Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 03-14-2017 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Space Ranger (Post 2320388)
Any word on new bases?

Another "best question ever." He, he, joking aside, most bases are minimally staffed right now. I'm sure there's lots of opportunity to expand out there, and AMF has the equipment, but without a few dozen more pilots I don't foresee any new bases in the near future.

own nav 03-14-2017 02:07 PM

@Daytona7KCAB, yep there's a bunch of questions in there I would like to see answers to as well. For now, there are 2 separate pilot groups, so for the moment I don't see it possible to transition from a Wiggins BE99 to an AMF Metro without starting over on you seniority date, but who knows.

shoestrings1229 03-14-2017 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Daytona7KCAB (Post 2320347)

So while I'm in the process of building my night time hopefully you guys can answer some questions I have. Here goes..

1) Does anyone know what the deal with Wiggins / Ameriflight is? I heard AMF bought WIG in 2014. When I see open positions for MHT on the AMF site it refers to Wiggins. I live closest to MHT at the moment.

2) I would like to start on the BE99 and move into the 1900 or even Metro (I hear they make more $ in the metro?) If I were to move to DFW could I train there, start in the BE99 and move up to the bigger aircraft without relocating? I'd really like to stay at a base and not have to move several times.

3) Is a 4 year degree required? I have an associates in aviation science but currently half way thru my bachelors in business at night.

4) Could I become a training captain to make a little extra $? What's involved and how long would it take to become one?

5) I make about $85K a year now between my truck driving & flight instructing. Is making close to that after 2-3 years unrealistic at AMF?

I'm really looking at AMF as a career move for me. Not just to get some turbine pic and leave after 6 months. For some reason the airlines have never really interested me. I'd really like to move into a captains position on the 1900 or metro and eventually the Embraer. Maybe end up in the Carribean if they have some runs down there.

Anyway, any input you guys would be appreciated.. thanks!

1. Ameriflight owns Wiggins. Run separately though. If you want to work at MHT apply to Wiggins solely.

2. Money at Ameriflight goes E120, B1900/Metro, 99/PA31 E120 FO. You can stay at a base and move to other aircraft as long as there is a spot open (and you have been in that airplane for at least 6 months).

3. No degree required and they wouldn't notice anyway

4. Yes you could, not 100% on the process but I believe how well you do in training will reflect if they offer it to you later on.

5. It's unrealistic unless you're an E120 Captain and you accrue some other bonuses, training captain etc. Start is $65K

Hope that helps

shoestrings1229 03-14-2017 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by hittman31 (Post 2320362)
Is working a 2 week on 2 week off schedule possible if you commute to your base from somewhere else? With jumpseat agreements I think this could be possible but not sure if they would go for it.

Thanks

No 2 weeks on/off schedule. You can commute, best advice is to make sure there are multiple flights to your base and even better multi carriers that agreements are with

Jeff90 03-14-2017 04:33 PM

April 3rd class

I accepted the April 3rd class date be-99 captain anyone on here attending?

GearDwn 03-14-2017 05:26 PM

April 3rd Class

Originally Posted by Jeff90 (Post 2320650)
I accepted the April 3rd class date be-99 captain anyone on here attending?

How did you get them to return a call? I apply, get the standard email followed by another email with info and request to call them. I call multiple times and leave a message with no reply.

Jeff90 03-14-2017 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by GearDwn (Post 2320688)
How did you get them to return a call? I apply, get the standard email followed by another email with info and request to call them. I call multiple times and leave a message with no reply.

I just sent my resume and they called me be persistent they don't want people just to come work for them just to build time

GearDwn 03-14-2017 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff90 (Post 2320701)
I just sent my resume and they called me be persistent they don't want people just to come work for them just to build time

I appreciate the info. I have the ATP minimums and thought AMF would be a good fit for me. I fly to most of their PHX satellite airports on a regular basis. Hopefully I can make contact soon and get into the May class. Good luck!

towlowtrain77 03-14-2017 09:22 PM

How is the housing in general at the outstations? I am looking at pdx and the Caribbean.

Daytona7KCAB 03-15-2017 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by shoestrings1229 (Post 2320589)
1. Ameriflight owns Wiggins. Run separately though. If you want to work at MHT apply to Wiggins solely.

2. Money at Ameriflight goes E120, B1900/Metro, 99/PA31 E120 FO. You can stay at a base and move to other aircraft as long as there is a spot open (and you have been in that airplane for at least 6 months).

3. No degree required and they wouldn't notice anyway

4. Yes you could, not 100% on the process but I believe how well you do in training will reflect if they offer it to you later on.

5. It's unrealistic unless you're an E120 Captain and you accrue some other bonuses, training captain etc. Start is $65K

Hope that helps

Wiggins wants 200 multi according to the website. I've only got 50 right now. Any idea how strict they are on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk