Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

7051 05-12-2016 06:52 AM

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frmrbuffdrvr 05-16-2016 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jetset (Post 2129980)
How quickly do they get you through training and on the line flying?

Indoc is one week. Aircraft training is normally 3 - 4 weeks, depending on the aircraft.

mepilot 05-16-2016 05:19 PM

DFW outstations?

Really thinking about going to AMF for a few years but know I will be stuck in an outstation flying BE99 initially.

Does anyone know if there is a list of crash pads in the outstations as I have no intentions of setting roots down in Brownsville or wherever I end up?

frmrbuffdrvr 05-16-2016 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by mepilot (Post 2130382)
Really thinking about going to AMF for a few years but know I will be stuck in an outstation flying BE99 initially.

Does anyone know if there is a list of crash pads in the outstations as I have no intentions of setting roots down in Brownsville or wherever I end up?

Well, you don't have to worry about Brownsville because there is no run that goes there.;)

As for crash pads, I'm not aware of any specific ones. The folks that want to have an enjoyable time dig in and get an apartment. I have also known folks who live out of their cars or at FBOs and they always seem to be the ones who complain the most.

If you are specifically looking for being in Texas, there is almost always a need for people based in Lubbock as we have slots for 3 BE99 pilots out there.

Another option may be home basing if you don't mind spending a good bit of time AWAY from home. This is where you are assigned to and live at one of our bases. As I understand it, you would go out to an assignment for to three weeks and then be back for a week off. When we get to the place where we don't need to send as many people out for staffing you could be scheduled for reserve at your home base. You can check with the recruiter when you interview about this option.

7051 05-16-2016 07:53 PM

So looking at the flight schedule at amfpilots and it shows only one run for the B1900 out of PDX. Looks like 2 hrs a day of flight time. Is this correct information? Not worth it to apply if I can't get at least 4 hrs a day.

FlyingHawaiian 05-16-2016 08:10 PM

You won't be able to get that 1900 run.

Flyinlynn 05-18-2016 08:01 PM

I have an email from AMF recruiting saying to go to my online profile monthly to update my hours. However, I am not sure how to access my online profile except by going to a job opening and selecting "Click Here to Complete Your Application".

Is that what I should be doing or should I be doing something else to update my times?

I see the Seattle FO opening says 500 TT and 25 ME. I have 840 TT and 50 ME I live in the Seattle area so would really like to get Seattle.

kforrest8480 05-25-2016 06:39 AM

Hey guys, before I even start this post, I have a feeling I already know what a lot of people are going to say..."go get your CFI and build time that way then apply"... Well, I'm sitting at 300TT with a single and now a wet multi (12 multi TT) commercial add-on... I applied yesterday to the FO EMB120 position and was just wondering if anyone knows how low hour wise AMF well actually look at... I plan on starting my CFI very soon then reapplying but want to see what else is out there in the mean time.
Thanks in advanced.

pilot93 05-25-2016 07:51 AM

500tt is the minimum for a Brasilia FO position.

kforrest8480 05-25-2016 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by pilot93 (Post 2135074)
500tt is the minimum for a Brasilia FO position.

Ok, yeah I saw on their page that 500tt was the published minimum. I asked on their Facebook page, since they're always advertising hiring, if they hire sub 500tt and they told me they're not sure but apply anyways, they'd love to have my resume. So I did and wasn't sure if they ever look at people sub published 500tt.
Thanks.