Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

radish 01-27-2017 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 2288426)
I had just recently looked at ameriflight pilot requirement page and they have an item there that say Part 135 Captain with ameriflight waiver. I wonder what they mean by with ameriflight waiver which show a total time of 1000 for people that can apply under that. Did the company happen to get an approval from the FAA or how does that work for someone that does not meet the IFR requirement? do they put them on as a VFR Captain because there was nothing show a difference between this being a VFR position or will be flying under the IFR position.

However, I am bummed that they raised the First Officer requirement from 500 to 800 total now. :( I hope it would come back down again so that I can put in for it in the future but i will continue to find way to build that time to where I could get a shot to get in.

Also does anyone know if they will be appearing at the Northwest Aviation Trade show this Feb 24-26? I am going to attend it to get some good information and maybe find a chance for a job as a part time pilot or as an Advance Ground Instructor position.

I also saw the "ameriflight waiver" on their website. Does anyone have any information on that?

newpilotusa 01-29-2017 04:28 PM

How competitive are the VFR Only Captain jobs? Are many applying?

PT6 Flyer 01-30-2017 01:40 PM

Ameriflight is now advertising a PA31 job in ABQ requiring only 500 hours. (At least I'm pretty sure it's Ameriflight.)

https://www.pilothiring.com/pilot-jo...A31-23637.html

sobo 01-30-2017 05:49 PM

Not too sure if the waiver is in effect yet, and I'm not too sure what the restrictions will be. I will call the recruiting department and see what the deal is.

The VFR captain positions aren't super competitive, they typically get people who are less experienced on multi-engine aircraft to fly them if I recall correctly.

PILOTO74 02-01-2017 06:49 PM

Hi Guys, a little help here , 1300TT/ 100 ME/ 80 SIC Phenom 100. Live in PHX and thinking AMF to avoid commute so the questions are:

-Can I request PHX to the recruiter and expect that to be granted??
-I understand you basically get out real early and fly the route back to PHX, late afternoon.Do you get a hotel to rest or just have to be sitting at the FBO?
-The $35 perdiem is paid for this flights M-F?

Any info is greatly appreciated

DarkSideMoon 02-01-2017 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by PILOTO74 (Post 2292916)
Hi Guys, a little help here , 1300TT/ 100 ME/ 80 SIC Phenom 100. Live in PHX and thinking AMF to avoid commute so the questions are:

-I understand you basically get out real early and fly the route back to PHX, late afternoon.Do you get a hotel to rest or just have to be sitting at the FBO?

Phenom 100 SIC?

own nav 02-02-2017 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by PILOTO74 (Post 2292916)

Yes, you will likely get PHX if you make it a condition of employment, yes they provide a hotel (in a few cases a company apartment) on an all day layover. No, you don't get per diem unless you are away from your base for more than 24 hours (ie TDY).

kcartwright27 02-02-2017 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon (Post 2292967)
Phenom 100 SIC?

Does that seem odd to you ?

bajthejino 02-04-2017 07:59 AM

Anyone home based? Curious to hear how thats going for you.