Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 06-26-2009 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by CloudPilot57 (Post 635477)
Do you guys file a new flight plan each time you fly, or since you do the same route a lot, does the company have candid routes for you to file?

Usually, your dispatcher will have your route filed and ready for you to pick up your clearance. It may depend from base to base, but my dispatchers have been pretty helpful in filing plans for both scheduled and nonscheduled routes.

CloudPilot57 06-26-2009 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 635757)
Usually, your dispatcher will have your route filed and ready for you to pick up your clearance. It may depend from base to base, but my dispatchers have been pretty helpful in filing plans for both scheduled and nonscheduled routes.

ok cool. Thanks!
Hope to hear something!

Planewatcher 06-26-2009 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 635757)

Not entirely true. We have Whats called Center stored flight planes. Which means our Scheduled flights have their flight plan's saved to an FAA computer and the computer will transmit them one hour before dep. Unscheduled yea the DX's do it.

own nav 06-27-2009 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Planewatcher (Post 635782)
Not entirely true. We have Whats called Center stored flight planes. Which means our Scheduled flights have their flight plan's saved to an FAA computer and the computer will transmit them one hour before dep. Unscheduled yea the DX's do it.

Not around these parts, they stopped doing center stored plans a few months back.

CloudPilot57 06-27-2009 06:54 PM

Apc says cass approved but also swa is only agreement. Can you jump on anyone else or just swa? Also, can you do trip trades with other pilots in your base for more time off? Or is that not possible since everyone does the same 5 on 2 off sked? Thanks!

Coehill 06-27-2009 08:38 PM

So nobody has heard back from them regarding interviews?

freightdog 06-27-2009 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by CloudPilot57 (Post 636112)
Apc says cass approved but also swa is only agreement. Can you jump on anyone else or just swa? Also, can you do trip trades with other pilots in your base for more time off? Or is that not possible since everyone does the same 5 on 2 off sked? Thanks!

we trip trade all the time. Either to get earlier at night or for different days off

Planewatcher 06-28-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 635839)
Not around these parts, they stopped doing center stored plans a few months back.

I find that hard to believe. Unless your in CVG. Even then you are getting some Center stored plans.

Bowersbum 06-28-2009 09:27 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about having alot of time to apply to AMF, I got interviewed/hired with the nearly the exact minimums they require and about 8 hours of actual.

Earl81 06-28-2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Planewatcher (Post 636616)
I find that hard to believe. Unless your in CVG. Even then you are getting some Center stored plans.

We don't have center stored plans anymore. The company now does it with a new software system that make it look like it's a center stored. The software files automatic every day. The company can make changes to each flight plan in house. Last I heard OAK was taking care of them.