Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

godsnotapilot 02-20-2017 09:08 PM

Hilarious when people try to blame failed checkrides on anyone but themselves.

own nav 02-21-2017 09:46 AM

Having a washout on your PRIA isn't necessarily a career killer. The point is what you do afterward. If you can demonstrate that you learned from your experience and it made you better pilot, I'm sure there's many interviewers who will see a positive attitude and career progression as a definite plus. In some cases, not having a failure may show that you haven't been pushed to your true potential.

Keep blaming everyone else, well, it doesn't make a good first impression to say the least. We have just demonstrated that on the last page.

I, for one, am not laughing, best of luck expat1. Keep the chip on your shoulder, but use it to make you a better pilot. Show everyone they were wrong. When you do, come back and post it on here. Again, good luck.

frmrbuffdrvr 02-21-2017 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1expat (Post 2304660)
Two good reasons to AVOID AMERIFLIGHT.
Antiquated equipment, single pilot in an aircraft designed for two pilots. Pilot funerals are depressing.
PRIA Do two pilot duties in old equipment with marginal training and you are setting yourself up for a failed check ride, which is exactly what Ameriflight wants. Ameriflight runs a washout program. Your PRIA record will haunt you when you interview with legitimate airlines.

Originally Posted by 1expat (Post 2305474)
Go there, have and accident, or fail a check ride, because you are one person , not two. Then see how successful you are at getting with a career carrier. If that's all your career is worth to you, you deserve Ameriflight.
I suppose a safety record with no crashes since June 30, 2015 is what one should strive for.
Look at the Phoenix crash, 2012. The pilot was supposed to maintain currency in two different types of aircraft, a practice Amrieflight continues until this day. There is a reason, written in blood why 121 carriers are not allowed to do this.
Look at wikipedia. This is not worth the risk. Ever wonder what your new bride will look like dressed in black?

Gotta love it when a troll creates a new profile just to jump in and slam a company, mostly with unsubstantiated allegations.

Every airplane we fly single pilot is certified by the FAA to be flown that way. The only airplane we have that was designed exclusively to be flown two pilot is the E120. And guess what? That is how we fly it. Always.

Why would we WANT someone to fail a check ride? We are short pilots. We have given pilots several weeks of line training in order to try to get them where they can pass a check ride and be safe, efficient pilots. Have we washed a few out even after that? Yes. And trust me, they were never going to be safe in the aircraft.

As for currency in multiple aircraft, I have been current in two aircraft for about half of my flying career, even a few years while in the Air Force. All were aircraft that either require a type rating or WOULD require one if they were civilian planes.

Originally Posted by 1expat (Post 2305680)
I rest my case. Ameriflight management doing their best to ruin your PRIA record.

That is such an ignorant statement.

Yeah, we make it our mission to ruin people's PRIA record. That way they will have to stay with us. <smh>

chubakabrah 02-21-2017 10:29 AM

frmrbuffdrvr, Thank you sir.

I'm a wet commercial pilot doing all the research I can on companies that I want to pursue and fly for. I get excited about Ameriflight as I research them and how they can help me become a better pilot because of the type of flying their pilots do.

It's a gut punch right in the emotions when I read some of the troll comments and it's encouraging to see an actual experienced Ameriflight pilot stepping in to defend.

As an older person who grew up in a different era, I don't relate to younger entitled brats that live this troll life and your post helps me put my final decision on who I want to fly for.

To all the younger entitled brats out there, **** you big pussies. Life is hard and it's not fair and it's the hard road of life that makes it so sweet in the end.

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2306041)
Gotta love it when a troll creates a new profile just to jump in and slam a company, mostly with unsubstantiated allegations.

Every airplane we fly single pilot is certified by the FAA to be flown that way. The only airplane we have that was designed exclusively to be flown two pilot is the E120. And guess what? That is how we fly it. Always.

Why would we WANT someone to fail a check ride? We are short pilots. We have given pilots several weeks of line training in order to try to get them where they can pass a check ride and be safe, efficient pilots. Have we washed a few out even after that? Yes. And trust me, they were never going to be safe in the aircraft.

As for currency in multiple aircraft, I have been current in two aircraft for about half of my flying career, even a few years while in the Air Force. All were aircraft that either require a type rating or WOULD require one if they were civilian planes.

That is such an ignorant statement.

Yeah, we make it our mission to ruin people's PRIA record. That way they will have to stay with us. <smh>

thehead 02-27-2017 06:04 PM

Recent AMF guy here who went into jets and bored out of my mind. Might even turn around and get back into the freight dog life again to get my blood pumping finally.

Not exactly sure what airplanes you're so scared of, but the rigorous training exists to make you the kind of pilot you SHOULD be for every job you have going forward in your career. If you can't fly a light or midsized twin on your own and deal with emergencies, you shouldn't be in the left seat hauling dozens of passengers in the back. The number of inexperienced right seat pilots I've seen at regionals and jet charter companies is nuts. Sure you can check the boxes and fly well enough two crew, but damn if those guys don't **** the bed once things actually get complicated and thinking outside the box is required.

Chieftain is a blast for the new guys, but the descending + stage cooling always bites them in the ass so it "seems" scary. Beech-99 can be flown with your arms tied behind your back, especially after dealing with the fun of the chieftain, just don't over-torque it. 1900 is just a big 99. Only real difference is you can't broom the snow off the tail at the outstation. Metro requires special earplugs when you're within 100 yards of it, sucks ass in wind, and you have to pretend you're climbing a ladder every time you shut down and spin the props. Brasilia is just boring because you have to split the fun with an extra crew member.

Go fly freight because you want to know you have what it takes to be the captain and the decision maker. Have fun, and live a little, and have some real stories to tell about scary **** that happened and about the fun times with your co-workers hiding under a wing during a downpour when the big jet was late to bring you boxes. Don't end up as one of those jaded captains in 30 years who goes on APC forums and talks **** to everyone in the crew lounge because they don't have any fun stories about the time they actually had to shoot an approach that wasn't a coupled ILS or LPV. God forbid you actually touch the yoke above 400'!

After you've had your fill then you can go cry about union contracts and seniority numbers and ****ty crew meals and how much you hate commuting all the time on your days off. You're going to be doing this for 30-40 years people, have some fun with it.

higherclimb 02-27-2017 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by thehead (Post 2310381)
Recent AMF guy here who went into jets and bored out of my mind. Might even turn around and get back into the freight dog life again to get my blood pumping finally.

Not exactly sure what airplanes you're so scared of, but the rigorous training exists to make you the kind of pilot you SHOULD be for every job you have going forward in your career. If you can't fly a light or midsized twin on your own and deal with emergencies, you shouldn't be in the left seat hauling dozens of passengers in the back. The number of inexperienced right seat pilots I've seen at regionals and jet charter companies is nuts. Sure you can check the boxes and fly well enough two crew, but damn if those guys don't **** the bed once things actually get complicated and thinking outside the box is required.

Chieftain is a blast for the new guys, but the descending + stage cooling always bites them in the ass so it "seems" scary. Beech-99 can be flown with your arms tied behind your back, especially after dealing with the fun of the chieftain, just don't over-torque it. 1900 is just a big 99. Only real difference is you can't broom the snow off the tail at the outstation. Metro requires special earplugs when you're within 100 yards of it, sucks ass in wind, and you have to pretend you're climbing a ladder every time you shut down and spin the props. Brasilia is just boring because you have to split the fun with an extra crew member.

Go fly freight because you want to know you have what it takes to be the captain and the decision maker. Have fun, and live a little, and have some real stories to tell about scary **** that happened and about the fun times with your co-workers hiding under a wing during a downpour when the big jet was late to bring you boxes. Don't end up as one of those jaded captains in 30 years who goes on APC forums and talks **** to everyone in the crew lounge because they don't have any fun stories about the time they actually had to shoot an approach that wasn't a coupled ILS or LPV. God forbid you actually touch the yoke above 400'!

After you've had your fill then you can go cry about union contracts and seniority numbers and ****ty crew meals and how much you hate commuting all the time on your days off. You're going to be doing this for 30-40 years people, have some fun with it.

AMEN!!! This the best thing I've read on this forum. I hope you young pilots are paying attention here...

jumpseatguru 02-28-2017 11:53 AM

anyone have any info of ameriflight Miami operations ? schedules or runs ?

sobo 02-28-2017 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by jumpseatguru (Post 2310823)
anyone have any info of ameriflight Miami operations ? schedules or runs ?

Miami base is closed.

99842 03-02-2017 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by thehead (Post 2310381)

This post has been awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Literary Excellence.

Javichu 03-02-2017 10:20 AM

hey guys,how many hours are the brasilia F/O flying on average? I read a few pages ago about 20-30h/month (PDX). is it pretty much the same in other bases?

where are the brasilias based?

thanks!