Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 11-25-2016 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by TransMach (Post 2249628)
That's BS. It isn't struck work. Bring a B767 or other large airplane on property and fly a trip that was being flown by ABX Air, that's truck work. Carrying DHL cargo on a Metro isn't.

TM

There are unionized carriers out of CVG who threw in their support and didn't fly their routes either (ie Southern), good for them, sounds like a worthy cause to me. Agreed you don't pick up struck work, but the idea that they can mark you as a scab for flying your own contract... someone explain it to me, I'm listening.

frmrbuffdrvr 11-25-2016 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2249409)
You can sell anything you want online, the lack of people coming in the door, and the flood of those leaving should speak volumes. But you're right, I have no insider information lol. All the airplanes are expertly and professionally maintained to the highest caliper humanly possible. They aren't clapped out hunks of bolts. For somebody that works for AMF you really live in a bubble, which isn't a shock as you are 1 of only 6 happily employed management types out of the thousands that have gone through the doors there.

I've never said the planes were perfect. They're old and need constant work. But I can't think of any that I would refer to as "bucket of bolts."

As for the autopilots, every type rated aircraft has one. Some work better than others. I don't know a percentage, but many BE99s have them as well. In fact, we were the company that loaned a BE99 to S-Tech so they could develop the STC to put their autopilots IN a BE99.

BTW, I think you meant caliber, not caliper.

frmrbuffdrvr 11-25-2016 08:45 AM

That's BS. It isn't struck work. Bring a B767 or other large airplane on property and fly a trip that was being flown by ABX Air, that's truck work. Carrying DHL cargo on a Metro isn't.

TM

Good to see you're still skimming the boards, TM. ;)

When you gonna be in Dallas? Or SAT, since I'm spending about half my time down there these days. We need to get a bite and catch up.

godsnotapilot 11-26-2016 08:58 AM

Does any body know if there are opportunities to pick up extra shifts or any other ways to make extra money while working at Ameriflight?

own nav 11-26-2016 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by godsnotapilot (Post 2250308)
Does any body know if there are opportunities to pick up extra shifts or any other ways to make extra money while working at Ameriflight?

Yes. TDY, repositioning, extra legs, a sixth day on nonoutstation based based run, fly with Eagle Jet FOs.... It all adds up to thousands on top of your base pay.

KSCessnaDriver 11-26-2016 11:14 AM

TM

Carrying DHL cargo on a route that they don't normally fly certainly could be struck work...

Jetlife 11-26-2016 11:17 AM

If a Metro, or any plane for that matter, flew work that an ABX 767 would have normally flown that day out of CVG, that is flying struck work, no room for argument. Not saying that happened at all, but that is absolutely struck work, and if that occurred, rest assure 1224 and the pilot group will make it very public, with names.

USMCFLYR 11-26-2016 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2250405)
If a Metro, or any plane for that matter, flew work that an ABX 767 would have normally flown that day out of CVG, that is flying struck work, no room for argument. Not saying that happened at all, but that is absolutely struck work, and if that occurred, rest assure 1224 and the pilot group will make it very public, with names.

KCD said 'on a route that they normally wouldn't fly' - and that seems to make sense. But you seem to elude to that if they flew additional cargo to one of their locations that ABX might also fly to would be flying struck work. Is that correct?

If so - - I've wondered about this in the past.
That sounds like you are saying that if Delta went on strike and I wanted to get to DC, but I instead flew on United - then United flew struck pax.

Jetlife 11-26-2016 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 2250588)
KCD said 'on a route that they normally wouldn't fly' - and that seems to make sense. But you seem to elude to that if they flew additional cargo to one of their locations that ABX might also fly to would be flying struck work. Is that correct?

If so - - I've wondered about this in the past.
That sounds like you are saying that if Delta went on strike and I wanted to get to DC, but I instead flew on United - then United flew struck pax.

No no, what I am saying is that ABX conducted the strike in CVG. Any work that would have normally been on an ABX flight that was flown out by another airplane, is flying struck work.

If Delta went on strike, and you as a United pilot crossed the picket line to go fly, I wouldn't want to be anywhere around you. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Now if a United crew was tasked to fly Delta passengers because Delta was on strike, yes that would be scabbing.

I am not implying that AMF did anything wrong, but the lines could be blurred pretty easily. Flying any DHL supported runs out of CVG could easily be considered flying struck work.

USMCFLYR 11-27-2016 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2250594)
No no, what I am saying is that ABX conducted the strike in CVG. Any work that would have normally been on an ABX flight that was flown out by another airplane, is flying struck work.

If Delta went on strike, and you as a United pilot crossed the picket line to go fly, I wouldn't want to be anywhere around you. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Now if a United crew was tasked to fly Delta passengers because Delta was on strike, yes that would be scabbing.

I am not implying that AMF did anything wrong, but the lines could be blurred pretty easily. Flying any DHL supported runs out of CVG could easily be considered flying struck work.

Exactly.......
I'm on Delta flight (or booked on Delta) - the strike happens and I am rebooked on United. You would consider United to be flying 'struck work'?

When you say 'tasked to fly Delta passengers' - give me a scenario here.

How might the crew even know which passengers (or cargo for that matter) might have been rerouted and is actually 'struck work'?