Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

yvpilot317 08-01-2017 11:20 AM

Do you anticipate any hiring for the EMB120 SIC anytime soon? thanks!

own nav 08-01-2017 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by yvpilot317 (Post 2402712)
Do you anticipate any hiring for the EMB120 SIC anytime soon? thanks!

There are 2 new E120 runs in ONT and GPI, captain bids just came out. Call recruiting to see if they have filled the FO spots.

lraber33 08-03-2017 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2402624)
Hi, there!

Here's the typical break down:
Pilot fills out our quick application (asks for basic info and times).
If you meet our mins, a recruiter will send you the longer application (goes in depth - like your work history, etc).
Once you fill that out, the recruiter will be alerted and will review it and call you. They'll go over your times, discuss your desires (where you want to be located, what aircraft, when you'll be available for training, etc.), and ask you some general HR questions. If you are good to go from there, they'll send you a link to a video interview called RIVs where you'll answer six flying-related questions. They'll be alerted when you submit it and will review your answers.
They will then give you a call and either offer you a position, ask you a few more questions, or tell you what they need from you.

The whole process can take as little as one day depending on how busy you are.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any other questions you have!

How long after the RIV does it take to hear back?

FreightDogs 08-07-2017 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by lraber33 (Post 2404253)
How long after the RIV does it take to hear back?

Typically, the day of or the day after depending on when you submit it.
If you don't hear something back relatively soon, feel free to ping your recruiter or even me. I can have them look it up and check you out!

BlueJacketGuy 08-10-2017 12:54 PM

Why the requirement for an FO to have both 500 TT and 500 PIC? From what I know Part 135 doesn't have a PIC time requirement on props.

frmrbuffdrvr 08-12-2017 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by BlueJacketGuy (Post 2408068)
Why the requirement for an FO to have both 500 TT and 500 PIC? From what I know Part 135 doesn't have a PIC time requirement on props.

You're right. I don't know. Was that in a post somewhere about available positions?

My guess it was a typo because to the best of my knowledge we have no PIC requirement for FO positions.

BlueJacketGuy 08-12-2017 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2409283)
You're right. I don't know. Was that in a post somewhere about available positions?

My guess it was a typo because to the best of my knowledge we have no PIC requirement for FO positions.

It's on the main site where the hours mins are. It would make sense to me if there were PIC mins your needed when becoming a Captain, but I checked part 135 and the crewmember mins didn't specify PIC time, only TT to act as PIC.

FreightDogs 08-14-2017 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by BlueJacketGuy (Post 2409291)
It's on the main site where the hours mins are. It would make sense to me if there were PIC mins your needed when becoming a Captain, but I checked part 135 and the crewmember mins didn't specify PIC time, only TT to act as PIC.

Hi!

Unfortunately, the PIC time is not a typo.
Our min for PIC time for First Officers in the EMB120 is 500.
It's not an FAA requirement, but a company requirement.
At times, it can be negotiable if your other times are pretty high, but for the most part, 500 is needed.
That usually means, you'll come in with 525+TT if you have the 500 PIC (since not all your time through training is PIC).

Feel free to ask more questions!

frmrbuffdrvr 08-14-2017 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2410566)
Hi!

At times, it can be negotiable if your other times are pretty high, but for the most part, 500 is needed.
That usually means, you'll come in with 525+TT if you have the 500 PIC (since not all your time through training is PIC).

Ok. So it is for the E120 but not the ACP? Or is it for both?

aeroengineer 08-14-2017 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2410566)
Hi!

Typically how many months will you have fly right seat to get the 700 or so additional hours to meet the 1200 hour part 135 mins needed to move to the left seat? Thanks