Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Javichu 08-31-2017 03:07 PM

I passed the interview and was included on the candidate pool for the EMB120 SIC position haha, but hey you start flying and dang.....so who knows :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Javichu 08-31-2017 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by dera (Post 2423054)
Sure, you game for a January class? :D

(assuming we get the job of course...)

I'm in their pool candidate already but as SIC. But I should be around 900h TT and 450h of multi by January :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Test Echo 45 09-06-2017 12:09 PM

Let's say someone has the goal of flying for UPS, or Fedex. Does spending time at Ameriflight help get you there or is one better off spending that time flying for a regional? Thanks in advance.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-06-2017 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Test Echo 45 (Post 2426009)
Let's say someone has the goal of flying for UPS, or Fedex. Does spending time at Ameriflight help get you there or is one better off spending that time flying for a regional? Thanks in advance.

For FedEx, I have no idea. Years ago the key to getting there was military time. But now I have no clue. I don't know anyone who flies there.

For UPS, I do know two former AMF pilots who are there. One went straight from AMF to UPS about 12-13 years ago. The more recent one went from AMF to SkyWest and then to UPS about 6 months ago.

There is currently a program that UPS set up where they bring people on as interns and send them to AMF when they get to about 500 hours. They will fly here, starting as BE99 first officers then moving to the left seat in the 99 and up to the type rated planes until they get to about 3000 hours and then go back to UPS. This was announced as Phase I. Which implies there should be a Phase II and maybe III. No idea what it is but rumor is there may be an announcement mid to late November.

BlueJacketGuy 09-07-2017 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2426088)
There is currently a program that UPS set up where they bring people on as interns and send them to AMF when they get to about 500 hours. They will fly here, starting as BE99 first officers then moving to the left seat in the 99 and up to the type rated planes until they get to about 3000 hours and then go back to UPS. This was announced as Phase I. Which implies there should be a Phase II and maybe III. No idea what it is but rumor is there may be an announcement mid to late November.

Any source on the phases/hours that the interns need through AMF, I've still only seen the press announcement with no resl requirements.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-07-2017 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by BlueJacketGuy (Post 2426387)
Any source on the phases/hours that the interns need through AMF, I've still only seen the press announcement with no resl requirements.

Since the program is initiated at UPS's end, I don't really know what the requirements are to enter the program.

PetRock 09-07-2017 11:12 AM

What is the forecast for EMB 120 FOs for the fall hiring season?

BarbaPapa 09-07-2017 04:09 PM

And what would be the requirements?

Originally Posted by PetRock (Post 2426686)
What is the forecast for EMB 120 FOs for the fall hiring season?

And what would be the requirements?

KiloWhiskey 09-07-2017 06:21 PM

How tough is the training program? I've heard in the past it was a difficult program. I'm asking from the standpoint of being out of currency as I have not flown for a couple of years, although I have several thousand hours of turboprop time.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-08-2017 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by KiloWhiskey (Post 2426916)
How tough is the training program? I've heard in the past it was a difficult program. I'm asking from the standpoint of being out of currency as I have not flown for a couple of years, although I have several thousand hours of turboprop time.

KW, I was in the same boat when I came to AMF. I had just over 3200 hours but hadn't flown professionally in 9 years and hadn't touched the yoke of an airplane in five.

It is a tough program. Tough in that it is very thorough and we want you to be able to handle any problem, in the weather, single pilot (unless you are in the E120) and get the plane safely back on the ground.

But contrary to many comments on here our intent is NOT to wash you out. We need pilots and will do all we can to get you through training. But you also have to put in the effort. And there are some guys who just can't cut it. Even if they DO have several thousand hours. So we do still have wash outs. But if we bring you in for training, we want you to succeed.