Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

aajones5 03-24-2018 05:54 PM

What potential bases are available for someone entering as a first officer?

Bellair 03-24-2018 06:43 PM

Do a little reading and you'll find your answer.

frmrbuffdrvr 03-25-2018 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by aajones5 (Post 2558129)
What potential bases are available for someone entering as a first officer?

Depends on which FO track you are asking about. Which is also dependent on how much flight time you have.

800 TT and up, you are talking about the Accelerated Captain Program (ACP.) For this you would train as FO in a BE99. You would not be assigned an actual base until you were near time to transition to captain and then you would bid for an open spot in the system. Until then we would move you to where you can most effectively gain your required flight time (commiserate with where you stand compared to other FO toward becoming a captain) and we could cover your hotel and per diem (assuming you don't live at one of our bases.)

If you have from 500-700 hours, you would come in as an E120 FO. Then you would be assigned an actual base until you reached 1200 TT and were ready to move to captain in a BE99. Those bases are in a post from a couple of days ago.

SonicFlyer 03-26-2018 09:48 AM

Does anyone have an interview gouge? :confused:

ZippyNH 03-26-2018 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer (Post 2559070)

Read the last 10-20 pages...
All your answers are there.
First test...can you find the info and comprehend it.
Ameriflight is primarily a single Pilot 135 freight company, with some EMB-120 copilot positions, and a program to get some higher time guys that don't quite meet the FAA/COMPANY MINIMUM for pic up to FAA/company minimums...
Most questions have been answered maybe 3x in the last 3 months...and the company website always lists currently bases that have openings after they have been put out too bid.
Sorry if it comes across harsh, but in 135 you have to be a bit of a self-starter, and know where to find info..
You typically won't be in an office to get spoon-fed....

SonicFlyer 03-26-2018 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ZippyNH (Post 2559089)
Read the last 10-20 pages...
All your answers are there.
First test...can you find the info and comprehend it.
Ameriflight is primarily a single Pilot 135 freight company, with some EMB-120 copilot positions, and a program to get some higher time guys that don't quite meet the FAA/COMPANY MINIMUM for pic up to FAA/company minimums...
Most questions have been answered maybe 3x in the last 3 months...and the company website always lists currently bases that have openings after they have been put out too bid.
Sorry if it comes across harsh, but in 135 you have to be a bit of a self-starter, and know where to find info..
You typically won't be in an office to get spoon-fed....

That's not helpful at all, and I have already read the last 10-20 pages. I am asking for a specific interview gouge. Nothing more, nothing less.

ZippyNH 03-26-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer (Post 2559133)
That's not helpful at all, and I have already read the last 10-20 pages. I am asking for a specific interview gouge. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry if you didn't figure it out...
There are numerous posts saying it was either a phone or Skype interview, a few basic questions or even just an offer depending on experience.
Ameriflight is mostly a "sink or swim" type of place... you show up, go through class, take a test, and if you pass you stay.
Fail, you are sent packing (extra training might be an option at some levels). Same thing happens a couple times as you progress. You learn, you stay...fail to learn to standard, you are given a ticket home. No real secret.
Know your stuff, be prepared, and all will be good. They are training you to fly 135 alone, at night, often in poor weather, primarily with older equipment. The training is kinda intense, but people with good skills come out better for it. Yes, it kinda "old school" training , not like s summer camp, but the planes are old school....
Yup...I read much of the thread before I went, kinda knew what to expect.
People in class range from first time 135 pilot's, to seasoned freight dogs, to retired 121 guys...

FreightDogs 03-26-2018 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer (Post 2559070)

Interviewing is relatively simple these days. Once you qualify and apply, a recruiter will call you and verify your application, when you will be available for a training class, and where you are available to go base-wise.
If everything works out and you have 15 minutes to spare for an interview, your phone interview will commence. You'll be asked HR questions about your personal and professional background (what kind of flying you've been doing, employment history, questions to get more details, etc).
There may be a follow up call if after discussion Flight or Recruiting has additional questions.
At that point, your recruiter will get an answer for you and either make you an offer or ask you to get something (more ME, more Instrument, or whatever you are lacking) or give you a flat no if we can't do anything for you.

Hope that helps!

FreightDogs 03-26-2018 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Helios (Post 2557930)
Hi folks,

I am curious if there are any present (or upcoming) PIC openings for the EMB-120 or SA-227 in PHX?

Or perhaps, a floater PIC position in the EMB-120?

Or perhaps in DFW (I have family there).

I am Typed in the Metro and flew for Ameriflight twenty years ago.
I have a bit over 1300 hours of PIC time in each the SA-227, and, in the B737
series, among other various Type Ratings / flight time. I enjoyed my time at Ameriflight in the '90s and am looking at this as a quality of life move; getting hired on by Ameriflight. I have a business jet PIC job that I will be going into training for soon and Ameriflight actually pays substantially more than their offering, although both offer a good quality of life. I am hoping to find something at Ameriflight before the training begins at the other operation.

Thank you for your help!

We do not have any openings for EMB120s or SA227s in PHX.
We do have BE1900 and SA227 positions open that are technically based at DFW, but you would live at an outstation.

We have Home-Based Captain positions available.
EMB120: Home Based Captain Cargo Pilot - Careers At Ameriflight, LLC
SA227: Home Based Captain Cargo Pilot SA227 Metroliner - Careers At Ameriflight, LLC

That schedule is 14/7/14/14.

Hope that helps! :)

SonicFlyer 03-26-2018 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2559179)
Interviewing is relatively simple these days. Once you qualify and apply, a recruiter will call you and verify your application, when you will be available for a training class, and where you are available to go base-wise.
If everything works out and you have 15 minutes to spare for an interview, your phone interview will commence. You'll be asked HR questions about your personal and professional background (what kind of flying you've been doing, employment history, questions to get more details, etc).
There may be a follow up call if after discussion Flight or Recruiting has additional questions.
At that point, your recruiter will get an answer for you and either make you an offer or ask you to get something (more ME, more Instrument, or whatever you are lacking) or give you a flat no if we can't do anything for you.

Hope that helps!

There is no technical interview? :confused: