Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
VASBYT

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #2711  
Gets Weekends Off
 
frmrbuffdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalopilot View Post
Does anyone know if new hire pilots are put in CASS during training so they can go home on weekends?
Pilots are entered into the system the day they show up. However, it doesn't become active until the background check comes back. So if you have a former employer who isn't responsive on your employment verification it could delay things.

Which makes sense because CASS allows you to jump seat in the cockpit and they want to ensure you aren't going to do anything there.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #2712  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LRSRanger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet
Posts: 292
Default

There should be a good bit of cold hard reality going on this peak.. Resigning AMF will only be 2nd in my heart to getting my DD214.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LRSRanger is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #2713  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post


You have be at a disadvantage, sir, as you seem to know who I am yet remain anonymous to me.



It isn't just AMF management. It's business in general. See my last response on this post below.




It used to be 90 days from DOH. I checked with HR and was told you become eligible the first day of the second continuous calendar month after you are hired. So if someone is hired in November, they would have to work the full calendar month of December and would be eligible the first of January. (I know, it's confusing to me too.)



I didn't know about the change to 40 units when I did my previous post. But that is correct.



I have never had a job in my life where I was paid what I ultimately thought I deserved. But I was paid what the job was worth. And that is what companies pay for all employees. What the job is worth. And the recent pay raises show that, with the shortage of pilots, the job is becoming more valuable if the company wants to stay in business.

That's reality.
I only know you from your ridiculously ignorant and freakish posts that you do on Facebook, which people then screen capture and send me to show me how crazy their base manager is.


The fact that you can come on here and say that you have just relinquished to the fact that you will never be paid what you think you should, treated in a way that you think you should, just shows what type of person you are. You have no self worth or self esteem, or maybe you literally don't have the ability or intelligence to achieve higher positions than AMF, and that is why you have settled. You, and people like you, are what's wrong with this industry. Luckily you are a very small minority, and the rest of of us know better than to sell ourselves short.
Jetlife is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #2714  
Gets Weekends Off
 
frmrbuffdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
I only know you from your ridiculously ignorant and freakish posts that you do on Facebook, which people then screen capture and send me to show me how crazy their base manager is.


The fact that you can come on here and say that you have just relinquished to the fact that you will never be paid what you think you should, treated in a way that you think you should, just shows what type of person you are. You have no self worth or self esteem, or maybe you literally don't have the ability or intelligence to achieve higher positions than AMF, and that is why you have settled. You, and people like you, are what's wrong with this industry. Luckily you are a very small minority, and the rest of of us know better than to sell ourselves short.
You know what, based on this response, I am glad I DON'T know who you are.

The fact that you can make an assessment of me based on our differences of opinion with no factual knowledge of my background or experience just shows what kind of weight I really need to give to your arguments. Zip.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #2715  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LRSRanger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet
Posts: 292
Default

This thread is better than TV! Jetlife you are spot on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LRSRanger is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #2716  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
You know what, based on this response, I am glad I DON'T know who you are.

The fact that you can make an assessment of me based on our differences of opinion with no factual knowledge of my background or experience just shows what kind of weight I really need to give to your arguments. Zip.
Well when you post homophobic and extreme religious views on your FB, you get judged for what you put out on public social media accounts. Your closed off views about people and life, are an excellent view into who you are, and it absolutely coresponds to how you view employees, the career in which you are in, and your thoughts on the industry. It all comes from ignorance and fear. You are so easy to peg it is comical.
Jetlife is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #2717  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 1
Default

I've never met an ACP at AMF who put his pilot's needs before the company. They only take the job to better their resume and get priority on vacation requests. They are the puppets of management! You can't have success when you always have the wrong people in charge.
Cheers
Scud77 is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #2718  
Gets Weekends Off
 
own nav's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop
Posts: 484
Default

When you run out of substance you go to personal attacks, nice Jetlife.

I've noticed a pattern over the years. When you get Amerihaters riled up, and a couple people agree with them, they instantly claim a majority for their views, and assume the lynch mob mentality.

I don't buy it. All I see is a few people who put their careers on the line to speak their mind. They feel emboldened because their is a pilot shortage, and they can get away with it. In the end, it is the people with good attitudes who get their dream jobs because people refer them. Those who complain all day don't get references.
own nav is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 01:15 PM   #2719  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LRSRanger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by own nav View Post
When you run out of substance you go to personal attacks, nice Jetlife.



I've noticed a pattern over the years. When you get Amerihaters riled up, and a couple people agree with them, they instantly claim a majority for their views, and assume the lynch mob mentality.



I don't buy it. All I see is a few people who put their careers on the line to speak their mind. They feel emboldened because their is a pilot shortage, and they can get away with it. In the end, it is the people with good attitudes who get their dream jobs because people refer them. Those who complain all day don't get references.

Well, the majority are voting with their feet, hence the staffing woes. If this was such a great spot we wouldn't hurting so bad.

Aren't you still at AMF own nav? If so your "how to get a dream job 101" isn't worth a hill of beans. The people who get dream jobs are people who aren't ever satisfied with the status quo, and do what is necessary to achieve it. They sure as hell aren't a bunch of p******. Go ahead, argue with jetlife about how to get a good job, but you ring hollow because he is off furthering his career somewhere else and you are fat and happy like a pig in the mud.

I'll say it like I see it, pilot shortage or not. I don't need a bunch of AMF lifers for referrals.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LRSRanger is offline  
Old 11-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #2720  
On Reserve
 
Snotrocket's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: Left Seat Brasilia, 1900, 99
Posts: 13
Default

Can we please get back on topic? The personal comments are so petty... This thread is about Ameriflight, not its employees Facebook posts.
Snotrocket is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight - Upgrade to t-prop? waflyboy Cargo 3 05-10-2020 03:48 PM
Ameriflight Travel Benefits question. Mrsmith42e Cargo 17 05-30-2010 08:12 PM
Ameriflight OAK runs? chazbird Part 135 10 07-01-2007 04:47 PM
Ameriflight Questions beech_nut Cargo 0 01-28-2006 12:55 PM
Ameriflight added to APC Freight Dog Cargo 0 11-17-2005 10:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:31 AM.