Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

flyjustinfly 06-16-2016 09:14 PM

Where are most of the FO's for the EMB being based currently? Do they still have the VFR flying with lower mins from ABQ?

I have tried to be in contact with their recruitment, but not had a lot of luck outside of auto generated emails. Then one I emailed said I will message you tomorrow and the day came and passed with nothing.

frmrbuffdrvr 06-17-2016 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by flyjustinfly (Post 2146474)
Where are most of the FO's for the EMB being based currently? Do they still have the VFR flying with lower mins from ABQ?

I have tried to be in contact with their recruitment, but not had a lot of luck outside of auto generated emails. Then one I emailed said I will message you tomorrow and the day came and passed with nothing.

EMB FOs are where the Bro's are. And usually only one per plane. PHX, DFW, CVG, BFI. And one run in PDX just changed from an 1900 to an E120. I don't know if they have an FO for that run yet or not.

As far as I know there are still VFR PA31 captains in ABQ. Per the regs a VFR captain only needs 500 hours TT as compared to 1200 for an IFR captain.

Monkman615 06-17-2016 10:09 AM

Do any pilots commute to anyones knowledge or is the schedule to busy to allow. I live right outside of Nashville and am looking to apply. One major question I had would I need to move to whatever base I'm assigned or is there a good way to get back and forth. I see they are a CASS participant and have a jumpseat agreement with Southwest... just didn't know if it was feasible or not. My hours would put me to either be an F/O of the 120 or SA227 according to a recruiter. They somewhat told me what to expect schedule wise but I would rather hear from a line officer if all possible to get what is actually happening out there.

KSCessnaDriver 06-17-2016 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Monkman615 (Post 2146720)
Do any pilots commute to anyones knowledge or is the schedule to busy to allow. I live right outside of Nashville and am looking to apply. One major question I had would I need to move to whatever base I'm assigned or is there a good way to get back and forth. I see they are a CASS participant and have a jumpseat agreement with Southwest... just didn't know if it was feasible or not. My hours would put me to either be an F/O of the 120 or SA227 according to a recruiter. They somewhat told me what to expect schedule wise but I would rather hear from a line officer if all possible to get what is actually happening out there.

Unless things have changed since I left less than 2 years ago, commuting isn't even a remote possibility.

Turboprop 06-17-2016 01:03 PM

what its like flying the B99 or B1900 as captain in BFI...schedule details please.

thanks

pnwchief22 06-17-2016 07:20 PM

Leave King County Airport after loading around 0630, cross the Cascade Mountains to the outstation, unload, call hotel shuttle, stay there about 7 hours. Catch the shuttle back to the airport, load up around 1700, fly back to
King County Airport, unload by 1900. M - F

Turboprop 06-17-2016 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by pnwchief22 (Post 2146962)
Leave King County Airport after loading around 0630, cross the Cascade Mountains to the outstation, unload, call hotel shuttle, stay there about 7 hours. Catch the shuttle back to the airport, load up around 1700, fly back to

thanks for the info...

frmrbuffdrvr 06-18-2016 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Monkman615 (Post 2146720)

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 2146763)
Unless things have changed since I left less than 2 years ago, commuting isn't even a remote possibility.

Commuting is POSSIBLE depending on the run but it is highly discouraged. If you have a run that is Monday evening through Friday morning (like the BE99 out of Pampa TX) it is feasible. I actually commuted from Austin to Dallas my first year with AMF. But that was back before the flights were practically full on every flight and you almost never got bumped.

Company policy is if you do commute, you are to be at your assigned duty station a minimum of 4 hours prior to your show time. Now there is normally no one there to check that you make that time. But consequences can be severe if you aren't there AT your show time. And there is no allowance for "I had 3 flights available but I kept getting bumped" or "Weather caused my flight to get cancelled."

Monkman615 06-18-2016 07:43 AM

Thank you all both for the information. I guess I should have clarified my question just a bit... I know during the week it wouldnt be possible to make it back to Nashville... but I was just more so wondering about weekends and making sure there was a real way to get back and forth if needed and if I am stationed somewhere farther than Louisville that the CASS agreement was for sure in effect to make it home without paying every single time.

Flyinlynn 06-18-2016 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by pnwchief22 (Post 2146962)

Any chance of getting a FO position at KBFI? I live in Auburn and am not able to relocate.