Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Dak in back 08-13-2016 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by GreenWater (Post 2179637)
I applied for FO on the 120 but in the interview the recruiter suggested FO on the Metro or 1900 to build time quicker. Will have to wait until next week to see if I even get an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man that's slave wage bs! Are you an MEI? If you can get a couple hundred ME hrs you can go right in on the 99 as a CA. And you won't have to live in (as much) abject poverty!

GreenWater 08-13-2016 09:48 AM

Thanks Dak. Appreciate the willingness to help buddy.

GreenWater 08-13-2016 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dak in back (Post 2179642)
Oh man that's slave wage bs! Are you an MEI? If you can get a couple hundred ME hrs you can go right in on the 99 as a CA. And you won't have to live in (as much) abject poverty!

I wish I was man.

Dak in back 08-13-2016 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by GreenWater (Post 2179646)
I wish I was man.

Hmm well if you can handle the pay and don't have to do it for a really long time, then go for it and get that upgrade ASAP.

GreenWater 08-13-2016 10:04 AM

Sent you a PM.

Dak in back 08-13-2016 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by GreenWater (Post 2179637)
I applied for FO on the 120 but in the interview the recruiter suggested FO on the Metro or 1900 to build time quicker. Will have to wait until next week to see if I even get an offer.

Also, the Metro has a certain machismo to it, but the 1900 will be better for transitioning into the 99. You can always upgrade to a Metro as a CA, but if you do the FO thing, getting used to a 1900 will make for an easy transition into the 99 later on.

GreenWater 08-13-2016 10:13 AM

We'll see what happens.

pilot93 08-13-2016 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dak in back (Post 2179642)

If I remember right FO pay is they same on the 120, 1900, & metro.

Jetlife 08-13-2016 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dak in back (Post 2179550)
AMF has seen departures of a chief pilot, director of safety, the firing of a CFO, an innumerable other changes to base and mid level management. Not a stable company at the moment. This is a good place to get some turbine, but not one to make a career. If QoL had been better id have stayed. At outstation bases a you WILL fly 6 days a week. You WILL load your airplane with zero compensation for doing UPS' job. I was told by the recruiter "we don't fly weekends and we don't touch boxes." Your requests for time off will not be granted. On the plus side it's some of the most enjoyable flying you can get paid for. You'll sharpen your IFR skills very quickly, and AMF time is universally respected. If corporate got their **** together this would be a GREAT place to work. Don't expect much from corporate and you won't be disappointed.

AMF has never, and will never be a career destination for a career track pilot. It is a career destination for people who are disinterested in furthering their careers. I don't mean that as a knock although I know it comes off as such. The percentage of people that make a career of AMF or any feeder is very small, and it is especially small at AMF.

You basically said "if AMF changes everything, they would be a great place to work," well that is the case with every company that lacks career stability. The last thing I will add is that it isn't so much that AMF time is universally respected, it is that turbine multi is generally universally accepted. Nobody in my hiring team at my current job knew what AMF was, but made note that it was single pilot freight.

GreenWater 08-13-2016 10:30 PM

31k right?