Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Flyinlynn 06-06-2016 11:35 PM

What are my chances for FO at BFI? I live in the area.

I have an app in with AMF. My new times 860 TT, ME 50, actual IMC 23, simulated instrument 95, X-country >50 nm 190 hours. Available late October

frmrbuffdrvr 06-07-2016 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2141153)
What are my chances for FO at BFI? I live in the area.

I have an app in with AMF. My new times 860 TT, ME 50, actual IMC 23, simulated instrument 95, X-country >50 nm 190 hours. Available late October

I would say your chances of getting an FO slot are very good. I just can't say for sure how they would be specifically for BFI. Basically because I am not based there and don't know what their FO situation is.

You say you won't be available until October. How much flying do you think you might be doing between now and then?

Also, for part 135 your X-country time isn't restricted to just your over 50 nm flights. Any time you take off at one airport and land at another is considered cross country for the purposes of the 500 hours needed for a 135 captain.

Flyinlynn 06-07-2016 09:57 PM

Doing part time cfi right now 2 students. Will be retiring early from my current employer but not released until Oct 21

Not sure how many hours between now and then maybe 100 hopefully more

sobo 06-08-2016 08:19 AM

Sorry I should have been a little more clear.

1. You've departed DFW to the north, there's a T Storm directly in front of you. What way do you go around it? (LEFT. Winds typically prevail West to East).
2. You are at 10,000 feet, you need to be at 1,000ft. How far out do you start your descent? (3:1 rule).

I leave for Indoc this Sunnday, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

The self study materials included: Pin up cockpit posters for practicing flows, Ameriflight SOP binder (How mother wants you to fly their aircraft), and a gigantic binder with all the systems, limitations, etc for the EMB-120 RT and ER models. Very in-depth information, looks to be straight out of flight safety.

pilot93 06-08-2016 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2141872)

I leave for Indoc this Sunnday, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

The self study materials included: Pin up cockpit posters for practicing flows, Ameriflight SOP binder (How mother wants you to fly their aircraft), and a gigantic binder with all the systems, limitations, etc for the EMB-120 RT and ER models. Very in-depth information, looks to be straight out of flight safety.

If you have any questions, let me know. I just recently went through their training.

astofila 06-08-2016 10:32 AM

does anyone know if they do home base for be99 pilots

frmrbuffdrvr 06-08-2016 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2141872)

Don't worry to much about the RT limitations. We only have ER aircraft. I'm not even sure there ARE any RT aircraft left that haven't been modified to ERs.

frmrbuffdrvr 06-08-2016 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by astofila (Post 2141975)
does anyone know if they do home base for be99 pilots

I believe so. It just has to be at a base that has 99s available for if they DON'T need to use you on the road.

And it can't be SJU. Just too expensive to TDY folks out of there.

sobo 06-08-2016 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2142021)
Don't worry to much about the RT limitations. We only have ER aircraft. I'm not even sure there ARE any RT aircraft left that haven't been modified to ERs.

Yeah I figured that out pretty quickly, also the differences in the 3 types of APU's.

According to the SOP their is only the 120ER and the Garrett 150AA APU.

Only thing that's a little confusing right now is that the flows are different in the packet the training department assembled in comparison the flows in the SOP. Hoping to get that resolved ASAP.

-Alex

Edit: Also, does anyone know what the average day entails for a EMB120 FO based at BFI? Such as show time, duties, etc?

aTomatoFlames 06-08-2016 12:09 PM

Follow the training department flows, my sim partner and I weren't sent the training department flows. Needless to say that was an interesting day one...the training manager was like what are you guys doing?