Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

BravoPapa 11-22-2017 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2470469)
Do ameriflight pilots use or are they allowed to use foreflight? Or they must use paper plates.

Another question, is there any training contract for the ACP program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there any regulation that keeps you from using an iPad in your plane regardless as long as you're meeting the requirement of having paper charts in the plane? I can't imagine that some still wouldn't have it on board. I mean people have been doing it for years anyway.

dera 11-22-2017 02:45 PM


Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2470611)
Is there any regulation that keeps you from using an iPad in your plane regardless as long as you're meeting the requirement of having paper charts in the plane? I can't imagine that some still wouldn't have it on board. I mean people have been doing it for years anyway.

Not legal under Part 135.

Javichu 11-22-2017 03:06 PM


Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2470611)
Is there any regulation that keeps you from using an iPad in your plane regardless as long as you're meeting the requirement of having paper charts in the plane? I can't imagine that some still wouldn't have it on board. I mean people have been doing it for years anyway.



Someone told me you can't use it unless is certified , but go figure!.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonnyjetprop 11-22-2017 03:23 PM


Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2470611)
Is there any regulation that keeps you from using an iPad in your plane regardless as long as you're meeting the requirement of having paper charts in the plane?

There's regulations that require interference testing, training, and validation prior to using any EFB under 135 and 121. The process can take 12 months or more to fully implement the program.

BravoPapa 11-22-2017 04:58 PM


Originally Posted by dera (Post 2470629)
Not legal under Part 135.


Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2470641)
Someone told me you can't use it unless is certified , but go figure!.

True. I'm not talking about legal or certified, just talking about what people actually do. Non commercial pilots for years have been using this technology even though it's not 'legal', even for instrument flying or approaches. I just mean if you have one, it isn't actually illegal to take it on board in 135 ops, right? It's like the 'honor system' that you won't use it 'illegally', right?

JasonRick 11-22-2017 05:24 PM


Originally Posted by Jdel (Post 2470246)
How was the interview? I have to phone interview also and wondered what kind of questions they ask you?

I was curious what the background check requirements are for ameriflight? Does anyone know?

dera 11-22-2017 05:43 PM


Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2470705)
True. I'm not talking about legal or certified, just talking about what people actually do. Non commercial pilots for years have been using this technology even though it's not 'legal', even for instrument flying or approaches. I just mean if you have one, it isn't actually illegal to take it on board in 135 ops, right? It's like the 'honor system' that you won't use it 'illegally', right?

It's illegal to have it powered up in the cockpit on a 135 flight during critical phases of flight.

BravoPapa 11-22-2017 05:56 PM


Originally Posted by dera (Post 2470737)
It's illegal to have it powered up in the cockpit on a 135 flight during critical phases of flight.

Got it. That's what I was wondering.

dera 11-22-2017 06:01 PM


Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2470739)
Got it. That's what I was wondering.

Actually, I take that back. It's not just critical phases of flight, it's in the airplane altogether.

135.144.
(b)(6) means if it's approved, you can use it. If not, you can't power it up. And without an EFB program, it's not approved.

frmrbuffdrvr 11-22-2017 07:36 PM


Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2470571)
Not approved yet for foreflight, Jeppesen paper charts for now. We keep hearing that the electronic flight bag is in the works.

We're hoping for first quarter of 2018 for the test phase.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:58 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands