Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

100LL 06-21-2016 07:24 PM

As I understand if one flies freight you are either hub based or outstation based. Downside of being hub based you spend all day away from home. Sounds kinda boring. If I want to have some fun got to find ways to stay busy. I would like to bring my gun along and go to a local shooting range but there is a 135 reg that says no weapons allowed. So.....what if I disassemble it and take components on 2 different flights. Is that legal? I think it would as its not a weapon anymore. Just metal parts.

dribz 06-22-2016 11:45 AM

So I just had my phone interview. I was nervous because this is a job I really want. I think it showed. Hopefully it doesnt negatively effect me. They said my ME time of 184 is higher than average so hopefully that helps me out.

Jetlife 06-22-2016 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by dribz (Post 2149281)
So I just had my phone interview. I was nervous because this is a job I really want. I think it showed. Hopefully it doesnt negatively effect me. They said my ME time of 184 is higher than average so hopefully that helps me out.

Lol you'll be fine.

own nav 06-22-2016 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 100LL (Post 2148952)
As I understand if one flies freight you are either hub based or outstation based. Downside of being hub based you spend all day away from home. Sounds kinda boring. If I want to have some fun got to find ways to stay busy. I would like to bring my gun along and go to a local shooting range but there is a 135 reg that says no weapons allowed. So.....what if I disassemble it and take components on 2 different flights. Is that legal? I think it would as its not a weapon anymore. Just metal parts.

Better to discuss security issues in person within the company. But I would point out there's more to it than FAA regs, ie you will likely be departing from a SIDA with a major air carrier on the ramp.

TheFly 06-22-2016 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by dribz (Post 2149281)

Just curious, what's your flying background and TT?

lineupandhold 06-23-2016 12:53 AM

I had an interview a week ago... It went well and jived with the gouges posted on here. My times are roughly 1160TT, 750 ME, 700 ME turbine, 550 PIC, 130 turbine PIC, 120 instrument -and the one that's killing me: 400XC (including point-to-point). I'll hit 1200 in no time but my flying consists of military para-jump/para-drop so not a lot of XC opportunities other than flying to the airport/AFB at the beginning and end of the contract. I received an email a few days ago asking when I think I'd hit Capt minimums, which I replied, but there's really no specific time frame since my XC time is creeping along. Haven't heard anything since.
Any ideas? Anybody else have to wait a week or two for an answer or training date? I'm still hoping to be in the July class...

astofila 06-23-2016 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by lineupandhold (Post 2149541)
I had an interview a week ago... It went well and jived with the gouges posted on here. My times are roughly 1160TT, 750 ME, 700 ME turbine, 550 PIC, 130 turbine PIC, 120 instrument -and the one that's killing me: 400XC (including point-to-point). I'll hit 1200 in no time but my flying consists of military para-jump/para-drop so not a lot of XC opportunities other than flying to the airport/AFB at the beginning and end of the contract. I received an email a few days ago asking when I think I'd hit Capt minimums, which I replied, but there's really no specific time frame since my XC time is creeping along. Haven't heard anything since.
Any ideas? Anybody else have to wait a week or two for an answer or training date? I'm still hoping to be in the July class...

from what i heard they need captains badly i got 1202TT had my interview last week and got a call this week offering me a BE99 position. July class date

frmrbuffdrvr 06-23-2016 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by lineupandhold (Post 2149541)

I would really bug them when you get the XC to about 460+. You should do about that much flying during line training and it will almost ALL be XC. That would get you to 500 by the time you check.

lineupandhold 06-23-2016 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by astofila (Post 2149582)
from what i heard they need captains badly i got 1202TT had my interview last week and got a call this week offering me a BE99 position. July class date

Awesome! Do you know which base you got yet? Still hoping to join you in the July class...

dribz 06-23-2016 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by TheFly (Post 2149328)
Just curious, what's your flying background and TT?

480 TT and was a previous CFI. Will be able to hit 500 by around July 10th cause I have a few flights planned out. They said I need to hit 500 to qualify to get hired. I have 184 ME though. Mostly with ATP flight school and renting the DA42.