Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

KSCessnaDriver 07-13-2015 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by sellener (Post 1928242)
Anybody know what AMF has going on outta KLAN?

Reason i ask is:

-Im local CFI MEI with 135 mins and 150 ME

-i have non aviation career (municipality job) which i work at 9 days a month (24hr shifts)

- i would love to get some realworld flying in before i retire at 50 from municipality (currently 33)

-is there anything they might use me for?

Thx

A couple metro's and a couple 1900's, IIRC. That's all I knew about it, mostly flying up to the UP.

sellener 07-13-2015 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 1928389)
A couple metro's and a couple 1900's, IIRC. That's all I knew about it, mostly flying up to the UP.

Yup, kinda looks like kiwd as an outstation perhaps.

Anyone ever hear of ameriflight ever using highly motivated part-time help out there at KLAN? Or anywhere.

Going to be 15 min from airport for next 17 years and no intention/desire of airlines. Just want an opportunity to experience 135 freight.

When i hit 50 i plan to fly 135 for retirement job but am anxious to get exposure now😁

frmrbuffdrvr 07-14-2015 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by sellener (Post 1928478)
Yup, kinda looks like kiwd as an outstation perhaps.

Anyone ever hear of ameriflight ever using highly motivated part-time help out there at KLAN? Or anywhere.

Going to be 15 min from airport for next 17 years and no intention/desire of airlines. Just want an opportunity to experience 135 freight.

When i hit 50 i plan to fly 135 for retirement job but am anxious to get exposure now��

I don't recall anyone being hired INTO a part time position. The part timers I have known have all been hired full time and then gone to other jobs after their training commitments were up and stayed on as part time.

It is generally too costly to hire and train someone who will only be used to cover open holes in the schedule IF they are available when we need them.

krudawg 07-14-2015 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by sellener (Post 1928242)
Anybody know what AMF has going on outta KLAN?

Reason i ask is:

-Im local CFI MEI with 135 mins and 150 ME

-i have non aviation career (municipality job) which i work at 9 days a month (24hr shifts)

- i would love to get some realworld flying in before i retire at 50 from municipality (currently 33)

-is there anything they might use me for?

Thx

In the past, AMF has not hired part-time pilots. The want full-time one. My suggestion to you is decided what you want. Consider taking a leave of absence from your city job and going to work for AMF. Once you are there, you can try and convince them to allow you to continues as a part-time reserve pilot but chances are, they won't be interested

sellener 07-14-2015 10:48 AM

I thought that would be the case, just wanted to throw the question out there. Ill keep my eyes open.

Thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 07-31-2015 08:23 PM

Anybody home???

CoolHands 08-10-2015 01:22 PM

Hi guys, I just noticed that the Ameriflight payscales were updated on August 6th. Are those numbers accurate? Thanks!

newwings1993 08-10-2015 09:39 PM

I'm also wondering about the updated pay scales. Very curious about any information you can provide.

FreightDogs 08-11-2015 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by CoolHands (Post 1946985)
Hi guys, I just noticed that the Ameriflight payscales were updated on August 6th. Are those numbers accurate? Thanks!

Originally Posted by newwings1993 (Post 1947242)
I'm also wondering about the updated pay scales. Very curious about any information you can provide.

There was an error when APC updated the pay scales - we added the retention bonus pay to the annual compensation numbers, and the bonus was added to the 1900 twice I think. I submitted a change on Sunday. I sincerely apologize for the confusion.

-Recruiting

twebb 08-11-2015 09:39 AM

What's the attrition like over there right now, how many new guys are coming into class each month?

Even with that pay scale error, we pay more for similar equipment, and it's getting hard to find new guys.