Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

TangoBar 03-13-2009 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Spoilers (Post 575413)
I'm sure this has been answered before. For PA31 PDX for example, will you always be flying the same run or can you bid for a different one every month?

At PDX, bids tend to last about six weeks. You can bid for different runs, but it's going to depend on seniority as to whether you'll get to do something different. There tends to be some regular movement as people get bored/fed up with doing certain runs and switch things up. However, the PA-31 cargo runs tend to stay senior.

Other PDX notes: I saw someone suggesting that upgrade times might be better than OAK, but I don't think so. PDX is very overstaffed on turbine pilots right now- some may have to requal in the PA31. The only fast upgrades I've seen in the past year are people taking outstations or going to other bases to fill outstations.

*shrugs* Everyone seems to want to stay in PDX.

fjetter 03-16-2009 10:36 AM

Any AMF guys know anything about the bro operating out of BDL??

freightdog 03-16-2009 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by fjetter (Post 579215)
Any AMF guys know anything about the bro operating out of BDL??

I know the crews have bid on it and are staffed, at least that's what's been communicated to me. The FOs were in indoc this last week.

fjetter 03-16-2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 579223)
I know the crews have bid on it and are staffed, at least that's what's been communicated to me. The FOs were in indoc this last week.

Nuts....I wish I had known that they were putting an a/c out here. I live like 30 min away from there and noticed it after non-reving back today. I guess I will throw them a resume anyways sounds like they hire that equipment based on already living there. I'm not looking to move way out west for a navajo.

FlyASA 03-16-2009 06:48 PM

Any hiring for OAK?

freightdog 03-16-2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by FlyASA (Post 579449)
Any hiring for OAK?

There were ads for "open domicile" on climbto350.com, which means they tell you where they're sticking you, but OAK is always an option.

jdlilfan 03-17-2009 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by fjetter (Post 579390)
Nuts....I wish I had known that they were putting an a/c out here. I live like 30 min away from there and noticed it after non-reving back today. I guess I will throw them a resume anyways sounds like they hire that equipment based on already living there. I'm not looking to move way out west for a navajo.

That crew and aircraft are technically CVG based.

F90 Hawk 03-17-2009 01:01 PM

Just talked to Sylvia on the phone. She said there will be another class starting April 6. Not sure on the numbers yet.

Newty 03-18-2009 01:15 PM

Anyone know what amflights staffing looks like in SLC right now! Any chance of going straight to SLC in the 99?

FlyASA 03-18-2009 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 579539)
There were ads for "open domicile" on climbto350.com, which means they tell you where they're sticking you, but OAK is always an option.

I sent in a resume on the website but never heard anything back. With all the pilots out on the street now I'm sure they are probably flooded with resumes and there are probably a lot of applicants who are way more qualified than me.