Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

CRJ700Master 01-13-2017 02:47 PM

Be careful about jumping ship to Omni. Management has threatened the pilot group that airplanes will be sold and furlough notices mailed if the pilots won't accept the forced proposal from them. The pilot group is going to vote NO on anything less than what is asked, so if you leave your flying gig now, you will be furloughed sooner then later. BE CAREFUL.

Jetlife 01-14-2017 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop (Post 2278704)
The one thing everybody should give Ameriflight is that the company has endured. I'm class of 1988-89 and it's one of two companies still in business over my career.

It's endoured on the backs of its employees. I will give AMF that.

jonnyjetprop 01-16-2017 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2281453)
It's endoured on the backs of its employees. I will give AMF that.

Slaves were freed years ago. I assume you were a volunteer. I was one too.

foxtroutuniform 01-18-2017 03:44 PM

Does anyone have any intel on Flap Operator slots coming available.

PT6 Flyer 01-22-2017 09:00 AM

Ameriflight is advertising a VFR-only PA31 pilot position at Phoenix.

https://ameriflight.hrmdirect.com/em...ampaign=Indeed

Will these flights not be filing IFR flight plans? If an airport is IMC, will flights to that airport be postponed or cancelled?

Gapilot 01-22-2017 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by PT6 Flyer (Post 2286149)

Will these flights not be filing IFR flight plans? If an airport is IMC, will flights to that airport be postponed or cancelled?

I wonder if there any Ameriflight pilot that are doing the CA VFR pilot and is it possible to be able to go home on weekend or can a person be able to do a two week on and two week off deal or are you working every week? I am thinking of putting in for the VFR pilot position, because I would like to get a flying job and if I get hired I work to where I can move back to the Northwest when I can move to the IFR 135 job in either the PDX or SEA. The reason is I have a family and I wonder if anyone was able to do something like this while having a young kid with the spouse working at the same time.

Thanks for any tips or response to my question

sobo 01-22-2017 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by PT6 Flyer (Post 2286149)

They will be on a VFR flight plan. These "VFR only" jobs are a way for Ameriflight to hire captains at 800 hours and help them get to 1200 hours so they can be an regular captain at the company. The flight will not go if the weather is IFR. However, in PHX and ABQ - this is rarely a thing.

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 2286424)
I wonder if there any Ameriflight pilot that are doing the CA VFR pilot and is it possible to be able to go home on weekend or can a person be able to do a two week on and two week off deal or are you working every week? I am thinking of putting in for the VFR pilot position, because I would like to get a flying job and if I get hired I work to where I can move back to the Northwest when I can move to the IFR 135 job in either the PDX or SEA. The reason is I have a family and I wonder if anyone was able to do something like this while having a young kid with the spouse working at the same time.

Thanks for any tips or response to my question

I would assume not. The company isn't exactly desperate for VFR only drivers. Like I said above, it's simply a way to turn an unqualified candidate into a qualified IFR captain, fast, and under the AMF umbrella.

If I was you, I would apply for a EMB-120 First officer position as there are three EMB's in PDX and SEA. Beech 99 positions are easy to come by in PDX after you reach 1200 hours.

Gapilot 01-22-2017 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2286430)
They will be on a VFR flight plan. These "VFR only" jobs are a way for Ameriflight to hire captains at 800 hours and help them get to 1200 hours so they can be an regular captain at the company. The flight will not go if the weather is IFR. However, in PHX and ABQ - this is rarely a thing.

I would assume not. The company isn't exactly desperate for VFR only drivers. Like I said above, it's simply a way to turn an unqualified candidate into a qualified IFR captain, fast, and under the AMF umbrella.

If I was you, I would apply for a EMB-120 First officer position as there are three EMB's in PDX and SEA. Beech 99 positions are easy to come by in PDX after you reach 1200 hours.

Just to be sure I understand, for someone like me who has a family, it more recommened that I go for the FO spot on the Emb-120 then try and get on as a VFR Capt? Sound like if I went and get hired as a VFR CA it would be tough to get chance to be home, which I would be away for awhile till I get the 1200 hour to move over to the PDX or SEA to fly the Beech 99.

I went to the Ameriflight website and it look like they had bumped up their requirement for the FO it went from 500 to 800 TT. I am guessing they have alot of people in the pool for the Emb-120 but it doesnt show just for the aircraft it just states FO requirements. maybe you might know sobo are they putting fo on the other aircraft the 1900 and the the metro?

sobo 01-22-2017 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 2286437)
Just to be sure I understand, for someone like me who has a family, it more recommened that I go for the FO spot on the Emb-120 then try and get on as a VFR Capt? Sound like if I went and get hired as a VFR CA it would be tough to get chance to be home, which I would be away for awhile till I get the 1200 hour to move over to the PDX or SEA to fly the Beech 99.

I went to the Ameriflight website and it look like they had bumped up their requirement for the FO it went from 500 to 800 TT. I am guessing they have alot of people in the pool for the Emb-120 but it doesnt show just for the aircraft it just states FO requirements. maybe you might know sobo are they putting fo on the other aircraft the 1900 and the the metro?

Get on the E-120 and stay on it until 1200. Otherwise be prepared to sacrifice your home life until you hit 1200.

They do put people as first officers in the Metro and the B1900, but not in the PNW. This is typically high-time only runs and will land you doing glow flights in the east.

We are a 4.5 days on, 2.5 days off company. Home based captains and system wide reserve is typically only for B99 and larger equipment captains only.