Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

ATCGUY 07-06-2016 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2156228)
Yoda's plan isn't too bad, particularly with the pension.

That being said, you still have a few hours to go before you would really fit our profile. You did say you still need to get your commercial and you don't mention if you have your MEL rating yet. You would need both of those to come here. On top of that, you are about 2-300 hours shy to come on as an E120 FO and about 4-500 hour shy of what we look for our other FO positions.

Let me explain. The goal with every pilot we hire is for them to be captain in one of our planes. The only plane we absolutely need an FO to fly every day is our E120s. We like to hire E120 FOs at about 600-800 hours because then they will be in the 120 for about a year before they hit 1200 hours. That is the magic number for Part 135 operations. That is what you need to be an IFR captain on a 135 flight.

For our other aircraft, the main reason we hire FOs is to get pilots in the door and get them up to their 1200 TT as soon as possible with as little expense on our part. We don't want you flying around in the right seat drawing a pay check for a year or more. We would prefer 3-4 months. That is why we look for pilots closer to 1200.

All of that being said, when you get closer to the numbers we are looking for, PHX would probably be a great location for you. We currently have two E120s operating from there and once you get 1200 hours and move to the left seat of a BE99 there are plenty of runs to fly.

I appreciate the response. No, no multi-time yet. But within the last 2 years of my ATC career, I will work on all the above. I should be in the "profile" of what you guys are looking for.

Just curious...on the MMHO run, do they do any other stops down in Mexico?

Thanks again!

ATCGUY 07-06-2016 04:55 AM

Any of you Amflight guys want a tour of the TRACON/TWR?

Hit me up by PM...

frmrbuffdrvr 07-07-2016 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by ATCGUY (Post 2156681)
I appreciate the response. No, no multi-time yet. But within the last 2 years of my ATC career, I will work on all the above. I should be in the "profile" of what you guys are looking for.

Just curious...on the MMHO run, do they do any other stops down in Mexico?

Thanks again!

Just down and back from what I can tell.

metallicra 07-08-2016 06:05 AM

I just interviewed for F/O position and went very well. Does anyone know how many F/Os are waiting in the hiring pool to start?

frmrbuffdrvr 07-09-2016 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by metallicra (Post 2158003)
I just interviewed for F/O position and went very well. Does anyone know how many F/Os are waiting in the hiring pool to start?

Is it for an E120 or one of the other planes?

metallicra 07-09-2016 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2158721)
Is it for an E120 or one of the other planes?

Yes, for EMB-120

vadermonkey 07-09-2016 10:34 PM

Hey all, I've been here about four months now. I'm liking it so far, the maintenance/flying is great. However, I'm having some serious problems with the dispatchers out of salt lake. Do you company guys know any appropriate channel to voice my concern? My base manager is a great guy but he's got too much on his plate, and is leaving soon. If anyone has had any similar problems please let me know how to handle it in a pm. Additionally I would like to say that Amflight is a great company, with great pay and flying, I'm just attempting to address a minor concern here.

Thanks in advance

APC225 07-17-2016 05:22 PM

And then there's this from the most recent UpFront News, Flight Ops Update, "We have closed the first round of displacements for the 787 fleet. The 737 fleet displacements are being finalized now and will be issued after the July 4 holiday."

Jetlife 07-18-2016 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by APC225 (Post 2163142)
And then there's this from the most recent UpFront News, Flight Ops Update, "We have closed the first round of displacements for the 787 fleet. The 737 fleet displacements are being finalized now and will be issued after the July 4 holiday."

These AMF rumors are getting out of hand lol.

frmrbuffdrvr 07-20-2016 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by APC225 (Post 2163142)

I think you're on the wrong thread, dude.