Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Ticon 02-07-2017 03:15 PM

Is there any VFR Captain hiring going on? What are they flying per month? Same pay as IFR Capts? Do you stay on air frame/base at IFR mins or can you move to another?

Gapilot 02-08-2017 03:54 PM

found anything out on the waiver?

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2291516)
Not too sure if the waiver is in effect yet, and I'm not too sure what the restrictions will be. I will call the recruiting department and see what the deal is.

The VFR captain positions aren't super competitive, they typically get people who are less experienced on multi-engine aircraft to fly them if I recall correctly.

hey Sobo,

I was wondering if you heard anything about that waiver and what it gear toward i.e. VFR 135 for IFR 135 or is it a Captain slot?

Thanks for looking into that.

own nav 02-08-2017 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 2297689)
hey Sobo,

I was wondering if you heard anything about that waiver and what it gear toward i.e. VFR 135 for IFR 135 or is it a Captain slot?

It's a captain thing after a couple hundred hours in the SIC program. Essentially bridges the gap between VFR and IFR mins, and has it's own restrictions.

I'd love to post the details, but I've only heard it by word of mouth, and we want to be 100% accurate when we post things on here. I'd like to see it in writing.

Gapilot 02-08-2017 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2297741)
It's a captain thing after a couple hundred hours in the SIC program. Essentially bridges the gap between VFR and IFR mins, and has it's own restrictions.

I'd love to post the details, but I've only heard it by word of mouth, and we want to be 100% accurate when we post things on here. I'd like to see it in writing.

Thanks own nav, at least it kinda give some what an idea but I hope you will get some more details about it and like you said you rather put the right information then put something up that could be wrong.

Also, I was curious what the possible chance that a base would welcome a person that interested in wanting to check out the aircraft and talk to a few people to get an idea of the operations because I would like to check out the PDX base and been wondering about it since I work for UPS years ago as a ramp agent when I did the load and unload ofnthe aircraft and it was cool seeing the BE99 and PA31.

sobo 02-09-2017 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 2297689)
hey Sobo,

Sorry, I have yet to get a chance to ask the recruiting department.

Anyone in line for an EMB-120 FO slot, chances look good you will be called soon if you haven't already. We have one spare first officer fleet wide, and he is departing on the 15th. I know we lost two or three others in these past couple months as well.

jrav8r 02-13-2017 10:07 AM

Can anyone give insight in to see if Captains are being hired with Ameriflights preferred mins?

higherclimb 02-16-2017 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by jrav8r (Post 2300748)
Can anyone give insight in to see if Captains are being hired with Ameriflights preferred mins?

I think regular mins gets you an interview.

99842 02-17-2017 05:13 AM

FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit

Sorry if this has been discussed before; I'm not on very often. I had a FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit many years ago. It costs $70 for a replacement. Is this truly a hiring requirement at Ameriflight? Thank you.

Positiveg 02-17-2017 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by 99842 (Post 2303450)
Sorry if this has been discussed before; I'm not on very often. I had a FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit many years ago. It costs $70 for a replacement. Is this truly a hiring requirement at Ameriflight? Thank you.

Not sure if still the case, but it used to be that if you change your address they issue a free replacement. So you could just slightly change something online and they'd mail you a replacement.

own nav 02-18-2017 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by jrav8r (Post 2300748)

Assuming by preferred mins you mean 1200 hours and a few other requirements, that is essentially the legal minimum to be a captain under IFR requirements. If you have 800 hours or more, they will likely be interested in putting you in the right seat until you meet captain requirements.