Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 08-24-2017 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2418830)
Hi!

Once you become an Ameriflight pilot, you may choose to enter the Allegiant program. Allegiant will then actively mentor you. You will be encouraged to participate in Allegiant-sponsored functions such as meet-and-greets with the regional chief pilots, ground school sessions, simulator observations, mentoring opportunities and jumpseating.

The agreement is open to all Ameriflight pilots regardless of seniority, equipment, seat position, or current position within the company. Both new pilots and pilots who currently fly for Ameriflight are eligible and encouraged to participate in the program.

Someone mentioned earlier that we have similar programs with several 121 operators. One caveat. You may only sign up and enter one program. If you change your mind about which program you wish to pursue, you must opt out of the one you are in before you can enter another one. This is a requirement of the operators, not Ameriflight.

Jetlife 08-24-2017 11:51 AM

There have only been 3 that went to Allegiant? That hiring program is like 3 years old almost. Figured more people would go.

FreightDogs 08-24-2017 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2419004)
There have only been 3 that went to Allegiant? That hiring program is like 3 years old almost. Figured more people would go.

It is a little less than a year old at the moment.
January 10th of 2017.

I attached the press release for reference.
We had something before, but it wasn't near as clear or backed.

Jetlife 08-24-2017 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2419014)
It is a little less than a year old at the moment.
January 10th of 2017.

I attached the press release for reference.
We had something before, but it wasn't near as clear or backed.

Yea I was referencing the 2014 announcement of an agreement. Glad to see it is taken more seriously now.

FreightDogs 08-24-2017 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2419023)
Yea I was referencing the 2014 announcement of an agreement. Glad to see it is taken more seriously now.

Me, too!
It wasn't much at all before.

Test Echo 45 08-24-2017 04:42 PM

Gentleman,
Thanks for the detailed replies. I will be retiring from the US Army in 14 months and looking for a new challenge after flying helicopters for the last 19 years. Most of my fellow army aviators are going to the various Rotorcraft Transition Programs offered by several airlines. For me personally, quality of life factors are more important than shiny jets. I have a ranch in central Texas so a job that would not require me to move is high on the list of what I'm looking for. Also, a job that offers a challenge and sense of accomplishment is also high on that list. I have just begun my ASEL add on to my rotorcraft inst/comm. ticket so I hope to finalize a clear path for after retirement in the coming months. Have a great day.

milldog60 08-24-2017 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2418830)
Hi!

The agreement with Allegiant ensures pilots entering the program a first officer position with Allegiant upon completion of outlined experience and training requirements (see below).

Once you become an Ameriflight pilot, you may choose to enter the Allegiant program. Allegiant will then actively mentor you. You will be encouraged to participate in Allegiant-sponsored functions such as meet-and-greets with the regional chief pilots, ground school sessions, simulator observations, mentoring opportunities and jumpseating.

The agreement is open to all Ameriflight pilots regardless of seniority, equipment, seat position, or current position within the company. Both new pilots and pilots who currently fly for Ameriflight are eligible and encouraged to participate in the program.

Meets the following requirements:
  • 2,500 hours total hours minimum broken down as follows:1,500 hours to ATP
    § 1,500 hours to ATP
    § A type-rated pilot for Ameriflight with an additional 1,000 hours as PIC for Ameriflight
    § In addition, the Pilot must complete a minimum of 24 months flying the line as a pilot for Ameriflight (i.e. 24 months after completion of OE). This requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis upon mutual agreement between the Ameriflight Chief Pilot and the Allegiant Chief Pilot (or their designees).
    1) Recommended for the training slot at Allegiant by either the Chief Pilot or Director of Training at Ameriflight.
    2) Has not been the subject of disciplinary action by Ameriflight for any reason during their employment with Ameriflight.
    3) Has no failed check rides within the previous 18 months.
    4) Will be required to complete a pilot application, employment records review pursuant to PRIA, and a pre-employment drug screening as required for employment at Allegiant.
    5) Satisfactorily completes an instrument proficiency validation and a final entry interview administered by Allegiant within 90 days of the anticipated class date.
Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Am I missing something or is true that to get on with Allegiant through this Ameriflight program you'd need 2500 hours tt? What benefit does a pilot have to do this when every other regional will hire at 1500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dera 08-24-2017 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by milldog60 (Post 2419256)
Am I missing something or is true that to get on with Allegiant through this Ameriflight program you'd need 2500 hours tt? What benefit does a pilot have to do this when every other regional will hire at 1500?

I'll give you a hint. Allegiant is a major, not a regional airline.

milldog60 08-25-2017 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by dera (Post 2419335)
I'll give you a hint. Allegiant is a major, not a regional airline.

Lol my bad!!!

Jetlife 08-25-2017 07:27 AM

Lol.

If you’re asking I’d there is an advantage to going to AMF and doing this program versus going to a regional and just applying to Allegiant, then no there isn’t an advantage really.