Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Javichu 10-12-2017 11:58 AM

Any idea on when the next classes with ACP spots will be? I'm doing my numbers here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FreightDogs 10-12-2017 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by collegedropout9 (Post 2443771)
Anyone currently flying the BE99 for AMF that could share what the avionics package installed on the airplane is? Are all of the airplanes standard? I thought I saw a cockpit photo on The AMF Facebook page that showed a STEC 30 installed. It looked like a Garmin GPS was installed as well, but I could not make it out. Anyone flying in the home based program of 2/7/2/2? How do you like it? Do you have the opportunity to upgrade to the 1900 relatively soon. Any details you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks, CD9

Hi, there!

It looks like your first question was answered.
The Home Based Captain schedule is 14/7/14/14.
Upgrade time is relatively quick depending on your schedule. We have preferred BE1900 Captain mins that we need you to be at or near before you upgrade: 1,800 TT, 250 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 1,000 PIC, 100 instrument, 100 Turbine
At the moment, we use a quarterly bid system to change aircraft and locations.

Hope that helps!

FreightDogs 10-12-2017 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by PotatoChip (Post 2443807)
Has anyone started the new home-based schedule? Two weeks on, one week off, two weeks on, two weeks off?

Is it available for all airframes?

Hi, there!

Yes, 14/7/14/14 is the schedule.
This position is available for all aircraft except the Chieftain.

Hope that helps!

FreightDogs 10-12-2017 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by max gross (Post 2445503)
Does AMF require a training contract?

Nope, no training contract.

FreightDogs 10-12-2017 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2446022)
Any idea on when the next classes with ACP spots will be? I'm doing my numbers here :)

Hi, there!

Our best guess is January.
Folks are upgrading to the left seat and opening up those spots, but we're not thinking we'll be able to take any until January.

Hope that helps!

Javichu 10-12-2017 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2446037)
Hi, there!

Our best guess is January.
Folks are upgrading to the left seat and opening up those spots, but we're not thinking we'll be able to take any until January.

Hope that helps!

It does! Thanks :)

I'm honoring my contract and I can't leave till December/January, so that would be perfect.

Ifly3977x 10-13-2017 09:55 AM

Is there a way we can apply for the ACP now or will you post it closer to January?

FlightLife 10-14-2017 11:03 AM

Interview Sim Ride

Is the interview sim ride conducted at the base closest to where I currently live, or is it done at the base to which I apply? And, is a random approach procedure chosen to fly at that location? What type of simulator is used? I'd like to get some practice in as close to the real thing as possible before getting to that point.

frmrbuffdrvr 10-15-2017 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by FlightLife (Post 2447173)
Is the interview sim ride conducted at the base closest to where I currently live, or is it done at the base to which I apply? And, is a random approach procedure chosen to fly at that location? What type of simulator is used? I'd like to get some practice in as close to the real thing as possible before getting to that point.

There is no interview sim. There is a technical interview but it is all done over the phone.

Javichu 10-15-2017 07:44 AM

It may be a stupid question but how's the workload as a single pilot IFR? I know not all the planes have GPS and of course no AP.
I fly single pilot VFR and obviously it's a piece of cake, but just wondering