Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

SVA402 04-17-2009 11:41 AM

Latest word at Ameriflight is all hiring suspended. Next class will likely be in June.

TangoBar 04-24-2009 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter2525 (Post 593282)
congrats mang. go buy urself a hand held gps.

Bah, you don't need a GPS to fly up there. They still use ADFs. The needles on those things always tell you... well, something. They definitely point in a direction. Sometimes several directions- that's like getting a bonus!

fjetter 05-03-2009 07:53 PM

This question is aimed at AMF, Airnet, Ram Air, etc. Do your companies give you an ATP if you have the qualifications when going through new hire training. I ask because its probably gonna be a while before they hire below ATP mins again.

TransMach 05-04-2009 01:36 AM

AMF and ATP's

At AMF getting an ATP as a result of new hire training is a "Not a Chance" ... why would a new employer improve your resume beyond their needs for a new hire. Are you kidding.

Although AMF doesn't fly cargo Learjets any more, even those captains didn't need an ATP. Their (most senior) passenger jet captains, YES. Cargo jet captains, NO (although they all have them).

AMF will provide you with an ATP after a year or two working as a PA31 or BE99 pilot ...

If you're looking for a way to get someone to pay for your ATP, look elsewhere.

TransMach

SD3FR8DOG 05-04-2009 08:59 AM

If your bonded by a contract why wouldn't they give you the ATP if you wanted it. A type ride is esentially the same.

fjetter 05-04-2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by SD3FR8DOG (Post 605354)
If your bonded by a contract why wouldn't they give you the ATP if you wanted it. A type ride is esentially the same.

That's what I was thinking, don't you have to perform to ATP standards for the 135 ride anyways?

loudgarrettdriver 05-04-2009 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by fjetter (Post 605391)
That's what I was thinking, don't you have to perform to ATP standards for the 135 ride anyways?

If they won't, take the written and rent a twin, take the ride and you'll have the ATP. Everything else is just an add-on.

From my experience, most insurance carriers at legit operations require and ATP.

Bottom line, a type ride is the same as an ATP ride wether you're in a Duchess or and Airbus. (Straight out of the FAA PTS) Why would you want to put a type on a commercial cert anyway? pretty useless.

SD3FR8DOG 05-04-2009 02:15 PM

Why would you want to put a type on a commercial cert anyway? pretty useless.
My place only requires 1200hrs for upgrade, so commercial with type rating it is. Other corporate jobs out there too where you can have a type on a commercial. e.g. Type rated f/o. I myself went and did the ATP written over a course of a weekend while in upgrade training so could get the ATP with the type.

Strobe 05-07-2009 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by insanelyradical (Post 499948)
Just to let everyone who has put in their stuff, I emailed my resume to the asst. chief pilot in PHX (I got his email address from a buddy who used to work there and knows him) on 11/7/08 and have not heard anything back yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything. Also looking for suggestions on what the next step should be. (ie. email him the same stuff again, email him saying I am still interested, send in my stuff normally, etc.) My times are 1450TT 400ME and i'm currently a CFI.

Was he expecting to hear from you via his email acct.?
If not, you may have risked alienating the ACP\CP by going around the normal App process and perhaps he did not appreciate receiving an email from a stranger, let alone a job applicant.. Think about it.? He was not made aware of your contacting him.

I would be cautious about doing it again.

Find someone that works there and is willing to vouch for you and walk in your resume.
Good luck to you,

freightdog 05-07-2009 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Strobe (Post 606685)
Was he expecting to hear from you via his email acct.?
If not, you may have risked alienating the ACP\CP by going around the normal App process and perhaps he did not appreciate receiving an email from a stranger, let alone a job applicant.. Think about it.? He was not made aware of your contacting him.

I would be cautious about doing it again.

Find someone that works there and is willing to vouch for you and walk in your resume.
Good luck to you,

Do it the way everyone else has been doing it. Go through the Burbank Flight Department. The ACP out in PHX has enough stuff to do right now, as do most of the base ACPs.