Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Fishnfly4fun 09-18-2017 03:44 PM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2421701)
Hi, there!

We are not limitless on the ACP positions, but we are hiring quite a few. For our September training class, we are able to hire five. For our October training class, we will be hiring four.
Yes, those mins are pretty spot on to what we are hiring at.
However, the more TT, more steam gauge time, and more IFR time, the better.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hey FreightDogs, I am assuming these October ACP positions have been filled, however, are future training classes looking like a possibility this winter? Sorry if I missed this answer in previous post!

twdriver 09-19-2017 07:25 AM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2430733)
Hi!

In general, your chances of being hired into a BE99 position in Seattle are pretty high. With pilots transitioning to bigger aircraft and pilots moving to other bases or out, we often see 99 positions open up in Seattle.

I'm sure you know of our BE99 Captain time requirements, but I'll reference them here: 1,200 TT, 50 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
So, at this moment it looks like you are short on TT, ME, and (just a little) night.

If you intend to wait until you hit 1,200TT to apply, I'm sure you'll be good on night by then. Depending on what your ME time is at that point, we might be able to consider you since you would be good (and way above in some cases) on the other times. If your ME is still around 35, the Chieftain would probably be your only option. If it's closer to 100, you should be fine (especially if you are higher on other times - like you are for PIC). Ultimately, your recruiter would have to get it approved by the flight department, but usually it isn't an issue.

Sorry for the length! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Apologies for my late response, I appreciate the additional detail, thank you for taking the time. I am hoping to be at 1200TT by January, based on my times if I am at 1000 PIC time and exceed all other requirements by about 15-20%, how much additional multi-time would you recommend?

FreightDogs 09-20-2017 01:33 PM


Originally Posted by Fishnfly4fun (Post 2432234)
Hey FreightDogs, I am assuming these October ACP positions have been filled, however, are future training classes looking like a possibility this winter? Sorry if I missed this answer in previous post!

Hi, there!

We actually have two left open for the October class.
Our last day to send out offer letters for the October class is next Friday (to give ample time to get everything done before training starts).
As for this winter, we likely won't see any more ACP openings until after the 1st of the year.

Hope that helps!

FreightDogs 09-20-2017 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by twdriver (Post 2432475)
Apologies for my late response, I appreciate the additional detail, thank you for taking the time. I am hoping to be at 1200TT by January, based on my times if I am at 1000 PIC time and exceed all other requirements by about 15-20%, how much additional multi-time would you recommend?

Hi!

No problem!
For the BE99 (if you wanted to skip the Chieftain altogether and stay in Seattle), I'd aim for about 35 more multi. I think that would get you there without being too strenuous on your bank account.
Being at 70 multi would obviously be less than our 99 min, but since you are much higher on everything else and seemingly current, you would be good at 70.

N3165P 09-20-2017 04:40 PM

Hi

I was reading the posts and would like your opinion if you think my numbers are competitive for the BE99 SIC position.

830 TT
665 PIC
385 twin
42 turbine
47 nights

Thanks in advance

pilotlyfe 09-20-2017 08:25 PM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2431894)
Hi!

Your times are very impressive and with your knowledge of our BE1900, you'd be a very competitive candidate!
But just as you suspect, the lack of PIC time is the one thing that's keeping us from hiring you right here and now.

I'll pass your experience and times along to our recruiting/flight meeting Wednesday to see what they can do for you since you do have a lot of 1900, Turbine, & multi experience.

Your current 1900, does it have a glass cockpit?
Is there any way for you to gain PIC time while you fly to 1,200TT? At times, we are able to hire at 400-450 PIC if those other times are really high (like yours).

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and your willingness to help! The 1900s that I fly for my current company are not glass. They are your standard steam gauge instruments with an HSI and Garmin 430 units. Some of the 1900s have ADS-B and some don't and some have autopilot and others don't.

As far as accruing PIC time goes, I can attain some PIC time but by the time I would reach 135 IFR PIC minimums, I would still be very short of PIC time. Do you think I would still be a viable candidate?

Thank you again!

DBono 09-20-2017 09:42 PM

Logbooks
 
Freightdogs and frmrbuffdrvr,

many thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I think I have a new one.

My logbook was stolen with my flight bag in 1999. My history was
PPL 1986
IFR 1989
CSEL Jul 1991
CMEL Aug 1991
Those dates are all readily verifiable with the FAA.
In early 1999 I had 575TT and 33 ME when the logbook was stolen.
I have probably 50-60% of the receipts proving that time, but not 100%. I had a summary of my times in type, etc, recorded on a spreadsheet, so had a good basis to start my new log book. Re-accomplished all my endorsements (hi perf, complex, TW). Have all my BFRs, etc, since 1999, so a good record with CFI signatures over time since 1999.
Now I'm at
1145 TT
1090 PIC
48 ME
550 XC
105 night
120 IFR (25 actual, 85 hood, 10 sim/AFT)
So I'm within a few months of meeting Pt 135 IFR PIC mins.

Is my lost logbook going to be an issue?

frmrbuffdrvr 09-21-2017 01:33 PM


Originally Posted by N3165P (Post 2433423)
Hi

I was reading the posts and would like your opinion if you think my numbers are competitive for the BE99 SIC position.

830 TT
665 PIC
385 twin
42 turbine
47 nights

Thanks in advance

What is your point to point cross country?
What is your total instrument (actual and hood?)

If those are workable, I don't see an issue.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-21-2017 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by DBono (Post 2433548)
Freightdogs and frmrbuffdrvr,

many thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. I think I have a new one.

My logbook was stolen with my flight bag in 1999. My history was
PPL 1986
IFR 1989
CSEL Jul 1991
CMEL Aug 1991
Those dates are all readily verifiable with the FAA.
In early 1999 I had 575TT and 33 ME when the logbook was stolen.
I have probably 50-60% of the receipts proving that time, but not 100%. I had a summary of my times in type, etc, recorded on a spreadsheet, so had a good basis to start my new log book. Re-accomplished all my endorsements (hi perf, complex, TW). Have all my BFRs, etc, since 1999, so a good record with CFI signatures over time since 1999.
Now I'm at
1145 TT
1090 PIC
48 ME
550 XC
105 night
120 IFR (25 actual, 85 hood, 10 sim/AFT)
So I'm within a few months of meeting Pt 135 IFR PIC mins.

Is my lost logbook going to be an issue?

As long as you have a current log book and you certify that it is accurate (including what you had before) then I don't think it will be an issue. If you certify in your current log book that those are correct times and they aren't, that is between you and the feds. We don't go back and check all of your times. We just check that they "make sense" of how much you have in the different categories. Like if your instrument time was 500 hours with your current total, we might question it. But 10% is a reasonable number.

N3165P 09-21-2017 04:35 PM

frmrbuffdrvr Thank your for your response, to answer your questions,

total cross country is 480

total ifr time is 124 hours with 11 actual

103 approaches


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:26 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands