Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

PotatoChip 10-09-2017 06:25 AM

Has anyone started the new home-based schedule? Two weeks on, one week off, two weeks on, two weeks off?

Is it available for all airframes?

PetRock 10-09-2017 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2442516)
Hi, there!

This is separate from the UPS intern program. That'll still be a thing, but this is for pilots working here now and pilots that will be working here in the future (not through the intern gateway program).

When we finalize the details, there will be a number of benchmarks the pilot has to fulfill (like professional development, personal development, length with Ameriflight, etc.)

For current Ameriflight pilots, what they have done with us so far counts toward the program. So if they've been here for two years, that'll count toward the time requirement and if they have a certain number of hours with us that'll count toward the hour requirement and so on and so forth.

Hope that makes sense! :)

That is good news.

Thanks for the clarification.

own nav 10-10-2017 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by collegedropout9 (Post 2443771)
Anyone currently flying the BE99 for AMF that could share what the avionics package installed on the airplane is? Are all of the airplanes standard? I thought I saw a cockpit photo on The AMF Facebook page that showed a STEC 30 installed. It looked like a Garmin GPS was installed as well, but I could not make it out. Anyone flying in the home based program of 2/7/2/2? How do you like it? Do you have the opportunity to upgrade to the 1900 relatively soon. Any details you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks, CD9

Garmin 430 and Stec 30 are standard for the 99. There are some still without either, but they are cycling through the fleet, one at a time to put the GPS in at the same time as the ADS B transponder.

frmrbuffdrvr 10-10-2017 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2444357)
Garmin 430 and Stec 30 are standard for the 99. There are some still without either, but they are cycling through the fleet, one at a time to put the GPS in at the same time as the ADS B transponder.

I believe the ones being put in with the ADS B are Garmin 650.

frmrbuffdrvr 10-10-2017 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by PotatoChip (Post 2443807)
Has anyone started the new home-based schedule? Two weeks on, one week off, two weeks on, two weeks off?

Is it available for all airframes?

Home based for the type rated equipment (SA227, BE1900 and E120) has been going on for about a year. The official schedule is 18 days on/12 off but because of our flight schedules it usually runs a 14 days on/14 off. But you can be kept at your TDY station for a couple days beyond that if needed because of the official 18 on.

I don't really know about the home based BE99. The very first pilots on that schedule are in the indoc class that just started yesterday. I don't even know if the schedule you cite is even correct.

PotatoChip 10-10-2017 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2444478)
Home based for the type rated equipment (SA227, BE1900 and E120) has been going on for about a year. The official schedule is 18 days on/12 off but because of our flight schedules it usually runs a 14 days on/14 off. But you can be kept at your TDY station for a couple days beyond that if needed because of the official 18 on.

I don't really know about the home based BE99. The very first pilots on that schedule are in the indoc class that just started yesterday. I don't even know if the schedule you cite is even correct.

Thanks!!
The schedule I posted was on indeed.com, posted By Ameriflight.

frmrbuffdrvr 10-10-2017 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by PotatoChip (Post 2444494)
Thanks!!
The schedule I posted was on indeed.com, posted By Ameriflight.

Yeah, I have verified that is going to be the schedule for all new home based captains in all planes. 2 weeks on/1 week off/2 weeks on/2 weeks off. You won't necessarily start at the actual beginning of that schedule when you are released to the line but that is the flow of it once you start. Conceivably you could finish your check ride and roll into the schedule at the beginning of the 2 weeks off or the middle of one of the two weeks on blocks or anywhere in between.

max gross 10-11-2017 06:56 PM

Does AMF require a training contract?

FreightDogs 10-12-2017 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Shane23 (Post 2442859)
Thank you for providing all of the requirements.

I was a CFI/CFII but have not flown in some time. I am returning to aviation and just got check out for a 1st class medical and have my flight review/instrument schedule to be completed this month. My question is about how many current hours does Ameriflight require?

PIC 850
Multi 43
CC 223
Complex 93
Night 46

Hi!

There's really not a number of current hours required.
What is required though is that you are IFR current.
Other than that, you are good to go!

FreightDogs 10-12-2017 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by FlightLife (Post 2443442)
Hi there.

I'm interested in the seasonal positions that you have posted. I saw that it is for certain bases and for the PA31 and BE99 only. Are we able to choose which one of those aircraft and which of those bases? Or is it what and where needed? I've been looking for a seasonal job like this so I can keep a helicopter seasonal summer job.

Thanks.

Hi, there!

Glad to hear you are interested in the seasonal spots!
Yes, you are able to choose. As long as you are qualified for the aircraft, you can choose it!
As for the bases, it is a little bit of a choice. It definitely depends on where we need you. We pay for your housing, travel, and per diem, so typically location is not an issue.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!